Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

That map just shows the distaste for politicians like Putin or Bolsonaro of xmen editorial
    They probably also hate Trump but Americans generally arent the villains in their cultural products, iirc the only Rambo style movie about killing Americans is a hilarious B class Turkish movie from a decade ago.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Did Selene use her position as a religious pundit to seduce the vice president?
    Non-sense. Mother would never let him be alone with a woman.

I think the US government would be happy to rid itself of the yoke of big pharma. If I was a politician on either side of the isle I would spin this into a huge win. America has now taken a giant step forward in the needs of care for it's people. The congress people will get their kick backs from other big industry. On the other hand the U.S. doesn't really need to worry about Krakoa. It has it's own super-humans and big brains that can do just about anything that can be done on the island. It probably would've been more of a headache to not agree to it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I think they already mention in interviews they are countries that agree to Krakoa being a nation but behind the scenes they are working against them. Strategically it does make any sense to make yourself an enemy Krakoa out in the open.

BANNED

America is very much one of mutantkinds enemy and its been acknowledged in universe in the past. Writers just arent allowed to criticize it because Ike is Trumps bff. Compare and contrast with how openly critical Marvel was of Bush around Civil War era.

Also lol at American politicians having their people s best interests at heart.

Astonishing Member

I would venture a combination of a desire to be rid of the mutant population, existing connections and bribery by Hellfire, well-connected surviving Hydra sleepers being leaned on by Gorgon and some horse-Trading among the Power Elite by Selene (since dollars to doughnut she was involved in their bargain with Mephisto)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    America is very much one of mutantkinds enemy and its been acknowledged in universe in the past. Writers just arent allowed to criticize it because Ike is Trumps bff. Compare and contrast with how openly critical Marvel was of Bush around Civil War era.
    Sensible explanation.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

The United States has become the second nation with the most powerful individuals. Before they had almost a monopoly on superheroes, now Krakoa surpasses them (and by far).

I don't think the USA liked that.

BANNED

In Marvel Earth, Jeffrey Epstein probably was a mutant and Xavier threatened to put him on resurrection protocols and have him snitch on folks. Diplomacy 101.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The United States has become the second nation with the most powerful individuals. Before they had almost a monopoly on superheroes, now Krakoa surpasses them (and by far).

I don't think the USA liked that.
    The US has a distressingly stable Sentry, Wiccan* and Franklin resident in the US and notionally have Mephisto on side (to say nothing of the deterrent plan that amounts to ‘quick, give Wanda the Darkhold and 50 cc of Daddy issues’).

I’d say they didn’t like it but have fooled themselves into believing they could still take Krakoa

*who the X-Men really need to neutralize

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The US has a distressingly stable Sentry, Wiccan* and Franklin resident in the US and notionally have Mephisto on side (to say nothing of the deterrent plan that amounts to ‘quick, give Wanda the Darkhold and 50 cc of Daddy issues’).

I’d say they didn’t like it but have fooled themselves into believing they could still take Krakoa

*who the X-Men really need to neutralize
    The Sentry is currently a wild card. Franklin Richard has his energies severely depleted. Wiccan isn't a fan of superhero vs superhero

And anyway, they are not part of the US command structure. The X-Men are now loyal to Krakoa, are organized, trained and accustomed to working in teams. Krakoa is currently one of Marvel's greatest military powers. Before that, the US knew that when the Skrulls, the frozen giants, or whatever invaded their country, they had many mutants who were going to fight for them. All of them can now decide to save other parts of the world than America.

Xavier made all of America forget the impeachment inquiry. The rest of the world was like "The fu#(?! Guess we have no choice..." Well except Russia that went "Not today" Arya.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Sentry is currently a wild card. Franklin Richard has his energies severely depleted. Wiccan isn't a fan of superhero vs superhero

And anyway, they are not part of the US command structure. The X-Men are now loyal to Krakoa, are organized, trained and accustomed to working in teams. Krakoa is currently one of Marvel's greatest military powers. Before that, the US knew that when the Skrulls, the frozen giants, or whatever invaded their country, they had many mutants who were going to fight for them. All of them can now decide to save other parts of the world than America.
    I like that in the Marvel Universe, the superman equivalent is a inestable guy.

Either way, even if he is a wild card i think he is deterrent enough to avoid conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I like that in the Marvel Universe, the superman equivalent is a inestable guy.

Either way, even if he is a wild card i think he is deterrent enough to avoid conflict.
    The X-Men were able to deal with Sentry in Utopia with much less resources than they had now.

We know it is temporary while Krakoa is useful to the US the government will keep its word but on the other hand will turn a blind eye to those in its ranks who are beginning to prepare for a possible war or contingency plan to destroy the mutant nation when and if necessary.

In other words just business.