Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think this is justified. The Marvel brand and its impact on pop culture was never the same after the MCU, and that's largely thanks to Feige's work. I can totally see why Disney thinks of him as a ''creative leader'' material. Plus, giving more power to him and less power to Ike Perlmutter is probably the best idea they've had in ages. It's clear Perlmutter had been out of touch with modern Marvel, and I think that's where Feige's insight will be the most valuable. I'm so curious to see what kind of ideas he has for the publication line, specially digitally. I hope he has ideas that will push the comics people to reevaluate how they publish comics, 'cause the industry has been needing a shake-up. Like, Marvel Unlimited with a new format being promoted alongside Disney+/Hulu internationally could be a gold mine for them. More titles for the Marvel Digital Originals line, which they barely explored. More focus on stories made for trades in diverse markets and not just single issues for comic book shops would be welcome. I'm so ready for change; it's time.

And of course, we have Marvel TV and Animation. I think those are the ones that are probably going to change the most, since they are being officially merged into Marvel Studios. The future of live-action and animated Marvel shows will be very interesting to watch.

That's my take as well. There's been a certain discrepancy on how Marvel is viewed as a movie company vs how it is viewed as a comics/animation/television/game company, and usually the latter is viewed as lesser than, which is unfortunate. If Feige can manage to make people look at all of Marvel as a strong, unified company, that's an absolute win.
    That’s a good point. I should add that Disney+ will be a big focus for the company, and it makes sense for Marvel to be in total synergy to provide content for it. That includes movies, live-action, animation, whatever else, it makes sense to have the talent of Feige running the scenes for Marvel on their big investment. I’m betting we’ll see a lot of animated Marvel shows for Disney+ that are hopefully as good as DC, and more connected live-action across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    That’s a good point. I should add that Disney+ will be a big focus for the company, and it makes sense for Marvel to be in total synergy to provide content for it. That includes movies, live-action, animation, whatever else, it makes sense to have the talent of Feige running the scenes for Marvel on their big investment. I’m betting we’ll see a lot of animated Marvel shows for Disney+ that are hopefully as good as DC, and more connected live-action across the board.
    Oooh if we can get a solid animated Spider-Man show on Disney+? Similar to Spectacular Spider-Man? I'd be in a second Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Oooh if we can get a solid animated Spider-Man show on Disney+? Similar to Spectacular Spider-Man? I'd be in a second Heaven.
    My biggest hope has been a good X-Men series, something in the style of Young Justice in terms of plot, scale and feel (hell get Weisman to be the lead on it).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Quit? I saw something about Liefeld talking to a lawyer recently, but I honestly have no clue as to what or why.
    Yep
    https://t.co/8ZmUNpIiQm?amp=1

All his upcoming projects are canclled,

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Only Based Feige can get this company to publish some damn Avengers comics.
    And hopefully undo one more day.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

My biggest hope has been a good X-Men series, something in the style of Young Justice in terms of plot, scale, and feel (hell get Weisman to be the lead on it).
    I'm not sure I want an X-Men series that's constantly adding mutants, but giving very little attention or development to all but a select few.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And hopefully undo one more day.
    I would not be shocked if that happens now. As I can Fiege using that as a way to get good will with Marvel comics
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Make it happen! Make it happen now!

BANNED

Make it happen! Make it happen now!
    Feige is a huge fan of JMS' run on Spider-Man which was the last time we had a married Spider-Man...so who knows.

He might want to preserve norms and not impose it outright though..but all he has to do is give a hint or two to a few people around Marvel, that message travels downwards, and some writer at Marvel pitching for it can make it up and it goes to Feige's desk and he'll then shrug and go, "Eh...it's been 10 years why not" and that's it.

I wouldn't defend OMD on its own terms as a story, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed a lot of the comics that have come out in the new status quo it set up. I don't have much personal interest in seeing it undone.

That being said, I'd think Miles Morales would be a decent counterpoint to the need to keep it in place. You want a young, unmarried Spider-Man? You have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They better not make the comics follow the movies
    Yeah, I get bumping up Feige's role considering how massively successful he's been at steering the films and promoting the Marvel brand, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if all Marvel media becomes focused around promoting, being set in, or serving the MCU.

I'm not saying that will be how Feige's approach is but we've seen his take on the television side with ignoring the ABC stuff, the Disney+ shows, and the reported canceling of Ghost Rider on Hulu.
    I really hope he’s hands-off in regards to the comics. Let them do their thing.

What I think can be really good is that he’ll have creative control over all of Marvel. I hope that means we’ll finally get good animation made.
    I just hope we get less cartoons designed to cater to or revolve around the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    As long as it's not MCU Spider-Man: The Animated Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't defend OMD on its own terms as a story, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed a lot of the comics that have come out in the new status quo it set up. I don't have much personal interest in seeing it undone.
    I think one could argue that those stories weren't necessarily reliant on Peter's single status though.
    That being said, I'd think Miles Morales would be a decent counterpoint to the need to keep it in place. You want a young, unmarried Spider-Man? You have one.
    Will we see less teen Peter? You never know...

And more animated series made for the sake of telling good stories, like what DC has done for so long. That's what I hope for.

And more animated series made for the sake of telling good stories, like what DC has done for so long. That's what I hope for.

BANNED

What If looks like quite nice. The general problem with Marvel animation in general is that the design and look tend to be aesthetically ugly but What If looks fine. Feige would want to raise standards certainly. After all he's now a big name. If his name is attached to an ugly looking cartoon that will reflect on him so he might want a certain high standard.

BANNED

This is definitely intriguing news.

It's an incredibly obvious move to make given Feige's success. If you're going to put one guy at the top of everything Marvel, it's him.

I would think the most important thing on his plate is making sure the Disney+ shows deliver on the same level that the movies have and having both feed into each other in a way that Marvel's film and TV projects haven't up until now.

I have to imagine Feige has been waiting for this opportunity to have creative control over the TV end of things for awhile. There's been some real highlights under Loeb but obviously the synergy was never there and I bet Feige has is own ideas about how to best realize certain characters and is eager to act on those ideas.

As for the impact on publishing, I think the biggest thing is that publishing won't be in the dark about what movies and TV are up to anymore and they'll be able to better strategize on that end. I don't see Feige exerting much editorial control on the books - at least not immediately. But it will be interesting to see how things play out.