Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Funny enough, over on instagram someone commented "Hi Mr. Bendis. I LOVE your legion stories and could not wait for what comes next. I do have one question though: are you trying to ship Saturn Girl and Jon Kent? I can totally see them being a couple lol. What do you think?"

And he replied "you may feel differently at the end of issue three. Stay tuned :-)"

Sounds like regardless of what goes down, we're likely going to get some info on either Saturn Girl's or Jon's sexuality that renders the likelihood of the two of them being together very small. Or she's already in a relationship, or either are interested in someone else.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6UEOcGpLKo/
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    2 - Doomsday Clock showed "Soultaker" - someone who seems to have Katana's sword. We haven't seen her in the background somewhere have we or is she a one-and-done Legionnaire that Bendis won't use?
    I was curious about this too. Have we seen this character in the background anywhere in Bendis’ issues? Seems like a very blatant call-out if there really are no plans for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Funny enough, over on instagram someone commented "Hi Mr. Bendis. I LOVE your legion stories and could not wait for what comes next. I do have one question though: are you trying to ship Saturn Girl and Jon Kent? I can totally see them being a couple lol. What do you think?"

And he replied "you may feel differently at the end of issue three. Stay tuned :-)"

Sounds like regardless of what goes down, we're likely going to get some info on either Saturn Girl's or Jon's sexuality that renders the likelihood of the two of them being together very small. Or she's already in a relationship, or either are interested in someone else.

It's probably too much to hope for Imra and Garth to already be together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh, it's a whole new Garth and Imra -- so I don't really care. I mean, despite the names -- this Legion bares little similarity to past Legions. Bendis will really have to sell me on it within the next few issues for me to stick around.

Can we talk about #2 here? I really found the dialogue to be pointless; I have no idea where the story is going.and those little name tags on the legionnaires offer no clue as to who’s who.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hate shipping nonsense. I don't read jon kent books for relationship drama. I want to see the kid grow and be a badass hero.i want more focus on jon's adventures and action than stupid relationship drama. I am already sick of it with superman.Jon's adventures are not being elaborated to have an impact. Jon was stuck in a volcano with ultraman on an earth where evil is the norm. It is his 'island', if we are taking green arrow parallels where jon had to grow up. That seems to have been fairly forgotten. I hope we see more of jon on that earth in flashbacks. I want some training sessions to be in the legion book.Those are things i am looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Eh, it's a whole new Garth and Imra -- so I don't really care. I mean, despite the names -- this Legion bares little similarity to past Legions. Bendis will really have to sell me on it within the next few issues for me to stick around.
    I dunno. As many times as the Legion's been rebooted it's felt like, to me, they at least tried to keep the major relationships/romances consistent between each reboot for the most part.

Sounds like that’s going to happen. Looks like I was wrong about Superboy x Saturn Girl.

I'm thinking Superboy x Brainiac 5 is super likely given all their interactions so far. Plus, it works as a Ultimate style 'remix' of Supergirl x Brainiac 5. But thematically Superboy x Ultra Boy seems more likely, I guess.

Also...just gonna throw this out there: "I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was a kid" or something like it is the dialog for this panel from the infamous issue 3(https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cDovL3d3...9yb2Jpbi5qcGc=) Betting Saturn Girl is the one who put him to sleep.

Bendis did say that he was ready to take a beating from fans for the relationships he planned to explore in this book
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm thinking Superboy x Brainiac 5 is super likely given all their interactions so far. Plus, it works as a Ultimate style 'remix' of Supergirl x Brainiac 5. But thematically Superboy x Ultra Boy seems more likely, I guess.

Also...just gonna throw this out there: "I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was a kid" or something like it is the dialog for this panel from the infamous issue 3(https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cDovL3d3...9yb2Jpbi5qcGc=) Betting Saturn Girl is the one who put him to sleep.

Bendis did say that he was ready to take a beating from fans for the relationships he planned to explore in this book
    Superboy x Brainiac 5 just makes me think of the Legion cartoon.

Asleep Damian means no weird teen speak Damian .

