Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Some posts about what's appropriate or not for this thread have been deleted.

Since this is about a film producer having a greater role over the comics, a lot of stuff is on-topic including bitching about the films or developments in the comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Some posts about what's appropriate or not for this thread have been deleted.

Since this is about a film producer having a greater role over the comics, a lot of stuff is on-topic including bitching about the films or developments in the comics.
    What? Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    What? Are you kidding me?
    No. It should still be part of the larger discussion of what you expect/ want Feige to do with the Spider-Man comics, but a lot of stuff falls within that larger category. Personally, I would still anticipate a producer of the MCU films and upcoming Star Wars films having a very light role over the comics, so I doubt he'll spend much time on One More Day.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    No. It should still be part of the larger discussion of what you expect/ want Feige to do with the Spider-Man comics, but a lot of stuff falls within that larger category. Personally, I would still anticipate a producer of the MCU films and upcoming Star Wars films having a very light role over the comics, so I doubt he'll spend much time on One More Day.
    Then can you delete this thread? I don't want to give people more of an Avenue to moan and complain about the movies again and again

Not sure if the thread should be deleted, but I do feel that it's loosing it's constructive element and that we're getting far off topic. I mean, I have no problem discussing different opinions on different media, but I am getting sick of how "this movie sucks!" comments are taking over the thread (the way so many threads are these days, it seems).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not sure if the thread should be deleted, but I do feel that it's loosing it's constructive element and that we're getting far off topic. I mean, I have no problem discussing different opinions on different media, but I am getting sick of how "this movie sucks!" comments are taking over the thread (the way so many threads are these days, it seems).
    Exactly, agreed.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Welp, the news on the front page of CBR has confirmed what a lot of people were speculating; Fiege's new role is also resulting in Jeph Loeb's ousting.

Kind of hoping this means the next crop of animated Marvel series kind of feel like less shallow tie-ins to the MCU.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Welp, the news on the front page of CBR has confirmed what a lot of people were speculating; Fiege's new role is also resulting in Jeph Loeb's ousting.

Kind of hoping this means the next crop of animated Marvel series kind of feel like less shallow tie-ins to the MCU.
    To be honest, now I'm more worried that future cartoons will try to or have to tie-in heavily to the MCU.

I guess Moon Girl is a distinct thing but did Feige have to approve that or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, now I'm more worried that future cartoons will try to or have to tie-in heavily to the MCU.

I guess Moon Girl is a distinct thing but did Feige have to approve that or...?
    Oh give it a rest, Frontier. Geez, it's every post. "I don't want it to mimic MCU", "I just hope it's not the MCU". Like, we get it. Seriously.

Oh give it a rest, Frontier. Geez, it's every post. "I don't want it to mimic MCU", "I just hope it's not the MCU". Like, we get it. Seriously.
    Sorry if I seem a tad repetitive...I just don't think following the movies so heavily has benefited the Marvel cartoons much, so it's something I'm a tad concerned about if Feige has extensive creative control over the cartoons.

Sorry if I seem a tad repetitive...I just don't think following the movies so heavily has benefited the Marvel cartoons much, so it's something I'm a tad concerned about if Feige has extensive creative control over the cartoons.
    I get it, but it's not the end of the world if the cartoons or games or whatnot emulate the MCU. It's the "in" thing right now, even if we don't like it. I just don't see the productivity of griping about it online for the millionth time.

I just don't think following the movies so heavily has benefited the Marvel cartoons much, so it's something I'm a tad concerned about if Feige has extensive creative control over the cartoons.
    I see two possibilities. #1: Feige will want the cartoons, like the MCU, to honor the source material while having the breathing room to be their own thing. #2: Feige will want at least some of the cartoons to be in continuity with the movies.

I personally wouldn't expect Feige to simply have the cartoons "mimic" the movies. I get the sense he values the comics for being the comics, and wants the MCU to be the MCU. Seems like he'd allow for the same when it comes to cartoons, unless they are directly in continuity with the movies. It makes no sense to have the cartoons "follow" the MCU in the sense of retelling the stories that the movies have already told.

I get it, but it's not the end of the world if the cartoons or games or whatnot emulate the MCU. It's the "in" thing right now, even if we don't like it. I just don't see the productivity of griping about it online for the millionth time.
    I wouldn't even be griping about it if it didn't seem to be chokeholding the cartoons as much as it does, especially The Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    I see two possibilities. #1: Feige will want the cartoons, like the MCU, to honor the source material while having the breathing room to be their own thing. #2: Feige will want at least some of the cartoons to be in continuity with the movies.

I personally wouldn't expect Feige to simply have the cartoons "mimic" the movies. I get the sense he values the comics for being the comics, and wants the MCU to be the MCU. Seems like he'd allow for the same when it comes to cartoons, unless they are directly in continuity with the movies. It makes no sense to have the cartoons "follow" the MCU in the sense of retelling the stories that the movies have already told.
    I hope so.

It's just we really don't have much of a basis to go off of. He seems to be taking more creative control over Marvel Television to make the TV shows all closer to the movies and more in-canon with the MCU and the only cartoon we know he was involved with is What If which is basically an extension of the MCU.

BANNED

That's not anywhere a good argument or basis to draw anything when those TV shows are supposed to he canon the MCU and making them more like the movies makes sense.

Feige's animation credits include serving as Executive Producer on Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Wolverine and the X-Men, Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, Hulk Versus, and Thor: Tales of Asgard. I think it's safe to be a little calmer overall about animation.