Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Characters you love....

Last year I started a thread where I asked people to name the characters they hate and why. Well I decided this time around to go more positive. I want to know the characters you love and why.

For me Hawkeye was always my favorite. But over the last year or so after reading Amazing Spiderman and other Spiderman tittle he has become my favorite. I love Spiderman and he has taken the top spot in my list of characters that I love His stories always entertain me and I have yet to read a story that I have not liked. I like some less then others but none I outright dislike. He has a great supporting cast, the best in all of comics and his villains are top notch. He was the first Marvel hero I was exposed even if it did take me awhile to get back to him.

I will also give honorable mentions to Hawkeye, Captain America and The Falcon.

So who do you love and why?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Richard Rider Nova - Just a great character. Annihilation made him the face of Marvel Cosmic for me, and DNAs run is one of my all time favourites. They made it seem like he was upper tier but still out of his depth, too. He was “this” close to becoming an A-Lister, imo. But the past few years for some reason took that away. Here’s hoping Ewing can bring back the same buzz I had back then.

Always loved Daredevil - arguably the most interesting character in all Marvel for me. A catholic who dresses like the devil, who’s father was a boxer and mother a sister? Even if this wasn’t superheroes, the character itself would be fantastic to analyse. Some of the best run on all comics have been on DD, and that’s testament to his character.

Kitty Pryde is my favorite comic character, and possibly my favorite character in fiction. Part of my love for her stems from how noticeable her growth was. Looking at her debut in Claremont's run, all the way up to her portrayal in Whedon's run, you can see exactly how she got to the point that she's currently at. I'd argue that she's had the best character arc out of all the characters in Marvel.

I also grew to really like Gwenpool. I thought she'd just be a Deadpool knockoff, but in Unbelievable Gwenpool, she actually comes across as a pretty nuanced character with an interesting story and set of powers.

Dwayne Taylor

Invisible Woman because of the amount of growth the character has had and the she has tons of untapped potential.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

My favorite Marvel characters are Spider-Man and Doctor Doom.

I also love -- Mary Jane Watson, J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Urich, Valeria Richards, Captain America, Storm, Jean Grey, Magneto, T'Challa, Kate Bishop, Thor Odinson, Jane Foster, Gorr the God Butcher, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Boomerang, Lady Beetle.

Spider-Man (Peter and Miles)

Scarlet Spider (Ben and Kaine)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Black Cat

Misty Knight

Colleen Wing

Cyclops

Silk

Invisible Woman
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

While I am well aware of being in the minority here, for me my favourite Marvel character will always be The Sentry. A lot of it is due to having suffered similar problems (which is why I always wince when comics go the "mental illness = dangerous" route).
    For villains, my favourite is easily Bullseye. I am always immensely entertained by him.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man. My second favourite comic book hero of all time behind only Batman. He'll always be THE Marvel character to me. The Marvel character I love the most.

Daredevil mainly from the Marvel Netflix show particularly S1 and S3. I rate those as the best live-action Marvel's ever done period.

Steve Rogers. I find him inspiring and also comforting.

Rogue = Sassy, fun, deep and meaningful.

Honorable Mentions; Rockslide, Pixie, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Sunfire, Namor, Hulk, Ant Man, Wasp, Ghost, Satanna, Captain America, Moonstone, Green Goblin, Venom, Gambit, Silver Surfer, Troll, Beast, Storm, Colossus, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Spiderman, Magik, Nightcrawler, Electra, Trance, Hellion, Mercury, Anole, Finesse, Veil, Striker, Hazmat, Hulk, Mettle, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Ares, Archangel, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Selene, Venus, M-11, ROM, The Uranian, Gorilla-Man, Enchantress, Havok, Dazzler, Korvus Glaive, Black Swan, Super Giant, Ebony Maw, Hela, Warriors Three, Crescent and Io, Silk, Magma, Cable, Alpha Flight, Danger, Unit, Wolfsbane, Tarot, Dust, Wallflower, Blindfold, Match, Indra, Broo, Spiral, Ladies Mastermind, Deathstrike and Bullseye, Vertigo, Darkstar, Ursa Major, X-23, Cullen Bloodstone, Anachronism, Shi'ar Imperial Guard, Starjammers, Vision, Hercules, Rocket, Starlord, Groot, Juggernaut.......

Oh and The Serpent Society, Sentry, Nova (Both), Justice.....
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 10-15-2019 at 01:35 PM. Reason: adds

The Runaways are precious to me.

A good number of Thunderbolts: Songbird, Moonstone, Troll...

The Academy X kids.

Weirdly, Norman Osborn.

Jennifer Kale, though more for her potential than actual content.

Captain America. Deadpool. Hawkeye. Winter Soldier. Iceman. Gambit. Cyclops. Daredevil.

And a whole bunch more.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My favorite is Doom of course.

Others I like are: the new character Lady Victorious, Namor and the Doombot in Runaways.

There's some other characters I used to like but the way they are currently written, I just can't read them. That would be She Hulk for one. Another is Valeria Richards...she just doesn't have that same charm as when she was smaller.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Baby Thanos
    Ant-man (Scott Lang)
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Captain Marvel
    Black Cat
    Galactus
    Silver Surfer
    Venom
    Mysterio
    Baby Thanos