Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does it's best.

Yeah, there hasn't been an American X-Men cartoon on air since 2009.

I think we're a tad to early to be adapting that yet.
    The Black Order got to the Avengers movies in five years. Anything's possible. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    The Black Order got to the Avengers movies in five years. Anything's possible. :P
    True, but I think elite mooks for a bad guy are easier to work in then the Hickman status quo, but it's a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as we don't get MCU Spider-Man: The Animated Series, I'll be happy.
    Hopefuly the most MCU Spidey they do in a future cartoon is having Peter with a more advanced tech, with that maybe including his costume.

So y'know, PS4-Spidey or 616-Horizon-Labs-Spidey kind of thing, and no fucking Stark.

BANNED

It'd be nice if the next Spider-Man was more based on MCU Spider-Man.
    Simply because people pointlessly raging about it would personally be very amusing to me.

Hell, Kamala's only six years old and she's already been in Marvel Rising, Spider-Man, and Avengers cartoons, and has had a live action show of her own announced. If they're just starting development now, there is a chance that HOXPOX could be adapted in an X-Men cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Now there is a chance OMD will finally end... maybe (just maybe) Mayday can reappear.
    I’m praying that OMD will be undone now that Feige’s in control. That would be the perfect way for him to solidify goodwill on the comic side of things.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Feige remember initially around the time of the first Iron Man wanted to make Tobey Maguire’s Peter canon and was even interested in working with Garfield Spidey and both versions are older. So he’s not beholden to Spider-Man being a teenager.

The two things about this that interest me most are the prospect of video games and animation.

For the former, I imagine more better quality games and less time-wasters on mobile. Make games for the sake of making good entertainment, not cheap profit. The successes of Spider-Man PS4 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 prove this. In particular, I think they should give Marvel vs. Capcom another go, as Infinite suffered from executive meddling. Alternatively, they can make an all-Marvel fighter. Make other games too, such as an X-Men RPG (think an X-Men: Destiny only it doesn't suck). Be more experimental and take risks. Deliver good gaming experiences.

For the latter, I imagine more better quality animation and less filler. We could see better, consistent action-animation on par with what DC has been producing for the longest time. When's the last Marvel animated series to be really good? I'd say it's been a while. The last good ones were Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. We're due for some good animated shows. I want a good Spider-Man series, a good X-Men series, a good Avengers series, and hell, make a Marvel Animated Universe while they're at it.

Overall, I think this can only be a good thing. Taking the power away from Ike, Loeb and Joey Q was such a good idea I can't believe it actually happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    The two things about this that interest me most are the prospect of video games and animation.
    From what I read, games are still under Buckley's purview but since he reports to Feige, that means more autonomy.

Mike Jones is currently in charge of Marvel Games (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6451118/) and he indicates that he wants some autonomy and movement. Everyone wants to be Feige. And you can see how Feige's success has inspired a new group of producers and execs who model themselves on him.

For the former, I imagine more better quality games and less time-wasters on mobile.
    Mobile games is easily the biggest growing market of games so I can't imagine disinvestment in that. I mean EA has famously made a botch of the Star Wars AAA license but on mobile games it's made money like gangbusters. Maybe mobile games will improve in quality I don't know.

The last good ones were Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    All made by (or co-produced with) outside studios rather than in-house as their current crop has been.

Makes sense, but since Feige is above Buckley, that should automatically be better than before especially since the guys answering to Feige also want better synergy and direction. I just feel like this whole change will create a much more positive direction going forward. Marvel, outside the movies, has been very hit or miss with animation and video games faltering most. This should be a good fix.

I don't think they'd stop making mobile because of the money being too good. It just becomes a problem when all they make are mobile and LEGO. Remember, Marvel once pulled out of gaming apart from those two. They made their big initiative to get back into gaming in 2017.

Yeah, good point with the shows. I think that makes it clear: The shows are all better because Perlmutter, Loeb and Quesada had no involvement with them, or minimal at best. In fact, look at Wolverine and the X-Men, which was produced by Feige before he completely jumped ship to Marvel. That's promising as far as animation goes.

BANNED

Yeah, good point with the shows. I think that makes it clear: The shows are all better because Perlmutter, Loeb and Quesada had no involvement with them, or minimal at best. In fact, look at Wolverine and the X-Men, which was produced by Feige before he completely jumped ship to Marvel. That's promising as far as animation goes.
    I remember when X-Men Evolution introduced the character X23 (who became big in LOGAN) she was co-created by Christopher Yost (who later worked on Earth's Mightiest Heroes and so on). Quesada played a part in introducing her to 616 and what he did was...turn her into a prostitute. I mean it boggles the mind that he saw a teenage Wolverine girl in a cartoon for kids and he introduced her as a prostitute...because obviously that's how you bring the audience who watches the cartoon to get involved in comics.

