Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Are they? Because if If marvel really hated that relationship they weren't giving it screen time, they made it official in the the movies so I think that now we can just sit and wait until the synergia gets to the comics and they get together again. I'm not following Wanda right now so I have no idea about how this will impact the character and her current relationships.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Are they? Because if If marvel really hated that relationship they weren't giving it screen time, they made it official in the the movies so I think that now we can just sit and wait until the synergia gets to the comics and they get together again. I'm not following Wanda right now so I have no idea about how this will impact the character and her current relationships.
    She's currently in limbo. But her relationship in Zub's book was with Doctor Voodoo. I think it'd be weird to just put her and Vision back together instantly after everything that happened in comics, that hasn't happened yet in the movies. They'd have to reboot or work towards some sort of forgiveness and healing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

See, I feel like they keep coming back to the Vis/Wanda pairing conceptually, even if they're kept apart in fact. Vision made his synthezoid wife based on Wanda's brain patterns after all.

Extraordinary Member

I never had a problem with the Wanda/Vision/Simon triangle in the late '90s. I know fans of the couple wanted them back after a decade of being apart, but the comic really needed a big soap opera romance story (to me that was the main thing the Roger Stern run was lacking), and Wanda had an on-again, off-again romance with Simon before he "died," so they were the obvious choice. Then Wanda and Simon started to realize they didn't really love each other, but Vision started dating other women and Wanda decided not to tell Vision she still loved him... all Soap Opera (or Friends) 101.

Then they were out of the comics for a long time after Avengers Disassembled and neither of them has fully recovered the ground they lost during those years.

What puzzled me was the way "Uncanny Avengers" simply treated Simon and Wanda as if they'd always been each other's true love. Even if you ignore the issue where they decided they were never really in love at all, it was strange that Remender simply ignored the Vision part of it and didn't even mention his existence until very late in the run - it was as if he was trying to will them into being the perfect couple.

My own suspicion, based partly on things he's said and partly on the comics he's edited, is that Tom Brevoort is not a fan of getting Vision and Wanda back together and finds it too nostalgic or backward-looking. Remember that in "House of M" Wanda's ideal world didn't even include Vision at all, and then since coming back to the comics he's presided over her romances with Wonder Man and then Doctor Voodoo. It's like he started his run on Avengers by keeping Wanda and Vision apart and still finds it works better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I never had a problem with the Wanda/Vision/Simon triangle in the late '90s. I know fans of the couple wanted them back after a decade of being apart, but the comic really needed a big soap opera romance story (to me that was the main thing the Roger Stern run was lacking), and Wanda had an on-again, off-again romance with Simon before he "died," so they were the obvious choice. Then Wanda and Simon started to realize they didn't really love each other, but Vision started dating other women and Wanda decided not to tell Vision she still loved him... all Soap Opera (or Friends) 101.

Then they were out of the comics for a long time after Avengers Disassembled and neither of them has fully recovered the ground they lost during those years.

What puzzled me was the way "Uncanny Avengers" simply treated Simon and Wanda as if they'd always been each other's true love. Even if you ignore the issue where they decided they were never really in love at all, it was strange that Remender simply ignored the Vision part of it and didn't even mention his existence until very late in the run - it was as if he was trying to will them into being the perfect couple.

My own suspicion, based partly on things he's said and partly on the comics he's edited, is that Tom Brevoort is not a fan of getting Vision and Wanda back together and finds it too nostalgic or backward-looking. Remember that in "House of M" Wanda's ideal world didn't even include Vision at all, and then since coming back to the comics he's presided over her romances with Wonder Man and then Doctor Voodoo. It's like he started his run on Avengers by keeping Wanda and Vision apart and still finds it works better that way.
    The Simon stuff creeped me out. He creeped me out. The best thing he did was be absorbed by Rogue so she could get some of her abilities back.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Marvel likes healthy relationships. I can't think of any long term relationships in the MU. Even Mr. Fantastic's marriage is tarnished with Sue's constant infidelity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Simon stuff creeped me out. He creeped me out. The best thing he did was be absorbed by Rogue so she could get some of her abilities back.
    Not any less creepy than the Vision who far outdoes him in the creepiness department.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Not any less creepy than the Vision who far outdoes him in the creepiness department.
    Vision never decided to not do something for someone, because he wanted to mack on someone else's wife. Then still go after her after she said she sees him as a brother type. Also, Vision has never tried to hit Wanda. Simon did punch at her and hit near her head. So... yeah to hell with him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    They don't hate the relationship, they hate the idea of any healthy stable relationship; relationship problems are a cheap path to "drama".
    That's my truth, I'm sticking to it.

why does marvel hate the avengers so much
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

i blame byrne. just because he thought vision is a walking toaster, he decided to turn him into one. the damage done to vision took a huge toll on the relationship, it never recovered and took years to undo. when busiek finally reunite wanda and vision again , it felt finally right and then bendis did another byrne and destroyed them. the jla/avengers acene when the vision were shown what happened to him, what happened to his children, that was as real as it got. busiek got it.

Last edited by marshal88; 10-16-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, the relationship progresses, they go from admitting their feelings at the edn of UA, to planning to move in together in No Road Home, next time we see them talk about their relationship, they'll probably be married with kids
    Truly, a proportional development.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If I'm being totally honest, once they established that the Vision was basically Wanda's life-size anthropomorphic vibra-, er, sex bot with Simon's brainwave patterns, I was completely turned off from the relationship. Their having kids just made matters worse. Oddly enough, I like both characters. I just don't like them together.

Extraordinary Member

Just two main factors:
    Marvel doesn't care for married couple at this point.
    Vision and Wanda are regular comic limbo guests.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Vision never decided to not do something for someone, because he wanted to mack on someone else's wife. Then still go after her after she said she sees him as a brother type. Also, Vision has never tried to hit Wanda. Simon did punch at her and hit near her head. So... yeah to hell with him.
    Simon wrecked her marriage just to score with her, She (implied to) orally rape him will brainwashed . The perfect foundation for a relationship