Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Violet, will Bendis revisit the romantic relationship she had with Lightning Lass?
    I'd noticed that they weren't standing near each other in the various group shots to suggest a 'couple-y' vibe, but almost none of the traditional Legion couples (Mon-El/Shady, Ultra Boy/Phantom Girl, Drake/Dawny, Dreamy/Star Boy, Projectra/Karate Kid, Bouncing Boy/Triplicate Girl) seem to be near each other, and even Garth and Imra are only near each other because they are always clustered at the center with Cosmic Boy.

It is interesting that both of them got racebent, making it an amusing coincidence if the two black lady Legionnaires also happen to be the two gay Legionnaires. "It's a diversity double-whammy!", as Mallory Archer would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd noticed that they weren't standing near each other in the various group shots to suggest a 'couple-y' vibe, but almost none of the traditional Legion couples (Mon-El/Shady, Ultra Boy/Phantom Girl, Drake/Dawny, Dreamy/Star Boy, Projectra/Karate Kid, Bouncing Boy/Triplicate Girl) seem to be near each other, and even Garth and Imra are only near each other because they are always clustered at the center with Cosmic Boy.

It is interesting that both of them got racebent, making it an amusing coincidence if the two black lady Legionnaires also happen to be the two gay Legionnaires. "It's a diversity double-whammy!", as Mallory Archer would say.
    I've been wondering how Bendis would handle established Legion relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "It's not the same characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine we'll have a lot of "fluid" relationships.

Peace

I'm still calling Jon x Saturn Girl. I have a knack for these things 'cause shipping is, like, 90% of what I do :P, and it feels like Bendis is setting them up together. He's put way too much emphasis on Imra poking into Jon's mind repeatedly since the start and the art really plays them up together.

I do hope Dream and Star are still together, but she's always with Mon in almost every scene. Seems deliberate.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 12-18-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

No comments on how they made Lightning Lad Black--which would be fine--if there weren't already several Black characters who also have Lightning Powers...

On the bright side... Earth-1985 may still have the original Legion in their future.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'm not so much disappointed in the revamps of so many characters, but when the Legion is focusing on Jon Kent (OK there), Damian Wayne (WTF?), and Rose and the Thorn? And the first arc focusing on Aquaman's trident? It's like I'm reading an issue of Teen Titans or Super-Sons. If I wanted to be reading that stuff, I'd buy those books.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm still calling Jon x Saturn Girl. I have a knack for these things 'cause shipping is, like, 90% of what I do :P, and it feels like Bendis is setting them up together. He's put way too much emphasis on Imra poking into Jon's mind repeatedly since the start and the art really plays them up together.

I do hope Dream and Star are still together, but she's always with Mon in almost every scene. Seems deliberate.
    Is Imra his Jean Grey stand-in...?

I dunno. Jon and Imra feels too fanfic-y compared to simply pairing her with Lighting Lad again. He'd get interracial romance bonus points with it now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

That would be wierd and gross. That's his dad's childhood friend. Imra is like an aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That would be wierd and gross. That's his dad's childhood friend. Imra is like an aunt.
    Weird and gross describe it. Who knows how long it's been for the Legion between Kal's membership there and Jon's. Does Kal still pop up there?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Weird and gross describe it. Who knows how long it's been for the Legion between Kal's membership there and Jon's. Does Kal still pop up there?
    When has that ever stopped any relationship in the comicbook industry? Lol.

Not to mention that this is technically a new iteration of the Legion, but somehow still share history with Clark thanks to spoilers:
    Doomsday Clock #12.
    end of spoilers

And it's very clear that Bendis seemed to age everyone down. Tons of the other iterations of the Legion had them visibly older than they are now.

Doomsday Clock is supposed to take place in the future so I guess they could have aged a bit by then. (and also added Soultaker to the team - I guess at some point after Aquaman's trident, they're going to go looking for Katana's ... katana)

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping for totally new relationships allowing for some shipping but also mainly for the characters to find themselves within the story as he writes it and then for whatever story circumstances situate the dynamics and allow for flirty dialogue, transforming into something fun. Like I'd rather not Bendis have a checkmark on a calendar for "and this is the issue where I RESTORE THE CLASSIC relationship between Imra and Garth!" and have to move plot and earth to get to that point.

Like they're clearly a New Iteration of the Legion in a post-Rebirth timeline. And even though we'll probably need a Legion of Four Worlds mini-series in the next Crisis to make sense of where the missing characters we miss have got to, just treat this one like a new thing.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm hoping for totally new relationships allowing for some shipping but also mainly for the characters to find themselves within the story as he writes it and then for whatever story circumstances situate the dynamics and allow for flirty dialogue, transforming into something fun. Like I'd rather not Bendis have a checkmark on a calendar for "and this is the issue where I RESTORE THE CLASSIC relationship between Imra and Garth!" and have to move plot and earth to get to that point.
    I think it would just mess up franchise cohesiveness and the history of the Legion even more if he just starts randomly pairing members together, but that's just me.