Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't get why people have such high standards for what counts as canon when it comes to the MCU.

Marvel went like 30 years without mentioning Crystar, for example, but that didn't make the Saga of Crystar non-canon.
    Well, it's more that except for Agent Carter, the movies have never acknowledged the TV series in any way. If you only watched the movies, you would assume Agent Coulson died in Avengers.

The people making the shows clearly wanted them to be part of the MCU and cross over with the movies the way the Disney+ shows are going to do, but Feige clearly didn't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, it's more that except for Agent Carter, the movies have never acknowledged the TV series in any way. If you only watched the movies, you would assume Agent Coulson died in Avengers.
    So? If you only read X-Men and Doctor Strange, you'd never know they teamed up with Crystar in his book. Still happened. Still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think Feige will just ignore AoS the way he's ignored it all along. They don't have to officially say that it's non-canon, but it clearly is at this point.
    Yeah, the last aired season made a continuity breaking mistake. They did a one year timeskip, so it would be set after Avengers Endgame... trouble is, they didn't know the film included a FIVE YEAR timeskip. The result is that it's no longer possible for AOS to be set on Earth-199999.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the last aired season made a continuity breaking mistake. They did a one year timeskip, so it would be set after Avengers Endgame... trouble is, they didn't know the film included a FIVE YEAR timeskip. The result is that it's no longer possible for AOS to be set on Earth-199999.
    And yet, it is nonetheless.

Much like how Earth-616 operates.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wonder if they're replacing him with someone to keep Marvel Television still with a ''leader'' (who will be supervised by Feige this time around), or if they're just shutting down that part of the company as we know it and turning it into something new within Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    -Helstrom

Yeah, I think this series is only getting a pilot and nothing else. If so, one season and that's it.
    I don't know. I don't think the show's production would've been greenlit if they knew Feige was just ending all of Marvel TV's work. The fact that they went as far as casting and are already shooting it is indicative that Marvel Studios let that happen, otherwise it would've been much easier to just cancel the show like they did with Ghost Rider. I think it's possible that Helstrom might be the first Marvel Television production that it's officially supervised by Marvel Studios.

So they're going to keep Jessica, but not Luke?
    If this rumor is true (and I hope it is), I wouldn't say that the fact that they want to use these two specific characters mean they won't be using the others. Maybe they just feel like Jess and Matt fit better into whatever they plan on doing in upcoming productions. Like, maybe they need Matt to be Peter's lawyer on SM 3, or maybe they need Jess to be a supporting character for the Young Avengers like in the comics, who have been rumored to appear in the MCU for a while now. Maybe they just haven't gotten into plans to use the other Netflix characters yet. I mean, if they call Cox and Ritter to reprise their roles, I think that would make it even more likely for the other actors to return as well, since that would set a precedent.

Or it could just be an availability thing. I know Mike Colter is currently one of the main actors on a new CBS show, so that probably makes him busy right now.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-23-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    And yet, it is nonetheless.

Much like how Earth-616 operates.
    If AOS has become an AU, it's just not received a new reality number yet. And if it and the other previous shows do get retconned out of the MCU, they will be needing a new reality number assigned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All I'm saying is that irreconcilable timeline issues usually don't force a creation of a new AU.