Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Sorry I missed it. Plus that is in marvel comics forum.
    Well, it is Marvel Comics news.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This does sort of make you realize that Hickman is probably writing X-Men as some sort of a movie pitch.
    People keep saying this and I keep not seeing it. So far, nothing about HoXPoXDoX seems designed to me multimedia friendly to me, and Hickman has definitely talked about in the past about taking advantage of the fact that you can do crazier **** in comics than in movies.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I'm a little bit hopeful again.

*X-forums make me a mood-swinger*
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

As I said elsewhere (in addition to months ago) I think it's very, very unlikely Marvel Studios doesn't know about what Hickman is doing and isn't completely for it. Infinity War, after all, incorporated Hickman characters (the Black Order). And Hickman and Feige are rumored to be simpatico.

Does that mean the X-Men movies of the future will adhere to Dawn of X? No, I think it will likely be a melange of eras. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if, given the state of the current MCU, mutants don't just pop up at a school in Westchester but have in fact been hidden on Krakoa for years, a la Black Panther and Wakanda, staying off the radar. This would explain where they have been all this time. I think the school setting may become relegated to X-Men backstory onscreen, a la Hank and Janet Pym's superhero past appearing in flashbacks in the Ant-Man films.

Either way: I've seen enough of the tired school setting after reading for 30+ years. I am happy with Dawn of X and if they choose to forego Westchester as the main setting of the films entirely I wouldn't care in the slightest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As I said elsewhere (in addition to months ago) I think it's very, very unlikely Marvel Studios doesn't know about what Hickman is doing and isn't completely for it. Infinity War, after all, incorporated Hickman characters (the Black Order). And Hickman and Feige are rumored to be simpatico.

Does that mean the X-Men movies of the future will adhere to Dawn of X? No, I think it will likely be a melange of eras. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if, given the state of the current MCU, mutants don't just pop up at a school in Westchester but have in fact been hidden on Krakoa for years, a la Black Panther and Wakanda, staying off the radar. This would explain where they have been all this time. I think the school setting may become relegated to X-Men backstory onscreen, a la Hank and Janet Pym's superhero past appearing in flashbacks in the Ant-Man films.

Either way: I've seen enough of the tired school setting after reading for 30+ years. I am happy with Dawn of X and if they choose to forego Westchester as the main setting of the films entirely I wouldn't care in the slightest.
    One of the reasons a lot of people hate the X-Men movies is because it isn't at all a faithful adaptation of the source material. Marvel's not going to alienate those people by doing a version of their own that's even more out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That would mean the MCU X-Men start off in Krakoa, without ever passing through the Westchester/Australia/Utopia phase.

I don't know what to say.
    LOL it doesn't mean anything. X-men movies already on pre-production

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    People keep saying this and I keep not seeing it. So far, nothing about HoXPoXDoX seems designed to me multimedia friendly to me, and Hickman has definitely talked about in the past about taking advantage of the fact that you can do crazier **** in comics than in movies.
    Yeah, HOXPOX play a lot with comics continuity. Movies have to start clean

When Hickman said that they had now "vertically-integrated opportunities" in the X-Men that not before and that is why he had decided to write the mutants, what do you think he meant, that he can now go upstairs to the offices from Marvel?

The films are not going to adapt Krakoa as is (They never do) but it is obvious that they will be inspired by the current stage.

Just as Infinity War has many similarities with Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    When Hickman said that they had now "vertically-integrated opportunities" in the X-Men that not before and that is why he had decided to write the mutants, what do you think he meant, that he can now go upstairs to the offices from Marvel?
    Write for multimedia: moves, tv shows, cartoons. I know that Hickman tried to start writing for tv shows and it didn't worked as he wanted

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Write for multimedia: moves, tv shows, cartoons. I know that Hickman tried to start writing for tv shows and it didn't worked as he wanted
    Exactly. X-Men are not going to be HOX / POX but they are likely to take elements such as Krakoa, Phalanx, ORCHIS or the original 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse.

The last thing especially seems to be a Black Order 2.0, someone in Marvel telling him "Eh, Apocalypse is cool, but like Thanos his minions are crap, make some cool".

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Exactly. X-Men are not going to be HOX / POX but they are likely to take elements such as Krakoa, Phalanx, ORCHIS or the original 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse.

The last thing especially seems to be a Black Order 2.0, someone in Marvel telling him "Eh, Apocalypse is cool, but like Thanos his minions are crap, make some cool".
    Phalanx and Krakoa existed before Hickman. ORCHIS seems the villains that x-men need; not sure baout the rest

BANNED

The problem with movie and comics synergy is that the audience that reads comics is disproportionately smaller compared to the movies. It's a dedicated niche audience for the most part. Present company, and yours truly, included. You can't think of this demographic when you make a movie. It's in the interests of comics to get the people who see the movies to read the comics, but it's not in the interests of movies to get people who read comics to see the movies, since mostly they do that for free.

If anything I think/hope that Feige's appointment means more freedom for comics creators. Hickman said that comics work best on its own, to try out and test ideas and then it's up to the movies to decide if they want to use it or lose it. That only works if you allow a lot of lattitude.

As for whether HoX/PoX is inspired with a view for an eventual X-Men movie...well I think it's not an accident that the project that became HoX/PoX as per Hickman went into gear shortly after the announcement of the Fox/Disney deal. I think Marvel editors and others realized that it was time to bring the X-Men back into 616 in grand style and Hickman has been vocal in the past about his love for the Merry Mutants and attacked them being shafted for movie rights. Hickman said that he got a call from Dan Buckley (President of Marvel Entertainment) about coming back and which project he wanted and obviously X-Men came up and so Buckley gave him the go-ahead. But whether Hickman's idea/pitch will ultimately inspire the MCU X-Men...difficult to say. After all, the Avengers movies only borrowed a few bits from his run which after all did revolve on characters (Reed, Doom) who were inaccessible in terms of rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I'm a little bit hopeful again.

*X-forums make me a mood-swinger*
    Krakoa is all about swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

I want the Krakoa era in the movies, and even better I want to see Emma Frost walking into a court room and asking that a mutant be sent back to their home country of Krakoa. I just want that to be an iconic scene in the movies that introduces the audiences to Emma Frost, Secretary of State for Krakoa.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. Rather have more variety in creative ideas.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Krakoa is all about swinging.
    I was afraid it would get phrased like that. I meant to say "arguing for my beliefs in the X-forums is gradually turning me Hank Pym levels of bipolar," but I'd just gotten up (morning in my country) and wasn't feeling too wordy then.

Well, it is Marvel Comics news.
    Because the consensus is that Marvel Comics are separate from X-Men Comics.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.