Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why does Marvel hate Vision and Scarlet Witch relationship so much?

The MCU is the only adaptation (decent, not counting Avengers animated from 90´s) of this couple, Vision dies twice in a movie, all it seems indicate he will die again at the end of Wanda Vision series, and in comics they almost seems to hate each other, they used to have a pure love, but then it came Vision returning as a complete machine, the discussions, Vision making some horrible things to Wanda, Vision coming back as himself but Wanda knowing he´s the same one she used to love chooses not to be with him anyway.

Do you think they´ll be back together someday in comics? or Marvel will continue like this?
    WAIFU 106.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    The MCU is the only adaptation (decent, not counting Avengers animated from 90´s) of this couple, Vision dies twice in a movie, all it seems indicate he will die again at the end of Wanda Vision series, and in comics they almost seems to hate each other, they used to have a pure love, but then it came Vision returning as a complete machine, the discussions, Vision making some horrible things to Wanda, Vision coming back as himself but Wanda knowing he´s the same one she used to love chooses not to be with him anyway.

Do you think they´ll be back together someday in comics? or Marvel will continue like this?
    WAIFU 106.jpg
    They don't hate the relationship, they hate the idea of any healthy stable relationship; relationship problems are a cheap path to "drama".
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post

WAIFU 106.jpg
    Wanda and Vision is one of my favourite couples. It is a shame John Byrne destroyed it and other writers preferred to play Love Triangle instead of fixing the mess. As much as I love the couple, I think there is too much baggage both continuity and emotional wise for them to go back together now. I would love to see a Renew Your Vows style story though

I think it's less marvel as a whole, and more specific writers which may have not necessarily been fans.

Byrne clearly wasn't the biggest fan of WandaVision, but I THINK Busiek was sort of moving in the direction of them getting back together. Bendis sort of put the breaks on that.

I think some writers are fans of the classic couples and some clearly aren't. Hank and Jan was another example. Though they didn't remarry they got back together for some time, then Chuck Austen happened.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's less marvel as a whole, and more specific writers which may have not necessarily been fans.

Byrne clearly wasn't the biggest fan of WandaVision, but I THINK Busiek was sort of moving in the direction of them getting back together. Bendis sort of put the breaks on that.

I think some writers are fans of the classic couples and some clearly aren't. Hank and Jan was another example. Though they didn't remarry they got back together for some time, then Chuck Austen happened.
    Kusiek really annoyed me with how he handled it. He should have reconciled the couple and fixed the marriage after the Morgan Conquest but instead he made the Vision act like a logical douche and then added the whole Wonder Man love Triangle

Yes to both.
    For every writer who likes this relationship (it’s a great relationship), there are two who’d rather have Wanda all whacked out, and don’t see any value in the Vision.

BANNED

Don't see them getting together anytime soon as they could have done something with in No road Home what with synergy and all that.

Currently there are just no writers in the Avengers office that care about either Wanda or Vision, let alone them together.

As the TV show goes, so shall the comics pander.

Marvel Comics gave Wanda a new love interest two years ago and can't get them on a page together.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I missed that. Who is this new romantic interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I missed that. Who is this new romantic interest?
    Brother Voodoo, it started at the end of Zub's Uncanny Avengers and has been entirely off-panel since.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Marvel Comics gave Wanda a new love interest two years ago and can't get them on a page together.
    Yeah, the relationship progresses, they go from admitting their feelings at the edn of UA, to planning to move in together in No Road Home, next time we see them talk about their relationship, they'll probably be married with kids

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Brother Voodoo, it started at the end of Zub's Uncanny Avengers and has been entirely off-panel since.
    thanks. I hadn't been following that one....didn't it get cancelled a couple of years ago?

They've been apart for a long time. And their relationship has been pretty bitter for a while. I think the first hit Byrne took on the relationship just did permanent damage. Because they tried to get them together here and there after that and it just never worked. Then you tack on what happened in Disassembled and it was probably too much. I don't know why they allowed what happened decades ago to pull them apart. I think they just get tired of writing the same relationships after a while.

I do want to add that I like the idea of the new relationship with Brother Voodoo. Two magic users together. I just wish they would do something with that. Or even put Wanda in comics regularly. The only thing to look forward to right now is the Tarot mini in January.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-16-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.