Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    That's not anywhere a good argument or basis to draw anything when those TV shows are supposed to he canon the MCU and making them more like the movies makes sense.
    Ostensibly they were supposed to be in-continuity, although I don't think those shows would have been able to handle the material they way they did (especially the Netflix shows) had they been under a tighter connection to the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Feige's animation credits include serving as Executive Producer on Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Wolverine and the X-Men, Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, Hulk Versus, and Thor: Tales of Asgard. I think it's safe to be a little calmer overall about animation.
    That was before he was running the MCU though.

I'm not judging his credentials or skills at all by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaegrin View Post
    I see two possibilities. #1: Feige will want the cartoons, like the MCU, to honor the source material while having the breathing room to be their own thing. #2: Feige will want at least some of the cartoons to be in continuity with the movies.

I personally wouldn't expect Feige to simply have the cartoons "mimic" the movies. I get the sense he values the comics for being the comics, and wants the MCU to be the MCU. Seems like he'd allow for the same when it comes to cartoons, unless they are directly in continuity with the movies. It makes no sense to have the cartoons "follow" the MCU in the sense of retelling the stories that the movies have already told.
    If they do it in the style of Spectacular Spidey, that being, it draws from different sources (616, but specifically, Ditko era for a lot of stuff, and Ultimate), while also trying to be its own thing, then it's better.

If they use only MCU as a basis, then it can be a lot more limiting, since MCU are just a bunch of movies using a small amount of comic books nonsense, for a cartoon, that's limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If they do it in the style of Spectacular Spidey, that being, it draws from different sources (616, but specifically, Ditko era for a lot of stuff, and Ultimate), while also trying to be its own thing, then it's better.

If they use only MCU as a basis, then it can be a lot more limiting, since MCU are just a bunch of movies using a small amount of comic books nonsense, for a cartoon, that's limiting.
    Yeah, I'm not arguing against using influences from the movies, but basing so much of your series off of them like the Avengers and Guardians cartoons do just doesn't seem ideal to me.

Even Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes used some stuff from the movies (particularly for Iron Man) but was very much it's own distinct, individual, thing.

It's worth remembering that there are BIG differences between handling movies, television, and comics. Decisions that could work for a single stand-alone feature (that could cross over and connect with others but not an absolute requirement), may not work for a more long-running format, with live-action television, animation, and comics all be extremely different approaches to their formats as well. That's why it makes more sense than not that whatever way Feige looks towards those other departments will be more than just "look like the MCU". And besides like some already mentioned, they were already doing slightly forced MCU integration, so going forward it'll probably be either lesser, or about the same anyway.

The Disney+ plus shows I don't really consider "television" since they are effectively just movies split up over the course of a 6-8 episode mini-series, so I think however he chooses to handle stuff like the Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, etc., as well as the Hulu animation series will have a different look and flow to them. And I'd be interested to see what his approach to the animation side would be, just because majority of the recent outings have felt so lackluster, mostly due to trying to target one demographic too much, so they may be able to do something now that is much more broadly appealable.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The Disney+ plus shows I don't really consider "television" since they are effectively just movies split up over the course of a 6-8 episode mini-series, so I think however he chooses to handle stuff like the Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, etc., as well as the Hulu animation series will have a different look and flow to them. And I'd be interested to see what his approach to the animation side would be, just because majority of the recent outings have felt so lackluster, mostly due to trying to target one demographic too much, so they may be able to do something now that is much more broadly appealable.
    Well, that and cheap production values.

I would say the forced movie synergy is also a big issue but that has ironically been less of an issue with the Spider-Man cartoons up to this point compared to everything else.