Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Most Useless spider character

We all now that Peter Parker will forever be the one and only Amazing Spider-Man, but there are a ton of other spider characters that have his same abilities. I want to know what Spider-Men or women could disappear tomorrow and people wouldn’t miss.

In my opinion, Anya, Julia, and Ben are forgettable and unimportant in today’s age.

Unfortunately, anyone not called Peter, Miles, and Gwen is unimportant right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Silk. Silk. Oh yeah, Silk.

Her future depends on that of Agents of Atlas at this point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Well this is a horrible topic...

Unhappy

At this point, I'd say either Silk or Ren Reilly (regrettably). Silk never caught on as a character. Ben's place, as the other "good" Spider-Man, of present 616 has pretty much been usurped by Miles.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

iMan 42s

Silk.

She's honestly an interesting idea in an awkward spot. A lot of her uselessness though stems from the fact that her relevance was to an event that banked on nostalgia and she was too recent to share in it. She had to basically step up during what is effectively her debut. There's also the issue that the "bride" hadn't been expounded upon or if it has it had about as much impact as a silent fart in an empty room. So her relevancy to the main book is practically arbitrary. Then during her debut she was overshadowed by Spider-Gwen which competed and ultimately beat her out of relevancy further. Spider-Gwen was the big takeaway and got to be a main player on film whereas we might have had Cindy cameo in Homecoming.

Cindy Moon also suffered under her creator not having the greatest ability to write her but she also suffered for being tacked on to the origin story and it's ultimately derivative of spider-man's. What happened after is surely not, but it shouldn't take anymore than a sentence to explain where she came from which makes the whole thing more than a little convoluted. Said story also relied on material the fanbase by in large rejected despite its utility later.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    At this point, I'd say either Silk or Ren Reilly (regrettably). Silk never caught on as a character. Ben's place, as the other "good" Spider-Man, of present 616 has pretty much been usurped by Miles.
    Kaine also had that "Anti-Hero" Spider niche carved out for a while before SpiderOck kind of hijacked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, anyone not called Peter, Miles, and Gwen is unimportant right now.
    I think this is the unfortunate truth. Kind of comes down to how interested the current writing team/editorial is in the character being used to see them get any real shine. Like I know Stephen Wacker was apparently a big advocate for Anya which you could see in her transition into becoming Spider-Girl (and her current use in the cartoon.)
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Amazing Member

I want know what is a "usefull" character before I answer the OP question.

Carlie Cooper
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

“Useful” is someone that adds depth, importance, and value to the spiderman mythos. Someone that would be largely missed if they were gone. For example, flash was a useful character but someone like Debrah Whitman is someone that is largely useless

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    “Useful” is someone that adds depth, importance, and value to the spiderman mythos. Someone that would be largely missed if they were gone. For example, flash was a useful character but someone like Debrah Whitman is someone that is largely useless
    There are many many characters that fit that description and I don’t think that we’d agree about all of them.

I guess all those various versions of Spider-Man who only existed to be killed during Spider-Verse.

And Aunt May

Any character other then Peter on the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon, unless they are writing down Spidey to where he needs their help.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Carlie Cooper
    Ding, ding, we have a winner.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."