View Poll Results: Who do you expect (not want) is the writer on the Moira book?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kieron Gillen

18 32.73%
  • Chip Zdarsky

3 5.45%
  • Greg Rucka

1 1.82%
  • Al Ewing

5 9.09%
  • Si Spurrier

0 0%
  • Kelly Sue DeConnick

3 5.45%
  • Vita Ayala

2 3.64%
  • Leah Williams

3 5.45%
  • Ta-Nehisi Coates

1 1.82%
  • Eve Ewing

1 1.82%
  • Other (name below)

18 32.73%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know... just as long as it's not Rosenberg or Kittenhein...I'm good. (I chose Gillen because of the twitter-love he has with HiX-Man)
    I do fervently wish and pray that the artist is either Silva or Larraz.
    I don't think they would let Rosenberg anywhere near Moira. He can't write female characters with any consistency.

They need a writer who can write a compelling and dynamic story about Moira, Logan, Apocalypse, Magneto, etc...

They also have to write about Nimrod, Homo Novissima, Karima, etc...

It may even include further run ins between Moira and Destiny and Mystique.

It's a big task to take on writing a huge story about Moira's lives.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Ayala, Williams, Gillen, Carey... Probably not Claremont though.

I'm guessing both the Moira book and the other book focusing on resurrection problems will be minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I'm guessing both the Moira book and the other book focusing on resurrection problems will be minis.
    He seemed pretty clear that the resurrection one was a singe issue at least to start with:

Anyway, the issue you’re looking for is (I think) X-Men #7 (it’s the one with Apocalypse and Nightcrawler on the cover). This will cover all the life-death-resurrection-soul questions.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-14-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think they would let Rosenberg anywhere near Moira. He can't write female characters with any consistency.

They need a writer who can write a compelling and dynamic story about Moira, Logan, Apocalypse, Magneto, etc...

They also have to write about Nimrod, Homo Novissima, Karima, etc...

It may even include further run ins between Moira and Destiny and Mystique.

It's a big task to take on writing a huge story about Moira's lives.
    If it is a dancing through the raindrops style story I don’t expect it to go deep into past lives. It sounds like a ‘what happened in past canon’ book to me. It has to be said there are not many writers that would tackle that kind of thing. I can only think of four off the top of my head, Busiek, Gillen, Aaron and Spurrier.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    He seemed pretty clear that the resurrection one was a singe issue at least to start with:

Anyway, the issue you’re looking for is (I think) X-Men #7 (it’s the one with Apocalypse and Nightcrawler on the cover). This will cover all the life-death-resurrection-soul questions.
    Yeah and he also said

But if that’s the case then what about duplicate copies, which one gets the soul? I dunno, that sounds like a story to me, but that’s also why they’re not allowing copies of characters on Krakoa. But what if there’s a mistake and you think someone’s dead, but make a copy anyway? Well, again, that sounds like a story… and we even have a series built around resurrection problems coming out next year.

I hope it's Ewing. His style would compliment Hickman's very well and vice-versa.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I thought about putting him on the poll, but I get the impression he's been out of comics for a while so I passed on him.

I haven't seen or heard about that. Doesn't necessarily mean it isn't out there.
    Carey's writing an FF one-shot that's coming out soon.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Would Gillen and Carey really come back?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Carey's writing an FF one-shot that's coming out soon.
    Yes, and I think he's done some wfh elsewhere too, as well as some creator-owned stuff. IIRC, Marvel approached him for X-Men more stuff once when he had his hands full with his own projects, so he had to decline. But it seems like he's had time to fit in more comics work recently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Would Gillen and Carey really come back?
    Gillen would come back just for the X-retreats to hang out with Hickman and Howard.

I wonder if it was Williams, but she got dropped when they got Carey or Gillen? That’s why we didn’t get the announcements at NYCC.

I'll be shocked if it's not Carey. Hickman loves his stuff and a book about mutant history focusing on Moira seems like the perfect sequel to pre-Rogue X-men Legacy.
    I REALLY hope it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I wonder if it was Williams, but she got dropped when they got Carey or Gillen? That’s why we didn’t get the announcements at NYCC.
    Williams still has a Wave 2 book.

BANNED

I want Gillen back but this doesn't seem like his type of book. My bet is Carey as well.

Ideally, I'd want Nicola Sturgeon to write it, but Gillen is the closest to that geography-wise. A US-based writer would need to do a kind of method research on the isle of Skye or shadowing Sturgeon and Mhairi Black for a while.

ETA: I rescind my vote. A woman needs to write this. Having men take credit for your life/live's work? That's something no cis-white-male can relate to, no matter their literary skills.

EETA: Actually, it's kind of offensive for a cis, white-male to write about a woman whose life experience encapsulates what non-white and/or non-cis and/or non-male people have to go through every day.

I don't think Hickman intended it, but post-HOXPOX Moira is a great metaphor for how those advantaged by existing power structures will take the credit and acclaim for work created by those who are disadvantaged by the same.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 10-15-2019 at 02:49 AM.