Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Nah, it only added wholly unnecessary convolution, to something that already has enough of it.
    Within the context of the shared universe, sure, which I pointed out. Were the franchise standalone, it’d have some legs.

BANNED

IDK, I find the concept rather hokey & kinda silly, TBH. But that's just me, YMMV.

BANNED

IDK, I find the concept rather hokey & kinda silly, TBH. But that's just me, YMMV.
    I find religion hokey and silly, so I understand. I’m just very interested in the notion of mutants existing in the past and the implications of history being whitewashed to exclude them in much the same way it’s been done to LGBTQ figures of the past. The killcrop/changeling concept PAD introduced interests me for the same reasons.

BANNED

Okay, I get ya. And my own interest is definitely piqued more, comin' from that angle. Could you elaborate on this, though?

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The killcrop/changeling concept PAD introduced interests me for the same reasons.
    I'm familiar enough where I can recall the terminology, but not the eXact details of their designation(s), or the implications of such.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I find religion hokey and silly, so I understand. I’m just very interested in the notion of mutants existing in the past and the implications of history being whitewashed to exclude them in much the same way it’s been done to LGBTQ figures of the past. The killcrop/changeling concept PAD introduced interests me for the same reasons.
    That certainly is an interesting angle.
    There’s real world conversations between parents of children on the autistic spectrum on how in the past they’d have been considered changelings.

Okay, I get ya. And my own interest is definitely piqued more, comin' from that angle. Could you elaborate on this, though?

I'm familiar enough where I can recall the terminology, but not the eXact details of their designation(s), or the implications of such.
    I think it was mutants that were born with powers (as in powers already active at birth and not during their teen years).

BANNED

PAD garbage is better left unmentionned.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I will join you in that minority but add in Beast, Havok, Colossus, Banshee, Polaris, Longshot and Dazzler as well.
    Polaris is awesome. Longshot is awesome. Dazzler CAN BE awesome.

Beast and Banshee I agree. They need reinvention which has been tried but not very successfully. Although Beast was good as a foil to AntiHeroCyclops. Now he's on XForce... just lmao. Banshee turned zombie, but he does have ties to the most important mutant ever now so there is that.

Colossus is more inbetween these categories, since he is similar to Beast and Nightcrawler in a lot of ways as a Kind Hearted Innocent. Which many fans resonate with but it also tends to "dumb down" storylines involving them and doesn't permit a lot of nuance. In XForce they're clearly putting him into a more "PTSD case" situation and we'll find out how different he handles it vs Domino.

There were promotional materials for the fox-made Apocalypse film that got into this, in a pretty clever and well-done way if you ask me. Sort of how En Sabah Nur/Horsemen are the real-world references for all these myths.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler is a consistently relevant X-character because of the nature of her design.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

repost my bad

BANNED

Happy to elaborate! It’s again this notion of connecting mutants with historical superstitions and myths in a way that weaves them into human history. The idea that these supernatural narratives rose up as a way to explain the presence of mutants gives them broader context and opens up all kinds of story opportunities.

Moreover, the killcrops concept (mutants born with active x-genes) carries all sorts of interesting implications, like the idea that the onset of the X-gene at puberty was an adaptive response to so many killcrops being killed at birth.

There’s just so much to be mined from the concept of mutant erasure/lost history, and Hickman has already planted some seeds with Apocalypse.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 11-25-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Happy to elaborate! It’s again this notion of connecting mutants with historical superstitions and myths in a way that weaves them into human history. The idea that these supernatural narratives rose up as a way to explain the presence of mutants gives them broader context and opens up all kinds of story opportunities.

Moreover, killcrops (mutants born with active x-genes) carries all sorts of interesting implications, like the idea that the onset of the X-gene at puberty was an adaptive response to so many killcrops being killed at birth.
    Duuude Id love further exploring of that idea....probby one in the only good thing to be taken from PADs run....
    GrindrStone(D)

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Remember when there were X-Corp offices all over the world? Neal Shaara and Lifeguard were heading the one in Mumbai.

I wonder if the X-Corp are in charge of carrying out diplomatic dialogue between Krakoa and other nations through official channels.
    Lifeguard misfiled some briefs.

BANNED

I choose to believe Lifeguard and her feathers got sucked into a Shi’ar jet engine several cosmic events ago.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I choose to believe Lifeguard and her feathers got sucked into a Shi’ar jet engine several cosmic events ago.
    Wouldn't the Five just bring her back if that were the case?