Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. We just got white Monet again.

She's gotta be apart of another bigger series and brown because that would catch on. She was white so long in X-Factor which was the longest series she was apart of. so everything from that sticks as a default. Once again cases of creative teams doing random stuff & subsequent teams latching on to it, and eventually the character strays heavily from what they were intended as.
    You can't even tell what colour anyone is with the art style.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm hoping this is where Polaris and Vita end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    My prediction:
    Writer: Vita Ayala (with Hickman as co-writer on launch)

Candidates for the Cast:
    Monet
    Synch (Hickman is a big fan)
    Nightcrawler (on the council and too big to not be on a book)
    Polaris (was in Vita's Prisoner X)
    Xorn
    Lady Mastermind
    Exodus (the last two because of their prominence in HoX 5 and Exodus is on the Council; every team so far has a former "villain")
    Archangel
    Banshee or Siryn

Just based on who isn't on a roster.
    This lineup is amazing. And Carmen Carnero drawing? Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I will lose my **** if Lady M is in this.
    Seconded! I will buy 20 copies if my bae Regan is in it. I do think she has a good chance of having a starring role in a DoX book because of Hickmans love for Carey's Supernovas team and he's already using Karima and the Children of the Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    My prediction:
    Writer: Vita Ayala (with Hickman as co-writer on launch)

Candidates for the Cast:
    Monet
    Synch (Hickman is a big fan)
    Nightcrawler (on the council and too big to not be on a book)
    Polaris (was in Vita's Prisoner X)
    Xorn
    Lady Mastermind
    Exodus (the last two because of their prominence in HoX 5 and Exodus is on the Council; every team so far has a former "villain")
    Archangel
    Banshee or Siryn

Just based on who isn't on a roster.
    Not gonna lie, I am 10000% here for Vita writing Synch.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You can't even tell what colour anyone is with the art style.
    Doesn't the fact that everyone regardless of race all look the same color act as the biggest indicator?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Doesn't the fact that everyone regardless of race all look the same color act as the biggest indicator?
    Agreed. Things are in a pink tint-like state. But we can see Monet & Jubilee are the same color as Emma. Meanwhile, Synch is a notably darker pink than everyone. Why? He's depicted with have more color, being a POC, Meanwhile those other 3 clearly are not. So yeah, white Monet again. Otherwise, she ought to be closer to Synch on the spectrum, rather than Emma.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-15-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. For example, even when tv wasn't in color, you could tell when someone was black. lol

Things are in a pink tint-like state. But we can see Monet & Jubilee are the same shade as Emma. In fact, looking close enough, even Jubilee is a pinch darker than Monet. Meanwhile, Synch is a notably darker pink than everyone. Why? He has Melanin, which those other 3 clearly do not. So yeah, white Monet again.
    It is partly the use of shadows, and partly needing Synch to stand out from the background. The colorist is trying to keep the number of colors minimal, and is already using the darker shade to shadow Monet's face. It is not like everyone in the other sections actually have gold and blue skin, right?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Biggest indicator of what? Finish your sentences.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is partly the use of shadows, and partly needing Synch to stand out from the background. The colorist is trying to keep the number of colors minimal, and is already using the darker shade to shadow Monet's face. It is not like everyone in the other sections actually have gold and blue skin, right?
    Ah, so whitewashing for convenience to avoid using more color(s). lol I suppose that's a reason, but doesn't make it sympathetic or something i'd give props for. They never forget to make blue characters blue or erase the blue to save time / ink, but brown melanin is so much trouble...
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-15-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Looking over the February solicits, it doesn't look like this will happen yet. Also, looks like Carnero might be on a "Captain Marvel/The End" series around January.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Looking over the February solicits, it doesn't look like this will happen yet. Also, looks like Carnero might be on a "Captain Marvel/The End" series around January.
    Captain Marvel The End is a one-shot.

People are thinking that X-Corp might start around March.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Looks like we get our set-up neXt week in...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    … I went to see my Earth lawyers to make sure all things X-Corp will be in good hands if this takes longer than I think it will. … I was in a hurry, so I just signed whatever they put in front of me, but I got it done...
    … which is a development that will likely lead to drama, right off the bat. Wonder who those "good hands" belong to? And is it an individual, or more than one? Sounds like it could be messy - GOOD!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

That sounds as contrived as all heck.

Curious about X-Corp though: is it mandatory to be a mutant to be employed within or act as its legal representation? Because otherwise that is just some stupid pushing of the "Humans bad and need to be genocided" line if the legal team Berto signed off to were humans who are then scripted by Hix to screw him over.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The law team better include Evangeline Whedon, I swear.

Maybe one of the people that he handed X-Corp off to was Magma?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That sounds as contrived as all heck. ...
    Eh, comics.

And I think the likely human lawyers will just be facilitators. My guess is that the "good hands" will belong to someone he's fairly close to, who's not already with him in space, and maybe not initially, at least... the best person for the job. … Warpath? Siryn?... Boom-Boom?!