Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#257b4ba618ff

Joker will make a billion by next week and will be the most profitable "hero" (or is it villain) comic book movie. Even with sharing profits wb is going to make a lot of money from this. Don't be shocked if they greenlight a second movie.
Yep… Hitting that magical B mark next weekend and if not by next weekend, it should definitely be the following week.

I hope Joker stays a solo film and doesn't do anything else. I can see greed taking over, but this actually the time to now expand and try this formula with other IPs. If some of those fail, then maybe come back for a sequel or related film, but I don't want WB to get single focused on this version of Joker, though.

And the whole profits sharing thing everyone is talking about is not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.
Warner Bros co-finances all of their films if I'm not mistaken. Whether that's with 1 or 2 other production companies varies. In Joker's case, WB co-financed with two others and I think WB financed 50% of the film while the other two are split evenly (I think). This means WB only put up around $30 million~ for production, but they'll be reaping about 10-15x (and will likely be a little more than that by the end of Joker's run) that anyway with returns like these.