Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

I’d prefer an ongoing, out of continuity “Batman and Robin” series, with untold tales of all the teams, including Dick and Damian.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Would you buy this book?

It would be like "Legends of the Dark Knight" but instead feature previously unseen tales of the various Robins.

I don't think we need this title but just randomly thought of it and wanted opinions.
    I would be very interested, but having lived through Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman, I am a bit hesitant in terms of "absolutely." I think the rotating creative teams are a bigger problem for me than rotating characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Since we see what all the Robins do since the very beginning unlike Batman who started in the middle of the story in Golden Age, I'm not sure what they can add. All the Robins were under tutelage by Batman so there's no mystery or secret.

Before they became Robin maybe. Dick's Great Circus of Mystery. Lots of tales can be drawn when traveling. Jason trying to survive in Crime Alley. They can build up some childhood rivals that becomes his villains later. Tale of Tim Stalking? Not very interesting... Damian's life in Al Ghul family, though they kinda did that with Robin Son of Batman.

I'm not counting Steph coz her tale before Robin is already documented.
    I mean...just because we know what was going on with Steph before she became Robin (or Spoiler) doesn't mean there isn't room for more stuff, like Daddy's Little Vigilante in Young Justice Secret Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Honestly, I'd probably just buy the stores featuring Dick. Or Damian. Or the Dick and Damian team. But that's just me.
    Initially, I was very opposed to this idea...except I realized that the only character I would feel COMPELLED to buy would be Steph.

Which is why I think that the best idea for this would be a set creative team - or at least a set writer - who tells stories of all the Robins (including Steph, Carrie, Duke, Riko, Dre, Dax, etc), and mostly makes them standalones, but has threads weaving through all the time periods to make it rewarding for longterm readers. An anthology series like Batman Chronicles or Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman is much less likely to have a strong consistent readership.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Depends on the creative team and story, but considering how many classic tales came out of Legends of the Dark Knight trying to do something similar with the Robins would be a very good and wise idea I think.
    To the utmost, I agree. I'm sure there are plenty of untold tales among the numerous Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I’d prefer an ongoing, out of continuity “Batman and Robin” series, with untold tales of all the teams, including Dick and Damian.
    Agreed. If there's any way to continue Morrison's DickBats & Damian, I would totally support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It could be fun if done in the style of classic comics. I'd also love a Batgirl series set in Barbara's early days so in the present she would be freed to return to the Oracle identity.
    This.

Or anything else with the All the robins.

48 page quarterly with 2 stories ( done in one) would be great.

All the Boy Wonders, please. Obviously some with Dick.

But I want to see some with Jason as Robin. Interacting not only with Bruce and Alfred, but with Discowing (yes, I went there), Babs, and Cass.

I mean, come on! The two are supposed to be nearly the same age, but have barely interacted at all! Hell, she could be his Batgirl, but the two go against crime as brother and sister, rather than the "are they/aren't they" that Dick and Babs had.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    This.

Or anything else with the All the robins.

48 page quarterly with 2 stories ( done in one) would be great.
    Unless they are REALLY satisfying stories, I'd much rather an ongoing with one writer with one story involving all the Robins. I've been tracking anthologies, and they simply don't have the kind of traction that I think they need - or the quality of stories they need to merit more pushing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord