Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 97
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    245

    Default

    I'm not sure where they would've gotten the idea that in the movies Carol was gonna be half kree.
    Feels pretty out there, even when you only look at the trailers.

  2. #17
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Hopefully this means that Feige will share his plans with the comics a little bit more, so they stop doing "Life of Captain Marvel" type stories where they try to change the comics based on what they think the movies are going to do, or playing catch-up with the movies months after they come out. There will always be some synergy, but there are better ways to do it than what they've been doing.
    BleedingCool said the other day that comics editorial usually learns MCU plans from BleedingCool and other rumor sites before they learn things from Marvel Studios, so I imagine this will improve things.

  3. #18
    Fantastic Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Godking Feige.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Exciter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    BleedingCool said the other day that comics editorial usually learns MCU plans from BleedingCool and other rumor sites before they learn things from Marvel Studios, so I imagine this will improve things.
    I think Feige will probably do relatively little with the comics. However, I suspect the change will get their TV properties to align with the movies. Theyíre launching a bunch of high profile TV shows and they canít afford flubs.

    For example, the team on Agents of SHIELD had no idea what was going to happen in Endgame. They directly referenced Thanos and the events of Infinity War at the end of season 5 but obviously didnít know how it would happen. Like most of us, they probably assumed everyone would just be brought back like in the comics. AoS did a one year time jump at the start of Season 6 to try and sidestep Endgame, but they didnít predict the 5 year time jump that occurred in the movie. As a result, the continuity was completely screwed up.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Fan Made Solicitation Games, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    It wasn't fun for the people making or watching those series, but Feige's refusal to acknowledge any of the Marvel TV shows (except Agent Carter) was hilarious in its way. He even brought Coulson back in flashbacks but never acknowledged that the character was still alive, so if you watched the movies only you'd assume he died in Avengers.

  6. #21
    Cadaver Sniffing Dog Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    All I care about is Runaways living.
    I think CB Cebulski is doing everything within his power to do that.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

    Die - Excalibur - New Mutants - Once & Future - Runaways - RWBY - X-Men

    Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It wasn't fun for the people making or watching those series, but Feige's refusal to acknowledge any of the Marvel TV shows (except Agent Carter) was hilarious in its way. He even brought Coulson back in flashbacks but never acknowledged that the character was still alive, so if you watched the movies only you'd assume he died in Avengers.
    I actually do think that the Netflix shows, Daredevil especially, benefited by being standalone...but that's just me.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I actually do think that the Netflix shows, Daredevil especially, benefited by being standalone...but that's just me.
    No, I agree; the Netflix shows had their problems (mostly the lack of standalone stories, which made the season-long stories a chore to get through), but not lining up with the movies wasn't one of them.

    It was a problem for AoS because it tried to present itself as part of the MCU and spent time setting up MCU projects that never happened or frantically trying to line up with MCU projects that were kept secret from them.

  9. #24
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I think CB Cebulski is doing everything within his power to do that.
    I hope he succeeds.

    I think the show fits pretty well with the more diverse vibe of Phase Four. Incorporating the Runaways would give them access to two of the most prominent queer characters Marvel has. And for the show, it could open the doors to adapting a lot of the Volume 2 and beyond stories in a way that would be tricky without that connection.

    I demand a Nico cameo in Doctor Strange: In the MoM !

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I actually do think that the Netflix shows, Daredevil especially, benefited by being standalone...but that's just me.
    You're not wrong.

    I think the Netflix shows would have benefitted from somebody telling them that, in all honesty, they would have been better off with 10 episode seasons, rather than 13 episodes. And maybe a bit more encouragement for Daredevil to not be so afraid of the costume and codename.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,539

    Default

    The same time this was announced liefeld quit... I wonder if that is a good sign or not ?

  11. #26
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    How lomg until Movie like comics?

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    Well, this will be fun to watch.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member Skedatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The same time this was announced liefeld quit... I wonder if that is a good sign or not ?
    Quit? I saw something about Liefeld talking to a lawyer recently, but I honestly have no clue as to what or why.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    I think this is justified. The Marvel brand and its impact on pop culture was never the same after the MCU, and that's largely thanks to Feige's work. I can totally see why Disney thinks of him as a ''creative leader'' material. Plus, giving more power to him and less power to Ike Perlmutter is probably the best idea they've had in ages. It's clear Perlmutter had been out of touch with modern Marvel, and I think that's where Feige's insight will be the most valuable. I'm so curious to see what kind of ideas he has for the publication line, specially digitally. I hope he has ideas that will push the comics people to reevaluate how they publish comics, 'cause the industry has been needing a shake-up. Like, Marvel Unlimited with a new format being promoted alongside Disney+/Hulu internationally could be a gold mine for them. More titles for the Marvel Digital Originals line, which they barely explored. More focus on stories made for trades in diverse markets and not just single issues for comic book shops would be welcome. I'm so ready for change; it's time.

    And of course, we have Marvel TV and Animation. I think those are the ones that are probably going to change the most, since they are being officially merged into Marvel Studios. The future of live-action and animated Marvel shows will be very interesting to watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's a smart business move on Marvel's part because this way they get relevancy. Feige is Disney's biggest producer right now, and by entrusting him with Marvel, Feige now has to devote himself to making Marvel big as opposed to just the movies big. So it's a smart gambit.
    That's my take as well. There's been a certain discrepancy on how Marvel is viewed as a movie company vs how it is viewed as a comics/animation/television/game company, and usually the latter is viewed as lesser than, which is unfortunate. If Feige can manage to make people look at all of Marvel as a strong, unified company, that's an absolute win.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-15-2019 at 03:33 PM.

  15. #30
    Incredible Member Skedatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think this is justified. The Marvel brand and its impact on pop culture was never the same after the MCU, and that's largely thanks to Feige's work. I can totally see why Disney thinks of him as a ''creative leader'' material. Plus, giving more power to him and less power to Ike Perlmutter is probably the best idea they've had in ages. It's clear Perlmutter had been out of touch with modern Marvel, and I think that's where Feige's insight will be the most valuable. I'm so curious to see what kind of ideas he has for the publication line, specially digitally. I hope he has ideas that will push the comics people to reevaluate how they publish comics, 'cause the industry has been needing a shake-up. Like, Marvel Unlimited with a new format being promoted alongside Disney+/Hulu internationally could be a gold mine for them. More titles for the Marvel Digital Originals, which they barely explored. More focus on stories made for trades in diverse markets and not just single issues for comic book shops would be welcome. I'm so ready for change; it's time.

    And of course, we have Marvel TV and Animation. I think those are the ones that are probably going to change the most, since they are being officially merged into Marvel Studios. The future of live-action and animated Marvel shows will be very interesting to watch.



    That's my take as well. There's been a certain discrepancy on how Marvel is viewed as a movie company vs how it is viewed as a comics/animation/television/game company, and usually the latter is viewed as lesser than, which is unfortunate. If Feige can manage to make people look at all of Marvel as a strong, unified company, that's an absolute win.
    Amen to this. The digital side is what I'm thrilled to see come from this decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •