Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Most Useless spider character

We all now that Peter Parker will forever be the one and only Amazing Spider-Man, but there are a ton of other spider characters that have his same abilities. I want to know what Spider-Men or women could disappear tomorrow and people wouldn’t miss.

In my opinion, Anya, Julia, and Ben are forgettable and unimportant in today’s age.

Unfortunately, anyone not called Peter, Miles, and Gwen is unimportant right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Silk. Silk. Oh yeah, Silk.

Her future depends on that of Agents of Atlas at this point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Well this is a horrible topic...

Unhappy

At this point, I'd say either Silk or Ren Reilly (regrettably). Silk never caught on as a character. Ben's place, as the other "good" Spider-Man, of present 616 has pretty much been usurped by Miles.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

iMan 42s

Silk.

She's honestly an interesting idea in an awkward spot. A lot of her uselessness though stems from the fact that her relevance was to an event that banked on nostalgia and she was too recent to share in it. She had to basically step up during what is effectively her debut. There's also the issue that the "bride" hadn't been expounded upon or if it has it had about as much impact as a silent fart in an empty room. So her relevancy to the main book is practically arbitrary. Then during her debut she was overshadowed by Spider-Gwen which competed and ultimately beat her out of relevancy further. Spider-Gwen was the big takeaway and got to be a main player on film whereas we might have had Cindy cameo in Homecoming.

Cindy Moon also suffered under her creator not having the greatest ability to write her but she also suffered for being tacked on to the origin story and it's ultimately derivative of spider-man's. What happened after is surely not, but it shouldn't take anymore than a sentence to explain where she came from which makes the whole thing more than a little convoluted. Said story also relied on material the fanbase by in large rejected despite its utility later.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=SuperiorIronman;4629818]Silk.

She's honestly an interesting idea in an awkward spot. A lot of her uselessness though stems from the fact that her relevance was to an event that banked on nostalgia and she was too recent to share in it. She had to basically step up during what is effectively her debut. There's also the issue that the "bride" hadn't been expounded upon or if it has it had about as much impact as a silent fart in an empty room. So her relevancy to the main book is practically arbitrary. Then during her debut she was overshadowed by Spider-Gwen which competed and ultimately beat her out of relevancy further. Spider-Gwen was the big takeaway and got to be a main player on film whereas we might have had Cindy cameo in Homecoming.

Cindy Moon also suffered under her creator not having the greatest ability to write her but she also suffered for being tacked on to the origin story and it's ultimately derivative of spider-man's. What happened after is surely not, but it shouldn't take anymore than a sentence to explain where she came from which makes the whole thing more than a little convoluted. Said story also relied on material the fanbase by in large rejected despite its utility later.[/QUOTE
    The best thing I can say about Silk is she is not quite as useless as Hello Kitty. But of all the "Parker Women" she was the worst, and got me to stop even caring about Spider-Man until Slott left the bookm

BANNED

I wonder how long it will be before 'spiderling' joins the pile.

BANNED

As a whole, I already think everyone not named Peter Parker is pretty useless, and none of the other spiders have really proved me wrong for thinking so.
    But if I had to say SpOck and Miles certainly for the bill, Miles really brings nothing other than being the black Spider-Man, and SpOck's gimmick wore thin after 6 issues and by then he was just a placeholder until Peter got back.
    I'd say the Spiderverse movie is what keeps Miles from being completely useless, which says a lot considering that released last year and he's been around almost a decade by this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    As a whole, I already think everyone not named Peter Parker is pretty useless, and none of the other spiders have really proved me wrong for thinking so.
    But if I had to say SpOck and Miles certainly for the bill, Miles really brings nothing other than being the black Spider-Man, and SpOck's gimmick wore thin after 6 issues and by then he was just a placeholder until Peter got back.
    I'd say the Spiderverse movie is what keeps Miles from being completely useless, which says a lot considering that released last year and he's been around almost a decade by this point.
    I really disagree: One thing that makes Spider-Man work is the supporting cast: MJ & JJJ for example..They are anything but useless. Certain failed 'Parker Women' like Cindy, Glory Grant and Carlie are useless as are second rate villains like Trapster, Kangaroo and Ox. As for Miles he plays an important role: A TEENAGE Spider-Man, so Pete can be shown as an adult ( instead if a teen or worse: A man-child).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-16-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    "Amazing. Every word that you just said was wrong."