View Poll Results: How much will JOKER make at the WORLDWIDE box office?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • $700-799 million

2 5.88%
  • $800-850 million

6 17.65%
  • $851-899 million

3 8.82%
  • $900-950 million

2 5.88%
  • $951-999 million

3 8.82%
  • $1 BILLION or more

18 52.94%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#257b4ba618ff

Joker will make a billion by next week and will be the most profitable "hero" (or is it villain) comic book movie. Even with sharing profits wb is going to make a lot of money from this. Don't be shocked if they greenlight a second movie.
    Yep… Hitting that magical B mark next weekend and if not by next weekend, it should definitely be the following week.

I hope Joker stays a solo film and doesn't do anything else. I can see greed taking over, but this actually the time to now expand and try this formula with other IPs. If some of those fail, then maybe come back for a sequel or related film, but I don't want WB to get single focused on this version of Joker, though.

And the whole profits sharing thing everyone is talking about is not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.
    Warner Bros co-finances all of their films if I'm not mistaken. Whether that's with 1 or 2 other production companies varies. In Joker's case, WB co-financed with two others and I think WB financed 50% of the film while the other two are split evenly (I think). This means WB only put up around $30 million~ for production, but they'll be reaping about 10-15x (and will likely be a little more than that by the end of Joker's run) that anyway with returns like these.

I am impressed I thought some of the releases would slow it down but Joker has continued to earn at pretty consistent pace. In thinking about it Joker making a billion shouldn't be surprising

1. Its a "comic book" movie which do good in this market
    2. It is in Batman family of things and Batman related things are stupid popular.

It is amazing piece of marketing to get people to view this movie like some little indie movie that shouldn't be having this success and not comic book movie by a big studio about maybe the most popular villain in comics. I think that's where I went wrong in my predictions on it. It is an amazing piece of success to hit a billion as R rated movie and without China box office.

Never thought it was going to be such a success.

Congrats WB, you scored one fine hit there.

BANNED

Poor Batman! His arch nemesis is going to cross the billion threshold without him playing a significant part in the movie. It seems like he was holding him back all these years. Joker unleashed *Cue Maniacal Laughter* HAHAAAAAH HAHAAAAAH HAHAAAAAH

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Yep… Hitting that magical B mark next weekend and if not by next weekend, it should definitely be the following week.

I hope Joker stays a solo film and doesn't do anything else. I can see greed taking over, but this actually the time to now expand and try this formula with other IPs. If some of those fail, then maybe come back for a sequel or related film, but I don't want WB to get single focused on this version of Joker, though.

And the whole profits sharing thing everyone is talking about is not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.
    Warner Bros co-finances all of their films if I'm not mistaken. Whether that's with 1 or 2 other production companies varies. In Joker's case, WB co-financed with two others and I think WB financed 50% of the film while the other two are split evenly (I think). This means WB only put up around $30 million~ for production, but they'll be reaping about 10-15x (and will likely be a little more than that by the end of Joker's run) that anyway with returns like these.
    What do you mean by formula? The adult themed, Dramas based on villians? I'm all for that but I hope future movies if they are gonna use popular comicbook characters, make movies that actually require they be that character. I really enjoyed Joker and Phonenix is a shoe in for an Oscar Nomination and contender for the win. But everything Comicbook about this was superficial, names and locations that were not nessecary to the story. It could have been a movie called Clown taking place in New York. But in today's day and age Joker is a much easier Sale then Clown. Because CBMS rule the boxoffice

I'm all for an occasional grounded movie with a comicbook facade but I Hope it's not what DC pivots towards as a whole. But if the plan is to do some of these and also turn out Aquman and Shazam style movies go for it. Just dont think this is where the Genre should head as a whole. But ima stop becuase its gonna sounds like I didnt enjoy Joker and I really did like the movie. Congrats on sucess to WB and Phillips.

P.S yea I dont get why people care about co financing. The movie made a Billion dollar what do we care what percent WBs got, either way it was a huge return for them on the investment

Current worldwide is $984,691,507. Only $15,308,493 short of $1 billion.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releas...=bo_da_table_6

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What do you mean by formula? The adult themed, Dramas based on villians? I'm all for that but I hope future movies if they are gonna use popular comicbook characters, make movies that actually require they be that character. I really enjoyed Joker and Phonenix is a shoe in for an Oscar Nomination and contender for the win. But everything Comicbook about this was superficial, names and locations that were not nessecary to the story. It could have been a movie called Clown taking place in New York. But in today's day and age Joker is a much easier Sale then Clown. Because CBMS rule the boxoffice

I'm all for an occasional grounded movie with a comicbook facade but I Hope it's not what DC pivots towards as a whole. But if the plan is to do some of these and also turn out Aquman and Shazam style movies go for it. Just dont think this is where the Genre should head as a whole. But ima stop becuase its gonna sounds like I didnt enjoy Joker and I really did like the movie. Congrats on sucess to WB and Phillips.

P.S yea I dont get why people care about co financing. The movie made a Billion dollar what do we care what percent WBs got, either way it was a huge return for them on the investment
    Bold above is what I was meaning by "formula."
    It's different and could only be compared to Logan, in my opinion (and I loved Logan) when it comes to the comic book movie realm. Very "grounded" movies that aren't super tied into other things.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

From what Deadline is reporting that profits from Joker and It pt.2 will net WB over $600+ million this year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Going to be one of their best year since the end of Potter.

So it looks like Joker will probably hit $1 billion by the end of this weekend.
    Currently Joker is at $993,835,635 worldwide, about $6.2 million short of $1 billion.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releas...=bo_da_table_7

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So it looks like Joker will probably hit $1 billion by the end of this weekend.
    Currently Joker is at $993,835,635 worldwide, about $6.2 million short of $1 billion.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releas...=bo_da_table_7
    Woohoooo, its not even crawling to a billion. it's just taking its time.

Forbes says joker will hit a billion tomorrow.

Retired

It's funny that Box Office Mojo converted to its inferior IMDb Pro format just as JOKER was steaming toward a billion. Now I usually go to The Numbers to check on the box office each day.

If box office mojo says later this week then who knows when it will hit a billion. We have a he said, she said.

Extraordinary Member

I remember 10 years ago when it was a big deal that TDK was the first superhero film to hit 1 billion. Joker is the first supervillain film that will do it.