Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cleaning house?

He completely screwed up the cartoons but he at least seemed to have done a good job on the TV side for the most part, so I guess it's too bad he couldn't keep that up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He completely screwed up the cartoons but he at least seemed to have done a good job on the TV side for the most part, so I guess it's too bad he couldn't keep that up.
    In both animation and film, you could say it was a mixed bag with Loeb.

I have to imagine Feige has been watching Loeb from the sidelines, thinking what he would do if he were in charge of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, Iron Fist, and so on.

Loeb has had some success with these properties but I don't think too many would argue that he didn't really lock into their full potential.

There's no way that Feige didn't want to eventually get his hands on these characters and do them his own way.

I expect that the Netflix shows and AoS will be regarded as an alt universe eventually.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness acknowledges the previous Marvel TV shows as occupying an alternate timeline.

In the main universe, Coulson can be said to have remained dead after The Avengers and his resurrection was not in the main timeline.

I'd be fine with that. The stories and shows still exist and can still be rewatched and enjoyed. They just won't be considered part of the core continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know how much that was him and how much it was Ike demanding cost cutting with the cartoons and increased synergy with the films, but yes the cartoons after WATXM and EMH were terrible. The good news is that they are upping the game before the coming X-Men cartoon series which I feared might have been a really cheap half baked TAS reboot.

Extraordinary Member

I don't care for most of what Loeb put out in TV - the Netflix shows had promise but in my opinion they were hard to watch because of the stretched-out season long stories (even though characters like Daredevil and Jessica Jones have jobs that are ideal for "case of the week" stories).

But Loeb isn't gone because he did a bad job, he's gone because he's part of the old regime, and Feige is consolidating power and will want to work with people he trusts. We've all seen it happen when a new boss takes over that some of the old boss's people either get fired, or leave because this is no longer a good place for them.

Wonder this means for the remaining TV stuff Loeb is doing or set up.

We got

-Runaways
    -Cloak and Dagger
    -SHIELD

Former 2 I could see merging with the MCU because there's a lot of leeway and distance that putting them in the MCU proper wouldn't be a hassle. SHIELD is ending anyways but would suck if they just drop almost everything.

-Helstrom

Yeah, I think this series is only getting a pilot and nothing else. If so, one season and that's it.

-The Offenders

Nah, this is over.

There are also rumors Feige is thinking about courting Cox and Ritter to join the Disney+ shows at some point but a slight reboot.

I hope Runaways survives. I think it'd fit pretty well.

I wouldn't think that Marvel Studios would need to "court" the Netflix actors – I remember Charlie Cox once said that his contract already stipulated Marvel film appearances if asked...

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

We got

-Runaways
    -Cloak and Dagger
    -SHIELD

Former 2 I could see merging with the MCU because there's a lot of leeway and distance that putting them in the MCU proper wouldn't be a hassle. SHIELD is ending anyways but would suck if they just drop almost everything.

-Helstrom

Yeah, I think this series is only getting a pilot and nothing else. If so, one season and that's it.

-The Offenders

Nah, this is over.

There are also rumors Feige is thinking about courting Cox and Ritter to join the Disney+ shows at some point but a slight reboot.
    So they're going to keep Jessica, but not Luke?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Marvel could be the #1 publisher many years over, with their closest competitor trailing a distant second, and even the slightest change in their corporate structure would still be greeted by some as confirmation that the entire enterprise was collapsing, despite all actual evidence to the contrary.

"All lolly-pops and rainbows" is certainly a far cry from "a last ditch effort to save what's left of the company," is it not?

You want to portray an appointment of Feige to a position that makes nothing but sense for him to occupy as a "last ditch effort to save what's left of the company" and when it's mentioned how totally absurd and disconnected with reality that assertion is, now it's "oh, well, you think it's all lolly-pops and rainbows?"

Nothing is ever all lolly-pops and rainbows in a company that pulls in as much money as Disney/Marvel, no matter how well they're doing. Every day, creative choices are made that will affect revenue across the company. Putting Feige in charge over all divisions, given his extreme success in film, makes quite a bit of sense. Making it so there's greater connectivity across film, TV, and publishing makes sense. There doesn't have to be a crisis to spur that decision. It seems like a logical next step for Feige to be advanced to, especially now that Marvel is moving into a new phase in film and TV. Why not have everything under his purview moving forward?

When someone has achieved the kind of extraordinary success on behalf of a company that Feige has, that company typically gives that person more responsibility - to reward that person, to entice them to stay, and to help extend that success. Not too hard to figure.
    being the number 1 seller in an industry is not that same thing as doing well overall.

So they're going to keep Jessica, but not Luke?
    The way the Netflix shows were taking their characters, they didn't seem likely to end up back together anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    In both animation and film, you could say it was a mixed bag with Loeb.

I have to imagine Feige has been watching Loeb from the sidelines, thinking what he would do if he were in charge of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, Iron Fist, and so on.

Loeb has had some success with these properties but I don't think too many would argue that he didn't really lock into their full potential.

There's no way that Feige didn't want to eventually get his hands on these characters and do them his own way.

I expect that the Netflix shows and AoS will be regarded as an alt universe eventually.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness acknowledges the previous Marvel TV shows as occupying an alternate timeline.

In the main universe, Coulson can be said to have remained dead after The Avengers and his resurrection was not in the main timeline.

I'd be fine with that. The stories and shows still exist and can still be rewatched and enjoyed. They just won't be considered part of the core continuity.
    I think a majority of people were happy with the Netflix heroes for the most part, aside from Iron Fist.

There might have been some disappointment on the shared universe front but realistically Netflix Daredevil and MCU Spider-Man would've seemed out-of-place with each other.

AoS has a pretty strong fanbase so I think they'd be pretty majorly disappointed at being retconned out, even if that seems like a distinct possibility.

We got

-Runaways
    -Cloak and Dagger
    -SHIELD

-Helstrom

-The Offenders

Nah, this is over.

We know the cast of Runaways was at Marvel Studios. I think Cloak and Dagger's too?

I don't know how much a chance there is of AoS getting totally retconned out, just because I feel like they'd really have to go out of their way to do that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't know how much a chance there is of AoS getting totally retconned out, just because I feel like they'd really have to go out of their way to do that.
    I think Feige will just ignore AoS the way he's ignored it all along. They don't have to officially say that it's non-canon, but it clearly is at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think Feige will just ignore AoS the way he's ignored it all along. They don't have to officially say that it's non-canon, but it clearly is at this point.
    I don't get why people have such high standards for what counts as canon when it comes to the MCU.

Marvel went like 30 years without mentioning Crystar, for example, but that didn't make the Saga of Crystar non-canon.

We got

-Runaways
    -Cloak and Dagger
    -SHIELD

-Helstrom

-The Offenders

Nah, this is over.

Agents of SHIELD's last season is coming some time next year. Helstrom I thought started production?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast