Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Agree with this.

It still amazes me how much I disliked Levitz's last go-round with LSH. It just didn't have the magic of his 80s run.
    Levitz, though, was best when he collaberated with good artists --especially if they could help with plots idea. His runs with Giffen and Lightle were great. His run with Laroque was okay, but not up to the excellence of the earlier stories. His last round was really lacking in creativity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I never thought of it that way before, and I liked Legion of Three Worlds.
    Oh, it definitely turned into more of a dead Teen Titans come back -- with little movement forward for the Legionnaires. And Superboy-Prime really just became a boring character that Geoff seemed to love writing. Seemed a waste of Perez's work -- even though he's a master of multiple characters -- it was just too much -- similar to the Avengers/JLA crossover.

Astonishing Member

The best writers take what's there -- and make it work. They can introduce new characters and discard others, but they shouldn't have to reinvent established characters. Bendis had to realize he would be alienating Legion fans in order to appeal to new readers. Not sure that strategy will work in this age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Levitz, though, was best when he collaberated with good artists --especially if they could help with plots idea. His runs with Giffen and Lightle were great. His run with Laroque was okay, but not up to the excellence of the earlier stories. His last round was really lacking in creativity.
    You're definitely right about that. Levitz's writing was pretty dull when he came back to the Legion around #284. Giffen came on full time as the artist on issue #287. There was an immediate improvement in the quality of the story and dialogue by the time The Great Darkness Saga began in #291. Giffen made all the difference in the world to Levitz's scripts.

Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    No, what fans want are new, exciting stories and directions, but told with the characters we know and love like the Hickman X-Men relaunch.
    You just described the last two series of the Legion.
    DRINK!

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn’t describe the New 52 series as exciting or fresh

Fantastic Member

WOW
    After 6 years there is a new Legion book on the shelves, and nobody talked about it yet....

Well done DC.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    WOW
    After 6 years there is a new Legion book on the shelves, and nobody talked about it yet....

Well done DC.
    Its close ties to Superman historically is probably why the discussion of this book is over on the Superman boards. So while the buzz isn't big, there is discussion.

Blok looks like Gumby. The Bendis dialogue is still tough to take. I dropped the Avengers for years because of his dialogue. I can't even believe I bought something Bendis wrote. Only Because it was the Legion. Please keep him away from the JSA.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Page after page after page of Bendis-speak where everyone is talking, but no one is actually saying anything important. This is Bendis-speak turned up to 11, and jesus it is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Page after page after page of Bendis-speak where everyone is talking, but no one is actually saying anything important. This is Bendis-speak turned up to 11, and jesus it is bad.
    You can interchange the word bubbles for each character because they all have the same personality. Bendis just cannot write multiple characters. The art work was very nice. The more I look at Blok The more I’m starting to like him. I’m not dropping it yet. I hung in with the Avengers until I couldn’t take every character being a smart ass anymore then I dropped it until Bendis was finally off of the book.

Little tidbit I just found out : the fritchman tag of Superboy actually states that his powers Super-everything. And I find it hilarious XD !

So far, i'm really digging this LoSH, and I can't wait to read more about them.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Little tidbit I just found out : the fritchman tag of Superboy actually states that his powers Super-everything. And I find it hilarious XD !

So far, i'm really digging this LoSH, and I can't wait to read more about them.
    You seriously read it in reverse? Wow! That's very impressive. I just ignored it. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You seriously read it in reverse? Wow! That's very impressive. I just ignored it. Thanks for the heads up.
    I used a mirror, and it worked just fine !

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I used a mirror, and it worked just fine !
    Lol! That works too. Why didn't i think of that?