Quesada on the whole has had a fairly mediocre career as an artist and an EIC. As an artist his biggest thing was that overrated Kevin Smith story. His artwork is generally weak in terms of showing faces (they are ugly and weirdly baby-ish), the colorists he favors tends to go for this dull amber and faded look that looks too pale. His biggest lasting achievement is his work with Christopher Priest on Black Panther which happened in the Marvel Knights label before he got promoted to EIC. In terms of what an EIC should be doing, which as Jim Shooter said, was to preserve continuity and ensure consistency across the line, he's not been good at that. Where Shooter was insistent on "There's no second string in Marvel. Every title is first string", Quesada played a part in kneecapping X-Men in favor of Avengers and with the most asinine justification to boot. Some people credit Quesada for Ultimate Marvel but that was entirely Bill Jemas' idea and brainchild as Bendis and others have pointed out. It was also Jemas who pushed for the MAX Imprint, created solely to publish Bendis' Alias. Quesada deserves some credit for bringing outside talent to Marvel, notably getting Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman to work at Marvel (the former in continuity, the latter not so much) but he also allowed Mark Millar too much latitude in wrecking the Marvel Universe for CIVIL WAR.

What Quesada especially doesn't merit is making cameos in Spider-Man cartoons. No other EIC other than Stan did that, and the author of the worst Spider-Man stories does not deserve that. If it was Black Panther, sure he deserves one along with Priest (who admitted to basing Everett Ross partly on Quesada himself) but not Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    IÂ’m praying that OMD will be undone now that FeigeÂ’s in control. That would be the perfect way for him to solidify goodwill on the comic side of things.
    I strongly suspect that Joe Q will not be long for Marvel, and OMD/BND is coming to an end. Now, I do not nor do I claim to know anyone who works for Disney and ( or) Marvel, but the position that Feige is in, is where I am sure Joe wanted to be in ( "Running The Whole Enchilada."), and basically there is "No Room At The Top." Maybe he can go work with his buddy Alonso? On to OMD/BND, Spencer is already cleaning up the Dan Slott mess, but it takes years to not only undo bad stories, but create good ones in the process, instead of compounding things and making them worse. The Kraven Arc is an example of doing things right. 'Kraven's Last Hunt' was undone by 'Grim Hunt' and Spencer fixed things.

Most likely not on the comics side. But movies will probably be the same so long as he's playing with Sony. But TV...that's different. Remember, Marvel owns the animation rights for anything under 22 (or 26?) minutes whereas Sony owns anything over that. Could we see a new Spider-Man animated show from Marvel Studios???
    Depends on how What-If will do but I dont think a new animated show is necessary cause I will have to expect them to reference those events in a future movie cause if not then it will be pointless
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hopefuly the most MCU Spidey they do in a future cartoon is having Peter with a more advanced tech, with that maybe including his costume.

So y'know, PS4-Spidey or 616-Horizon-Labs-Spidey kind of thing, and no fucking Stark.
    I don't like Spidey with excessive tech. I think it works in the games but not something I'd like to see in the cartoons.

The current cartoon only occasionally uses the odd gadget or two and I think it works better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hell, Kamala's only six years old and she's already been in Marvel Rising, Spider-Man, and Avengers cartoons, and has had a live action show of her own announced. If they're just starting development now, there is a chance that HOXPOX could be adapted in an X-Men cartoon.
    I think there's a difference between a young character really picking up to a brand new status quo that hinges on a lot of old continuity/characters.
    For the latter, I imagine more better quality animation and less filler. We could see better, consistent action-animation on par with what DC has been producing for the longest time. When's the last Marvel animated series to be really good? I'd say it's been a while. The last good ones were Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. We're due for some good animated shows. I want a good Spider-Man series, a good X-Men series, a good Avengers series, and hell, make a Marvel Animated Universe while they're at it.
    Considering how their current "shared" animated continuity turned out...probably best to just go the standalone route in my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I strongly suspect that Joe Q will not be long for Marvel, and OMD/BND is coming to an end.
    This kind of talk reminds me of when Disney bought Marvel and some fans were sure that this meant that Disney would take it upon themselves to strong arm Quesada into righting the wrong of OMD. Didn't happen, obviously, and don't look for it to happen now.

If it helps those waiting for OMD to be undone, though, I suspect that Spencer may have - with the Kindred storyline - found a way to thread that OMD needle and will somehow let the marriage be remembered, undo Mephisto's deal, and keep Peter and MJ as a couple - just not a married one. I could be completely wrong on that but I feel like Spencer, being the clever fellow he is, has concocted some way to "fix" OMD. Not to the point of remarrying Peter and MJ but to the point where there's no longer that blind spot of the marriage in continuity.