Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
Feel free to scathe me. I find a bunch of characters from the classic era havent had anything to tell for years now and those are two of them. Angel story has been one perfect circle this last decade, if anything you could argue he's propped up Betsy storyline but even that I find debatable. Nightcrawler has just been unremarkable. Im ready to have my mind blown if a writer comes up with a brilliant and radical direction to take them but if theyre just in a book because their classic characters and they have to be. Meh.
I’m returning to the fold after nearly a thirty year hiatus, working my way through the back catalogue and I agree that Nightcrawler has been underutilised and directionless for too many years. But you don’t tend to give up on your favourites, do you?
Whether Hickman, and the new writers have anything interesting to say, remains to be seen. The Council is an interesting choice for him, what I’d most like to see is him holding them to account and advocating for the gammas and the less beautiful/useful mutants, using his privileged position.
He’ll continue to be used, one way or another, as an artist, I can tell you, he’s fascinating to draw and distinctive, so I suspect he’ll turn up on screen too.