Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Has Psylocke ever had a good one? The most positive I can think of is Angel, and that ended up being toxic in the end. Then there was Fantomex, which was toxic. Then Cluster, who left her for Fantomex, so not great. When Cable clones.

Not that I wish none of those had happened. They were good story elements; it just happened the good story concerned unhealthy relationships.

Hazmat and Mettle were a love too pure for this world.

Don't let the X-boards find out about this or you'll get buried by a certain faction.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Love isn't real, and even then nothing is as bad as Havok and Wasp.
    How nihilistically droll of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Most Marvel romances don't really work because it's focused on the longing (i.e. Will They Won't They) to the extent that when they get together as a couple it doesn't work (Jean/Scott, dynamite in the period when she went to college ad then came back and she and Scott were kinda together but not officially seeing each other, ultimately leading to Dark Phoenix Saga...but when they got married their relationship kinda sucked, and then he cheated on her with Emma which is actually interesting as a relationship.)...or then you have married couples who are usually a chore to read (Reed/Sue, Hank/Janet).

In terms of best love story in a single story/arc, I think it has be Matt Murdock/Karen Page in BORN AGAIN. Frank Miller is not the most enlightened man when it comes to showing women and so on...but still his portrayal of the redemptive power of love and the need for a man and a woman for each other shines in that book and nothing beats that final image of Karen and Matt in a homage to the famous Freewheelin' Bob Dylan cover. It's a real shame that Kevin Smith was allowed to write for Marvel because Karen Page did not deserve to die after being the emotional core of one of the greatest Marvel stories ever...and thanks to Deborah Ann Woll's wonderful performance on the Netflix show, I hope eventually they find a way to bring Karen back.

As far as long time serial narrative romances go, Peter/Mary Jane is the greatest love story in superhero comics. Certainly the greatest love story in Marvel Comics. There's great stories in every stage of their relationship. Whether it's their first date and meeting (ASM #42-43-44), it's their actual courtship (Conway's run from ASM #121-22 to ASM #149). Their first kiss (ASM #143). Then their breakup and eventual second friendship where MJ pours her heart to Peter (ASM#259), which leads Peter to treat her as his confidant eventually confessing how he got Uncle Ben killed. Likewise, their Wedding Annual is a great story. The marriage years of the couple included many classics like KLH, Michelinie's run with DeFalco which included the America Tour, and Venom. The Cosmic Spider-Man story. JMD's entire Spectacular Run, Conway's Tombstone story, Mackie's Identity Crisis, JMS' Doomed Affairs, Book of Ezekiel, Back in Black, To Have and to Hold, Spider-Man Blue.

I also like Luke/Jessica a lot.
    Agreed with Peter/MJ first and foremost, but Matt/Karen and Luke Cage/Jessica Jones are good, too, and I will not be looking forward to the day somebody decides to break up Luke and Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I haven't read many Marvel comics with people in healthy relationships.

That is the one thing that I am disappointed with Marvel about.
    Generally agreed, but I think that amounts to a lot of the writers having some pretty unhealthy ideas about what love is and should be, or what relationships are like.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh, I love Jess and Luke.

Best - Iron Fist and Misty Knight

Worst - Jane Foster and Sam Wilson and Misty Knight(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Love isn't real, and even then nothing is as bad as Havok and Wasp.
    Any writer self insert relationship is going to be awful... which brings me to Magneto and Rogue. I know it has its fans but blergh.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Best: Cyclops and Lee Forrester. They were fun and good for each other. She doesn't let him get away with anything and he's dependable and kind. I'm sad he didn't give up the hero life to stay with her.

Worst: Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man. Gross because he hit on her when her husband was all messed up ans tired to replacr him.

I'd like to see: Scarlet Witch and Iron Man, though I love Scarlet Witch and Voodoo if they are still together. I don't know why. Maybe all the red and because Cap is taken? If Sharon dies, Wanda should go for it. After a respectful amount of time of course.

And Cyclops and Dazzler. He's a fan of her music and she lacks confidence as an X-Man. He's always believed in her and she needs that. He's also shown he's potentially willing to leave the X-Men for love (at least for a bit) and she's bever quite sure if she wants to be a hero. Maybe they can figure it out together.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 10-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Best: Cyclops and Lee Forrester. They were fun and good for each other. She doesn't let him get away with anything and he's dependable and kind. I'm sad he didn't give up the hero life to stay with her.
    I actually like Lee Forester too. She was a great character.

BEST COUPLES
    1. Wiccan and Hulkling
    2. Cyclops and Emma Frost
    3. Moonstone and Hawkeye

Quite polar opposites; I love the utter purity and brilliance of Wiccan and Hulkling (and it was the first every LGBT+ couple in comics I could root for). And I love the complexity and maturity of Cyclops/Emma and Moonstone/Hawkeye. It's not simple, it's detailed and both felt much more real as relationships than most other comic romances.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

My Favourites:
    Wanda and Vision
    Nightcrawler and Rachel
    Peter and MJ
    Hulkling and Wiccan

Least Favourites
    Havok and his Nurse
    Wanda and Wonderman
    Kitty and Colossus
    Nightcrawler and Amanda

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Kitty sure loves dating dudes called Peter.

BANNED

She has a Peter fetish.

Man, I'm still so mad that Quill/Pryde is dead. What the hell?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Kitty sure loves dating dudes called Peter.
    Did she ever hook up with Spidey?

BANNED

If Kitty has a thing for Peters, Katie Bishop has a fetish with gay boys, all her boyfriends ´till now are gay or bisexual xD.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSkavisnky View Post
    Did she ever hook up with Spidey?
    Ultimate Kitty Pryde got together with Ultimate Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    If Kitty has a thing for Peters, Katie Bishop has a fetish with gay boys, all her boyfriends ´till now are gay or bisexual xD.
    When was Eli Bradley revealed to be gay or bisexual?