Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I was thinking beyond appearances, less literal and more... figuratively speaking. Dig deep metaphorically & into the subtext, shunting any paranormal actualities in the process.
    I agree totally, but financial, visuals also count and Kurt/Warren would give such an interesting visual motif too (like they are doing with fire and ice with Pyro and Bobby or Jean and Emma).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Nightcrawler: adventurer; leadership; inspiration.
    You forgot hot.
    Did you see mr Robles Krakoa’s Mr November on Twitter last night?...
    Nope:

Oh hello, Kurt!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I was thinking beyond appearances, less literal and more... figuratively speaking. Dig deep metaphorically & into the subtext, shunting any paranormal actualities in the process.
    Id have to re-read it but I think Casey did that to a small degree with the Church of Humanity and Austen did with horrible results in the Draco

BANNED

I agree totally, but financial, visuals also count and Kurt/Warren would give such an interesting visual motif too (like they are doing with fire and ice with Pyro and Bobby or Jean and Emma).
    Oh, for sure. I'm just not keen on the way they look, being tied to any real angels & demons descendants nonsense, is all.

Marvel should make a book with Nightcrawler and Nick Robles as the artist, it would be a win

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    … horrible results in the Draco
    Yeah, that's what immediately comes to mind. Whatta godawful concept that was. It doesn't get much worse.

Oh, for sure. I'm just not keen on the way they look, being tied to any real angels & demons descendants nonsense, is all.
    Ah, I see what you mean. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Marvel should make a book with Nightcrawler and Nick Robles as the artist, it would be a win
    Well, it’d be cheap, we wouldn’t need a writer or editor, just 24 pages of Nick doing what he does best. So far he’s given us Kurt in the gym, Kurt getting out of the bath, now a centrefold, who needs plot or story or distractions like that?
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 11-23-2019 at 02:52 AM.

Spectacular Member

So I was thinking a Ressurection team led by Nightcrawler with a recently returned mutants to explore tne implications of being brought back , So a team consisting of Abyss , Banshee , Blink , Penance , Skin and Synch with Angel , Azazel and Kiwi Black assisting the team.

BANNED

I’m not sure what this convo has to do with X-Corp, but I feel like one of Austen’s few interesting ideas was that the mythology of angels and demons is based on interactions with ancient mutants. It doesn’t really work in the shared universe since angels & demons have been a staple in the mystical/horror corner but interesting nonetheless.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It is nice that they namedrop "X-Corp" in NM 2 but we still don't really know anything about it... too soon to even meaningfully speculate about the book. Still need to find out how it's distinct from Hellfire Trading Company.

it does indeed sound like the set-up or premise will be "who takes it over" due to Sunspot's poor decision-making.

And yeah i would have to assume the cast of the book would include Nightcrawler and Archangel. They're probably the two most prominent characters not in a book. Polaris could be included just b/c she needs a place to be but idk how I feel about her not leading a team or being in this hypothetical book under say Kurt's leadership. It all depends but I'm not super excited by that prospect atm.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It is nice that they namedrop "X-Corp" in NM 2 but we still don't really know anything about it... too soon to even meaningfully speculate about the book. Still need to find out how it's distinct from Hellfire Trading Company.

it does indeed sound like the set-up or premise will be "who takes it over" due to Sunspot's poor decision-making.

And yeah i would have to assume the cast of the book would include Nightcrawler and Archangel. They're probably the two most prominent characters not in a book. Polaris could be included just b/c she needs a place to be but idk how I feel about her not leading a team or being in this hypothetical book under say Kurt's leadership. It all depends but I'm not super excited by that prospect atm.
    Nothing to stop Polaris leading the team. I never felt that Kurt enjoyed being a field leader very much, doesn’t particularly play to his skill set.

BANNED

I might be in the minority but I dont want Nightcrawler or Angel clogging up yet another book, being outdated and irrelevant for the 34th year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I might be in the minority but I dont want Nightcrawler or Angel clogging up yet another book, being outdated and irrelevant for the 34th year in a row.
    Hm, I was ready with a scathing repost, then I realised that I too am outdated and irrelevant...

So anyway, X-Corps, no doubt we will find out in due course.

BANNED

Hm, I was ready with a scathing repost, then I realised that I too am outdated and irrelevant...

So anyway, X-Corps, no doubt we will find out in due course.
    Feel free to scathe me. I find a bunch of characters from the classic era havent had anything to tell for years now and those are two of them. Angel story has been one perfect circle this last decade, if anything you could argue he's propped up Betsy storyline but even that I find debatable. Nightcrawler has just been unremarkable. Im ready to have my mind blown if a writer comes up with a brilliant and radical direction to take them but if theyre just in a book because their classic characters and they have to be. Meh.