Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
I think this is justified. The Marvel brand and its impact on pop culture was never the same after the MCU, and that's largely thanks to Feige's work. I can totally see why Disney thinks of him as a ''creative leader'' material. Plus, giving more power to him and less power to Ike Perlmutter is probably the best idea they've had in ages. It's clear Perlmutter had been out of touch with modern Marvel, and I think that's where Feige's insight will be the most valuable. I'm so curious to see what kind of ideas he has for the publication line, specially digitally. I hope he has ideas that will push the comics people to reevaluate how they publish comics, 'cause the industry has been needing a shake-up. Like, Marvel Unlimited with a new format being promoted alongside Disney+/Hulu internationally could be a gold mine for them. More titles for the Marvel Digital Originals line, which they barely explored. More focus on stories made for trades in diverse markets and not just single issues for comic book shops would be welcome. I'm so ready for change; it's time.

And of course, we have Marvel TV and Animation. I think those are the ones that are probably going to change the most, since they are being officially merged into Marvel Studios. The future of live-action and animated Marvel shows will be very interesting to watch.

That's my take as well. There's been a certain discrepancy on how Marvel is viewed as a movie company vs how it is viewed as a comics/animation/television/game company, and usually the latter is viewed as lesser than, which is unfortunate. If Feige can manage to make people look at all of Marvel as a strong, unified company, that's an absolute win.
That’s a good point. I should add that Disney+ will be a big focus for the company, and it makes sense for Marvel to be in total synergy to provide content for it. That includes movies, live-action, animation, whatever else, it makes sense to have the talent of Feige running the scenes for Marvel on their big investment. I’m betting we’ll see a lot of animated Marvel shows for Disney+ that are hopefully as good as DC, and more connected live-action across the board.