Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Legion of Super Heroes #1 preview

Extraordinary Member

I'm trying to be open-minded but some of these revisions will be a real struggle. TimberWolf just looks off. I'm not sure what's going on with Blok, Projectra, Dream Girl, Phantom Girl, and some of the others.

Then again, maybe I'm not open-minded. Maybe I just want my Legion back.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm trying to be open-minded but some of these revisions will be a real struggle. TimberWolf just looks off. I'm not sure what's going on with Blok, Projectra, Dream Girl, Phantom Girl, and some of the others.

Then again, maybe I'm not open-minded. Maybe I just want my Legion back.
    Bring back the REAL Legion

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Bring back the REAL Legion
    Agreed! I don't like the art and designs with this preview.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

After months of only seeing group shots of the team, I'm ready to see how they're actually written. (that brief appearance in Superman was not the best)

I love that blonde girl's "I want to speak with the manager" haircut.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I rather like the art. Some of the costumes are quite good. A few are dreadful. See: Saturn Girl.
    My biggest problem is, by issue 1 we were 3 in, and at the last page knew nothing.
    Via InstaGram, I found out from Sook that the boy with the tail, on Gim’s shoulder in the group shot, is Monster Boy. We actually see him in action in #2.
    I asked about “Green Corpse-Girl,” and was told she’s a secret for now. Apparently she’s “Soultaker,” introduced in the Watchmen event, tho this isn’t borne out in an issue yet. Some things seem different just to be different, rather than as an improvement. In two issues there is almost no story and very little in the way of character development. I understand the reason for the re-boot: the Legion wasn’t selling, maybe ugly retro-costumes were a part of the problem. It just seems 31 Legionnaires are going to get in the way of telling much of a character-driven story in a single book. We’ll see.
    Last edited by 0nt1r; 01-04-2020 at 10:39 PM.