BANNED

Default Best and Worst Marvel Characters with or without developing?

Characters changed and characters not changed (so much) over the years, characters that went from worst to best or from best to worst.
    Example: character has a glorious/ horrible time in selling matters, writting and/or maybe a good/bad moment in general in his/her life. Best and worst characters and why, can you answer?

iMan 42s

Best to Worst;
    Ben Reilly: No matter what people think of the Clone Saga, Ben Reilly was a bright spot of that and had his fans. So coming back as a villain in a (mercifully shorter) but just as dumb Cloning plot that bent over backwards to justify itself, it got rejected hard. Said rejection and bad writing would unfortunately carry over into his own series in a case of the Spider-office once again being unable to read the room. It took an event comic to put him into a good spot again a bit later but the damage was done.

Worst to best;
    Kaine Parker: Meant to be Ben Reilly's story ending up being Kaine's best and reintroduced him to readers as Scarlet Spider. Scarlet Spider as it stands is still really good and still my number 1 recommendation for picking up a Spider book. Kaine's showing in the Clone Saga was all over the place but his potential finally materialized as Scarlet Spider. In a tragic case of best to worst though, for some reason Amazing Spider-man decided to take away a lot of what we liked about this modern reboot. That book took away a lot of his new powers, ignored his cast, and even went ahead and gave him back the face full of scars. For some reason they undid a lot of it for near as I understand no reason.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Hope Summers

Not many liked her, but I sure did.
    Messiah CompleX was great, and she was great in the run up and during Second Coming. I feel more needed to added or done with “The Five Lights” to give Hope the necessary staying power she needed. The X-Men franchise as a whole then needed a final “act” (Messiah CompleX was the first, Second Coming the 2nd, this would be the last) that saw Hope at the forefront with the Phoenix and a revival of mutants. I respect many will pull me up here saying that’s what AvX was...but that wasn’t the X-Men, for me. It was all about The Avengers. What I would’ve loved would have been something heroic and what makes us loved X-Men and mutantkind, not the opposite. But hey ho.

Cyclops went pretty downhill too. Going from hardened pragmatist to radical and whatever the hell they tried to paint him as from Schism onwards.

Worst to Best: Genis-Vell

Started out as your typical 90's superhero full of angst. Once Avengers Forever came along, Marv received a total makeover and legitimately became a character worth reading about.

Best to Worst: Clint Barton

During happier times, Hawkeye was a hothead but proved himself a capable member of the Avengers. Then in 2012, Clint no longer wore his classic costume and became a total slacker. And what's worse, Clint isn't even considered "the world's greatest marksman" anymore. (WTF)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-15-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Worst to Best: Genis-Vell

Started out as your typical 90's superhero full of angst. Once Avengers Forever came along, Marv received a total makeover and legitimately became a character worth reading about.

Best to Worst: Clint Barton

During happier times, Hawkeye was a hothead but proved himself a capable member of the Avengers. Then in 2012, Clint no longer wore his classic costume and became a total slacker. And what's worse, Clint isn't even considered "the world's greatest marksman" anymore. (WTF)
    Got to admit I got to comics quite late really. Into my '20s. But when I happened upon Genis Vell... Man did I enjoy his solo.