Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I will not rest until Neal Shaara, the Thunderbird, returns and is rehabilitated into an Apollo-from-Authority-level solar powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I will not rest until Neal Shaara, the Thunderbird, returns and is rehabilitated into an Apollo-from-Authority-level solar powerhouse.
    I really hope he returns! He's got tons of potential.
    But he'll probably need a new codename, as I doubt John Proudstar will stay dead for much longer.
    Maybe he could adopt something like Surya (Indian sun god), as Indra (god of the heavens, thunder etc) is already taken.

BANNED

Nah. Legacy codenames ftw.

And I doubt very much that Xavier has a Cerebro backup of John, based on the PoX timeframe for that work. (Even with the continuity error suggested by Hickman in an interview, it almost certainly was after the opening issues of the Claremont run.)

My prediction:
    Writer: Vita Ayala (with Hickman as co-writer on launch)

Candidates for the Cast:
    Monet
    Synch (Hickman is a big fan)
    Nightcrawler (on the council and too big to not be on a book)
    Polaris (was in Vita's Prisoner X)
    Xorn
    Lady Mastermind
    Exodus (the last two because of their prominence in HoX 5 and Exodus is on the Council; every team so far has a former "villain")
    Archangel
    Banshee or Siryn

Just based on who isn't on a roster.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

C'Mon Monet
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Nah. Legacy codenames ftw.

And I doubt very much that Xavier has a Cerebro backup of John, based on the PoX timeframe for that work. (Even with the continuity error suggested by Hickman in an interview, it almost certainly was after the opening issues of the Claremont run.)
    It would have John from Necrosha and/or Chaos War.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-War-X-Men%94

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 10.19.39 PM.jpg

BANNED

Yes, I heard. Still, I like the legacy name. We’ll see if we see either of ‘em soon.

BANNED

I will lose my **** if Lady M is in this.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just wonder when will we know more about this and what X-Corps will be about.

I would love to see a surprise cast. As Archangel and Polaris are about the only a-list characters who have not been cast of a current DoX-book, we might expect them on it.

Me too hops for the return of Neal Shaara, so let us all keep our fingers crossed.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

I would love to see a surprise cast. As Archangel and Polaris are about the only a-list characters who have not been cast of a current DoX-book, we might expect them on it.

Me too hops for the return of Neal Shaara, so let us all keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I am hoping we can get Banshee & Monet. They were apart of the last X-Corps. Then add Skin & Synch since they aren't on any teams already. Not a full GenX reunion, but that's cool. Get 4 old characters and 2 or 3 new ones for the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Oh, this would be the perfect place for Synch.
    I wonder if this books is being set up in one of the Wave 1 books? That could mean some roster changes ahead if a character from another book leaves to join X-Corp.
    I say this because Jubilee and some of the New Mutants seem kind of perfect for an X-Corp book if it's anything like the team from Casey and Morrison's runs.
    ZOMG! If Synch and Skin are in an ongoing book ..
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    My prediction:

Candidates for the Cast:
    Monet
    Xorn
    Lady Mastermind
    Exodus (the last two because of their prominence in HoX 5 and Exodus is on the Council; every team so far has a former "villain")
    Archangel
    Banshee and/or Siryn

I'm very much inclined to believe X-Corp will be Vita Ayala's title. I think them + Carmen Carnero would be a dream team. And Hickman co-writing on launch is possible, given the indication he'd be doing just that in the podcast interview given recently.

To build on your roster speculation, I'll add that Blink, Dazzler, Frenzy, Multiple Man, Northstar, Sunfire & Warpath are strong candidates, and probable inclusions in the Dawn of X given that pretty much every notable mutant has a role in this new era. Furthermore, we know Leah Williams has a book of her own, so I doubt all the remaining 'big' characters are being allocated to this one title. I think we can probably expect to see Nightcrawler, Angel, Polaris, Dazzler, Banshee & Northstar divvied up between the two, as they're the characters that I feel are most likely to assist in selling the title, based on popularity and character recognition alone.

I'll add that Blob, Daken, Monet, Northstar & Shatterstar are characters in Leah Williams' wheelhouse, and some that she's written in the past (see AGE OF X-MAN X-TREMISTS), so some of them may be locked in for her book.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Shouldn't February solicits be dropping next week? If so, and assuming X-Corp is on schedule, we should be learning very soon what that title entails.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    My prediction:

Candidates for the Cast:
    Monet
    Xorn
    Lady Mastermind
    Archangel
    Banshee or Siryn

That sounds amazing to me.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member

I was thinking maybe a book about Worthington Industries , So New Mutants and Fallen Angels spins-off to this with Angel recruiting Anole , Armor (plus her NM team [Boom-Boom , Glob , Manon , Maxime maybe Wing) then Bling! & possibly Husk from Fallen Angels then maybe mix in the military approach with Banshee , Blink , Penance , Skin and Synch rounding out the book.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I bet Marauders, X-Men and X-Force will be the fittest. Overally they have the teams with the most famous mutants and they have received the most promotion.
    Excalibur and especially Fallen Angels might bite the dust sooner.

Fallen Angels maybe, I don't know if it's me but I thought the long-term goal for Excalibur was transitioning Bets' into CB. Something that was going to actually stick, because personally I can easily see them adapting this for the Cinematic universe in the same veins of Captain America and Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. We just got white Monet again.

She's gotta be apart of another bigger series and brown because that would catch on. She was white so long in X-Factor which was the longest series she was apart of. so everything from that sticks as a default. Once again cases of creative teams doing random stuff & subsequent teams latching on to it, and eventually the character strays heavily from what they were intended as.

Ugh, can we just start a petition at this point asking Marvel to at keep POC as actual POC my God even in 2019 the prevalence of the issue is so casual.