View Poll Results: How much will JOKER make at the WORLDWIDE box office?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • $700-799 million

2 5.88%
  • $800-850 million

6 17.65%
  • $851-899 million

3 8.82%
  • $900-950 million

2 5.88%
  • $951-999 million

3 8.82%
  • $1 BILLION or more

18 52.94%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

59 days out and Joker is still in the top 10 for domestic box office.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

When Man of Steel and Batman v Superman came out, people then and still today were "whining" about how those movies were "wrong" because they were too "grimdark," "joyless," and "edgelord" -- among other silly words. They were very loud and vocal and shouted everyone down who found something to like about those movies. They wanted everything to be like Marvel, and then when DC did make a Marvel-like movie with Aquaman, they criticized that.
    BvS was the biggest waste of time I've ever experienced in a movie theater. I say this as someone who paid money to see Batman and Robin and Alien: Resurrection. Even thinking about that overwrought garbage simultaneously bores and infuriates me.

Man of Steel was okay with the exception of Pa Kent being such an *******. I'm very ambivalent about how effective Superman actually was in that flick.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I watched it in three different months (in its own way it still looks and sounds great on a big screen) and never got to watch it in less than a half full at least showing. Not even at nighttime.

I guess that's how you make more than a billion without 3D or China.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It should get a bump around Oscar season too.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It should get a bump around Oscar season too.
    its at 1.05 billion at the box office. Awards season has kicked in and Joker is looking strong.

AFI Top 10 film

7 critics choice awards nominations including a nomination in the overall drama category.

5 Golden Globes including for picture, directing and acting.

if it plays through award seasons and keeps getting nominated. the final box office would be 1.1 billion.

Golden globes nods are out. Joker got a best picture nod and best actor nod!

https://www.goldenglobes.com/article...been-announced

The farther away I get from the Joker movie, the more I appreciate what it was. Tempted to see it again!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Golden globes nods are out. Joker got a best picture nod and best actor nod!

https://www.goldenglobes.com/article...been-announced
    It got four nominations in total: Best Drama; Best Director; Best Actor; Best Score.

In its 10th weekend that just wrapped, Joker finally fell out of the top 10, landing at #11.

There'll be too many new movies in December for Joker to spring back into the top 10, I'd wager, but It'll be interesting to see if the Golden Globe nominations generate an uptick in ticket sales even if its chart ranking falls a bit.

As for actually winning the Golden Globes, it's hard to say. Joker has 4 nominations, but category-mates The Irishman and Marriage Story have more -- 5 and 6 respectively.

The fact that Joker only has 1 acting nomination might hurt it in comparison to Marriage Story, which has 3 acting noms and Irishman, which has 2.

Also, Joker is the only one of the three that does NOT have a Best Screenplay nomination.

I'm thinking that Joker will be seen as an actor's showcase for Phoenix, and that might get him the Actor win, but that might be it.

Marriage Story seems to have its nominations spread out among more categories, which gives off the impression that it's a better, more broad-based, film. It's got both a Best Actress (Scarlett Johansson) and Best Actor (Adam Driver) nomination (but interestingly, no Best Director nom).