Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Legion of Super Heroes #1 preview

Extraordinary Member

I'm trying to be open-minded but some of these revisions will be a real struggle. TimberWolf just looks off. I'm not sure what's going on with Blok, Projectra, Dream Girl, Phantom Girl, and some of the others.

Then again, maybe I'm not open-minded. Maybe I just want my Legion back.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm trying to be open-minded but some of these revisions will be a real struggle. TimberWolf just looks off. I'm not sure what's going on with Blok, Projectra, Dream Girl, Phantom Girl, and some of the others.

Then again, maybe I'm not open-minded. Maybe I just want my Legion back.
    Bring back the REAL Legion

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Bring back the REAL Legion
    Agreed! I don't like the art and designs with this preview.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

After months of only seeing group shots of the team, I'm ready to see how they're actually written. (that brief appearance in Superman was not the best)

I love that blonde girl's "I want to speak with the manager" haircut.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Extraordinary Member

Ryan Sook's art is always a treat. I'd even be open to the character designs...if it didn't come with the whole erasure of the classic Legion aspect. I have a feeling this is doomed before it really begins...

I want to be excited about this book, but the character designs and my expectations for Bendis just leave me feeling lukewarm about it.

Plus, it's yet another rebooted Legion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Ryan Sook's art is always a treat. I'd even be open to the character designs...if it didn't come with the whole erasure of the classic Legion aspect. I have a feeling this is doomed before it really begins...
    The art doesn't feel as polished to me here. I don't know if it's the coloring or inking, or what.

Before Bendis came in, I was interested in the Legion at least a bit. Since, I have NO interest in it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to be excited about this book, but the character designs and my expectations for Bendis just leave me feeling lukewarm about it.

Plus, it's yet another rebooted Legion...
    I feel the same way.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am going to pass. As much as I love the Legion I just can't get on board with Bendisboot. One of the main draws of the Legion is its rich and long history, and Bendis just chucked all that out the window. Waid did the same thing and his reboot died a slow sad death just like I predict this one will. Fans of the Legion are a loyal bunch is you respect the history, but when you don't we turn on you pretty fast. Bendis fans will eat it up because they always eat up what he puts out be it good or bad, but I have no idea what non Benids fans will think of this book. I know going by reading a lot of Bendis previous team books that they are not his strength.

All-New Member

The art is beautiful.
    Too bad it’s wasted on this absolutely sure to fail in under 5 years tops version of The Legion.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The Legion by nature is always going to have continuity issues. It just kind of sucks that for this new team to exist they literally erased the old one.

The art looks great, and I can't help but wonder if Bendis is gonna try to make Imra x Superboy a thing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am going to pass. As much as I love the Legion I just can't get on board with Bendisboot. One of the main draws of the Legion is its rich and long history, and Bendis just chucked all that out the window. Waid did the same thing and his reboot died a slow sad death just like I predict this one will. Fans of the Legion are a loyal bunch is you respect the history, but when you don't we turn on you pretty fast. Bendis fans will eat it up because they always eat up what he puts out be it good or bad, but I have no idea what non Benids fans will think of this book. I know going by reading a lot of Bendis previous team books that they are not his strength.
    I'm the absolute reverse. I find the whole history of the Legion such a headache to even glance at that a clean start is for the best to me. Plus, I find most of the old design ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Before Bendis came in, I was interested in the Legion at least a bit. Since, I have NO interest in it.
    Ditto. Give us back the LSH.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.