I mean, I would imagine Bendis was prepared to take a lot of heat the moment he started making some big changes to the property, so the relationships is just another notch on a list of things he's changed (or is changing).

Superboy x Brainiac 5 just makes me think of the Legion cartoon.
    Lol I know right. The one episode that opens with Brainiac 5 in a role plying simulation where he gets to die in Superman's arms in particular.

I mean, I would imagine Bendis was prepared to take a lot of heat the moment he started making some big changes to the property, so the relationships is just another notch on a list of things he's changed (or is changing).
    Agreed, but since on top of changes the looks and stuff like that, I imagine changing who's hooking up with who is likely the next biggest thing. Add on the idea that sexual orientations are possibly getting changed, and he's likely braced for "this isn't the character I know" to "f%&king SJW Bendis destroying my characters".

I personally have my reservations for the whole thing as it may possibly pertain to Jon depending on how Bendis wants to go about this. But, conceptually at least, a future where sexual fluidity is the norm is a reasonable take especially when we're talking 1,000 years from now. But in my opinion, the key to the idea would be fluidity rather than just saying "he likes boys now" or "she likes girls now". That way you can at least keep the door open for classic hook ups. So it'd be like, yeah, Irma Shadow Lass were a thing, but she's feeling Lighting Lad these days. Or even something like Jo and Phantom Girl not working, but him and Mon-El giving it a go. I think that's fair and keeps things open for possibility in any direction. And think this should apply to Jon too if he's to be our man of tomorrow coming from an extended stay in tomorrow.

Agreed, but since on top of changes the looks and stuff like that, I imagine changing who's hooking up with who is likely the next biggest thing. Add on the idea that sexual orientations are possibly getting changed, and he's likely braced for "this isn't the character I know" to "f%&king SJW Bendis destroying my characters".

I personally have my reservations for the whole thing as it may possibly pertain to Jon depending on how Bendis wants to go about this. But, conceptually at least, a future where sexual fluidity is the norm is a reasonable take especially when we're talking 1,000 years from now. But in my opinion, the key to the idea would be fluidity rather than just saying "he likes boys now" or "she likes girls now". That way you can at least keep the door open for classic hook ups. So it'd be like, yeah, Irma Shadow Lass were a thing, but she's feeling Lighting Lad these days. Or even something like Jo and Phantom Girl not working, but him and Mon-El giving it a go. I think that's fair and keeps things open for possibility in any direction. And think this should apply to Jon too if he's to be our man of tomorrow coming from an extended stay in tomorrow.
    I can see why he would want to play with future sexuality from a writing standpoint, but given he already has enough going on, addressing future sexuality with the kind of depth it deserves could be a pretty big issue.

And, yeah, that's not getting into the possibility it might really interfere with established Legion relationships.

I can see why he would want to play with future sexuality from a writing standpoint, but given he already has enough going on, addressing future sexuality with the kind of depth it deserves could be a pretty big issue.

And, yeah, that's not getting into the possibility it might really interfere with established Legion relationships.
    I mean, not really in functional sense. All a writer has to do is write the interpersonal relationships out. You show those variations in real time or in the background of the characters.

Don't make it an actual history lesson. Just casually make it part of how relationships work on this team and you'd be more than fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hate shipping nonsense. I don't read jon kent books for relationship drama. I want to see the kid grow and be a badass hero.i want more focus on jon's adventures and action than stupid relationship drama. I am already sick of it with superman.
    I don't mind it to a degree, but prefer when it happens organically in a story. I'm certainly not waiting with bated breath to see who gets with whom. On the other hand, I recall that old Mordru story by Jim Shooter -- and how Duo Damsel had an unrequited crush on Superboy. It was really a nice character moment.

I mean, not really in functional sense. All a writer has to do is write the interpersonal relationships out. You show those variations in real time or in the background of the characters.

Don't make it an actual history lesson. Just casually make it part of how relationships work on this team and you'd be more than fine.
    I'm not saying it needs a history lesson, but I think it needs to be addressed in more clearer and direct terms then that if it's going to be a major factor.

But that's just me.