Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

My issue is why should I believe DC will commit to this vision of the Legion in the long term after so many reboots? We never get enough time to warm to a new Legion before they scrap it and start over again. Getting to know the newly tweaked characters over and over again has gotten old.

Retired

Where's the bubbles? I need the bubbles to know what's going on. Could just be a bunch of people cosplaying.

Funnily enough, the colour change that bugs me the most is Chuck's hair. He's just not Bouncing Boy if he doesn't have black hair. It's like if Elongated Man had black instead of red hair, he just wouldn't be Ralph.

Given the strong rumors for what's to come with Superman. It sounds like this Legion run will be in the same boat as the James Tynion Batman run. It'll be around somewhere in the ballpark of a year and a half until G5 rolls in.

Its the Legion, so I'll be reading it from the first issue. But yah it feels a bit temporary. DC has this big wide-ranging structure to their universe right now, all founded on Superman's marriage basically. It all feels temporary.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The art does nothing for me.
    I don't like Bendis' writing.
    So I'm going to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its the Legion, so I'll be reading it from the first issue. But yah it feels a bit temporary. DC has this big wide-ranging structure to their universe right now, all founded on Superman's marriage basically. It all feels temporary.
    Are you suggesting a "dummy" Legion set up to be changed again and soon? I'd throw out terms like paranoid and conspiracy theories, but it does sound as if DC is working up to something big even in comparison to other Crises. It remains on my list of possibilities, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Are you suggesting a "dummy" Legion set up to be changed again and soon? I'd throw out terms like paranoid and conspiracy theories, but it does sound as if DC is working up to something big even in comparison to other Crises. It remains on my list of possibilities, anyway.
    It does make one wonder. Especially with Batman seemingly ready to retire yet again and the ramifications of Doomsday Clock largely unknown.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm the absolute reverse. I find the whole history of the Legion such a headache to even glance at that a clean start is for the best to me. Plus, I find most of the old design ugly.
    Good for you, but if history is any indicator, this will start to tank in about a year and then the classic Legion will be back about two years after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to be excited about this book, but the character designs and my expectations for Bendis just leave me feeling lukewarm about it.

Plus, it's yet another rebooted Legion...

The art doesn't feel as polished to me here. I don't know if it's the coloring or inking, or what.
    The lack of backgrounds on the first few pages kinda turns me off. Makes it look sorta like a webcomic.

I don't really care for another reboot, either.
    And hopefully, this is a book with a planned ending during or around Crisis 2020.
    Why?

Because...
    If it goes past Crisis, and we get a rebooted DC Universe again to accommodate the new timeline and launch 5G...
    If this new series extends beyond that, it has the potential to become the kink in the plans that could break the new continuity.

It is kinda ironic, though...
    We don't get a new Legion or JSA until DC is months away from rebooting again.

Which leads me to speculate that this Legion is going to be temporary.
    Jon is being groomed to return to the present as an adult.
    It's full of fabricated corporate box-ticking.
    DC is about to reboot and reinstate all its history in a timeline.

I suspect that the classic Legion will be back post-Crisis 2020 and a few other characters introduced in the various different versions, like Kid Quantum, XS, and Thorn will be added to the classic team.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I'm the absolute reverse. I find the whole history of the Legion such a headache to even glance at that a clean start is for the best to me. Plus, I find most of the old design ugly.
    Are you sure you read one piece? It has a similar thickness of history. Would like it if that was erased and we got an empty shell?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The lack of backgrounds on the first few pages kinda turns me off. Makes it look sorta like a webcomic.

I don't really care for another reboot, either.
    And hopefully, this is a book with a planned ending during or around Crisis 2020.
    Why?

Because...
    If it goes past Crisis, and we get a rebooted DC Universe again to accommodate the new timeline and launch 5G...
    If this new series extends beyond that, it has the potential to become the kink in the plans that could break the new continuity.

It is kinda ironic, though...
    We don't get a new Legion or JSA until DC is months away from rebooting again.

Which leads me to speculate that this Legion is going to be temporary.
    Jon is being groomed to return to the present as an adult.
    It's full of fabricated corporate box-ticking.
    DC is about to reboot and reinstate all its history in a timeline.

I suspect that the classic Legion will be back post-Crisis 2020 and a few other characters introduced in the various different versions, like Kid Quantum, XS, and Thorn will be added to the classic team.
    I agree with you, and I want the classic Legion back. I am not anti-Bends at all, and am enjoying his Superman run, but his name is not what the Legion needs right now. My fear is this trick will cost Legion's current hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The art looks great, and I can't help but wonder if Bendis is gonna try to make Imra x Superboy a thing.
    To be honest, I am really worried about how he's going to handle the Legion relationships in this book.

I love Bendis so I’m pretty curious. I mentioned in another thread having read an old Legion comic from the 70’s or 80’s where Superman was actually a member as Superboy. That’s tough for me to wrap my head around. That’s my exposure to the Legion though and I didn’t care for it. This new serial looks decent so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Good for you, but if history is any indicator, this will start to tank in about a year and then the classic Legion will be back about two years after that.
    No, it'll be in limbo forever, because outside an ageing cadre of fans, nobody gives a **** to classic Legion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No, it'll be in limbo forever, because outside an ageing cadre of fans, nobody gives a **** to classic Legion.
    Nobody gives a **** about legion period.the chances of this succeeding is less. We have had 3 or 4 reboots already. Everytime they divorced the legion from superboy(the original one) and established lore, it tanked. It was the best during precrisis. It has never touched that kind of success and probably never will because of the mindset of the idiots at dc. crisis on infinite universe the most dumbest decision in dc history. Legion and superboy both got butchered.