View Poll Results: Who do you expect (not want) is the writer on the Moira book?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kieron Gillen

18 32.73%
  • Chip Zdarsky

3 5.45%
  • Greg Rucka

1 1.82%
  • Al Ewing

5 9.09%
  • Si Spurrier

0 0%
  • Kelly Sue DeConnick

3 5.45%
  • Vita Ayala

2 3.64%
  • Leah Williams

3 5.45%
  • Ta-Nehisi Coates

1 1.82%
  • Eve Ewing

1 1.82%
  • Other (name below)

18 32.73%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Who do you EXPECT will write the Moira book?

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...f-x-questions/

The reason why this changed in production is because there was a writer we had hoped to get to do our eventual Moira book (that works as a kind of ‘dancing between the raindrops’ of X-Continuity story), and they agreed to do it long before we were expecting them to commit. Which was great news. Then I basically told them what I was planning to do and asked if they wanted me to NOT put the timeline in the book (which would lock a lot of plot/story stuff in), and after talking about it, we decided not to stick it in there. So the Cylobel bits went unresolved (for now) on the page.
    I think the title says it all. I'll throw some names in a poll, but feel free to name whoever.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know... just as long as it's not Rosenberg or Kittenhein...I'm good. (I chose Gillen because of the twitter-love he has with HiX-Man)
    I do fervently wish and pray that the artist is either Silva or Larraz.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-14-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

If its not Carey they might as well cancel Dawn of X entirely.

I tried to make clear that this isn't about who you'd want to write it, because somebody may well want Neil Gaiman or Alan Moore to write it, but obvious that's never going to happen.

At the same time, something about his phrasing makes me think it might well be a writer who isn't a current regular at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know... just as long as it's not Rosenberg or Kittenhein...I'm good. (I chose Gillen because of the twitter-love he has with HiX-Man)
    I do fervently wish and pray that the artist is either Silva or Larraz.
    I had some hesitancy throwing Kieron Gillen in the poll because he's talked about wanting to focus on creator-owned stuff, but since he's been publicly enthusiastic about this, I went along with it.

Or was it Carey...who had the brief tweet with HiX-Man not so long ago?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My bets are Kieron Gillen or Carey

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    If its not Carey they might as well cancel Dawn of X entirely.
    I thought about putting him on the poll, but I get the impression he's been out of comics for a while so I passed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or was it Carey...who had the brief tweet with HiX-Man not so long ago?
    I haven't seen or heard about that. Doesn't necessarily mean it isn't out there.

BANNED

Hickman brought up Carey a couple times since HoXPoX was announced. The description of Moiras book as "dancingbetween the raindrops of continuity" is also incredibly reminiscent of the Xavier led X-Men Legacy run. + Carey has always admitted he'd come back for more XMen if the opportunity arose.

Its not guaranteed to be him but Id say its likely.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Professor Michael James Carey, aka M. R. Carey.

Ah!
    I knew I was getting it mixed up.
    Then yes...to Carey as well.

BANNED

I think this is Claremont. Claremont said recently that he had another project in mind for 2020 and the way Hickman describes the Moira story as "dancing between the raindrops of X-Continuity story" fits him to a T.

Claremont recently said about his New Mutants return with Sinkiewicz
    "In terms of continuity, this probably takes place right after 'The Asgardian Wars', probably around the time of birth of Nathan [Summers], in that kind of fudgable space where it's between the published panels," Claremont stated. "All of this stuff is happening between the published panels... Marvel has a very fudgable relationship with the concept of time. It seems that most of the projects I'm doing with relationship to Marvel’s 80th anniversary occur during my core run on the X-Men titles."

https://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-war-...ine-placement/

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think this is Claremont. Claremont said recently that he had another project in mind for 2020 and the way Hickman describes the Moira story as "dancing between the raindrops of X-Continuity story" fits him to a T.

Claremont recently said about his New Mutants return with Sinkiewicz
    "In terms of continuity, this probably takes place right after 'The Asgardian Wars', probably around the time of birth of Nathan [Summers], in that kind of fudgable space where it's between the published panels," Claremont stated. "All of this stuff is happening between the published panels... Marvel has a very fudgable relationship with the concept of time. It seems that most of the projects I'm doing with relationship to Marvel’s 80th anniversary occur during my core run on the X-Men titles."

https://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-war-...ine-placement/
    Claremont also rather dismissively said he hadn't read Hickman's work, right?

Best guess would be Carey.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Claremont also rather dismissively said he hadn't read Hickman's work, right?
    he would read the books if he is working on them

Well I always want Gillen to do more work at Marvel. Not sure he will but he gets my vote by default.

I have to say this was a refreshingly open and candid interview.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.