Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Masters of the universe movie going to netflix?

Extraordinary Member

This movie was so miscast. Noah Centineo is a fine actor for playing dreamy romantic leads for movies for teen girls. I don't think he is what anyone envisioned as He-Man.

oh well. if it happens, so be it. no chance for an animated revival? something relatively serious?

Makes sense ... they have She-Ra already going and have been moving for the other related properties for a few years now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Makes sense ... they have She-Ra already going and have been moving for the other related properties for a few years now.
    They also have the Kevin Smith revival on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They also have the Kevin Smith revival on the way.
    Yeah, they do.

That's why it makes sense to me.

Kinda like Disney rounding up all the Marvel IPs, Netflix is rounding up all the He-Man related IPs.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Prince adam is an orphan now?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I can't to hear about all the new ways this production will "ruin" such an amazing and iconic property...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Prince adam is an orphan now?
    Sounds like the CG cartoon where he has no idea about his true heritage until he becomes He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like the CG cartoon where he has no idea about his true heritage until he becomes He-Man.
    I really enjoyed the CG cartoon. I wouldn't mind if they rob some concepts from it. Might be best to grab a new audience.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I really enjoyed the CG cartoon. I wouldn't mind if they rob some concepts from it. Might be best to grab a new audience.
    Well, I hope they don't de-age Man-at-Arms and I'd rather a different take on Cringer, but I wouldn't be surprised if Teela's black.

Seeing rumors that they've approached Ryan Reynolds to voice Cringer and Paul Rudd might be playing Man-At-Arms.

If true, sounds like Cringer will be more cowardly and they're going the more nerdy route with Man-At-Arms like in the new CG kids show. So he'll be older but more of the tech geek.

I do think since they're doing the orphan version of He man, cherry picking the best parts of the MotU concepts from different versions might be cool.

Astonishing Member

I think MOTU is unfilmable. Its just not possible to do it justice on the big screen.

It starts with He-Man. Who could possibly play him? If you go by the 80´s route, there is no actor on this world who has the muscle mass and the acting qualities (even if you don't need to be the best actor for the He-Man part).

Arnold is too old, but he is the only one I could have imagined. Even Stallone was not heavy enough to play that role. There is a reason why Conan was so successful, a lesser body than Arnold and that movie would have tanked.

Showing Orko and Cringer in a way that its not too corny is a heavy task. How can you do it?

Skeletor should be a menace like Darth Vader and playing in the background and not fight by himself when its not necessary.

How can you please all the fans, with their different opinions about the characters behavior, or their origins. My favorite origin of Trap Jaw is from a German cassette for example. Another one likes him like he is in the comics....and so on.

And I don't want to see an young actor in the role. He-Man should be a man, not a boy.

and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I think MOTU is unfilmable. Its just not possible to do it justice on the big screen.

It starts with He-Man. Who could possibly play him? If you go by the 80´s route, there is no actor on this world who has the muscle mass and the acting qualities (even if you don't need to be the best actor for the He-Man part)....
    John Sena could have pulled it off in terms of physique. I'm sure plenty of actors can bulk up for it. Even "First Avenger" Chris Evans would have worked, imo. And considering his powers are based on magic, the audience might be okay with him not being as jacked as the cartoon character. (I mean, all the characters on that show were similarly jacked)

And as for the rest, I see this all the time from fans online for various things, but it's not "unfilmable" - you just can't imagine it. But that's why the professionals get paid big bucks to do it. The things you raise are certainly considerations and challenges, but a lot of those things won't matter if the ultimate product is a good movie. Quality always speaks louder than than the malcontents.