Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Being brutally honest, IMO -

Worst: Steve (he is a criminally underdeveloped character)

Best: Superman or Batman
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Worst: Batman

Worst Non-Superhero: Mike Schorr

Best Superhero: Superman

Best By Far: Steve Trevor

Worst: Her brothers, Supes and Bats.
    Best: Steve Trevor.

Astonishing Member

Best: Steve Trevor

Worst: JL members, particularly Batman and Superman.

Spectacular Member

Eternal Best : Steve Trevor
    Worst : Everyone else
    Worst of the worst : Superman (and Batman)

All-New Member

Best long game: Superman
    Best temp: Trevor
    Worst: Batman

Fantastic Member

Best: Superman

Ok: Steve

Bad: Batman, Aquaman

Worst: Orion, I hated it when he was in her book during the New 52. I thought it was insulting the way he treating WW. I also thought it was degrading when Orion would call WW Legs. It made me sick !!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-17-2019 at 08:11 AM.

BANNED

Worst: the whole JL especially Blue Beetle the manic stalker
    Best: eh, no one measures up.

Best: Steve Trevor (mainly Chris Pine and DCSHG versions)

Good: Trevor Barnes, Tom Tressor

Intriguing, but only in an Elseworlds setting: Aquaman

Disappointing: Superman, Mike Schorr

Bad: almost any other DC superhero, esp Orion

Worst: Batman, in any incarnation

Amazing Member

Best: Barbara Gordon Oracle

Worst: Steve trevor

Best - Steve Trevor (as portrayed in the Wonder Woman live action movie and the recent animated Bloodlines movie)

Worst - Batman. I can never understand why Diana would be friends with, let alone have a romantic relationship with a rich psychopath in a batsuit.
    Worst (runner up) - Superman, because he belongs with Lois as much as Steve belongs with Diana & Bruce belongs with Selena.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 10-20-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: language, please

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Best: Steve Trevor if anyone would take the time to really flesh him out as a three-dimensional character. And Superman. No explanation really necessary there, they just click with me in virtually ever incarnation.

Worst: Batman Never fully done, thank goodness, but awful in other media to the point I never want to see it explored ever again in comics even slightly.

All others are not really good or bad, rather just evoking no chord at all with me.
    Bolded: In total agreement.

Absolute best: Superman, Clark Kent, Kal El.
    The man who was her best friend. The man whom she has stated to know her better than any other man. The man who has been her confidant and she his. The man she has been able to let down her guard with. Whose shoulder she has cried on and vice versa. The one she can completely be herself around, who gets her, who can relate. They share similar burdens, hold many of the same values and their differences are minimal enough that they both can learn from it, and they balance out. To me there is no other option. I could care less for both their Rebirth versions as I see them as poor iterations of the characters.

Tolerable alternative: Steve Trevor. The movie made him mildly interesting. Other than that he does absolutely nothing for me. I am not of the mindset that just being the traditional love interest automatically makes him the best. Status quo for the sake of status quo does not a good pair make.

Bad: Anyone else

Absolute Worst: Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bad choice in every iteration. Just God no.

Incredible Member

The worst have to be Manno (Mer-Man) & Wingo (Bird-Man).

The saddest? I would say Ed Indelicato, Hermes, Mike Schorr, the Lansinarian, and Io, because all five were cases of love unrequited.

The best...is just so very writer dependent. Sharp, in that gorgeous but ultimately dull mini-series, wrote one of my favorite Diana/Steve scenes, and he was fine under Rucka's pen post-Rebirth, but he was such a terribly boring love interest for so long, really, from Marston to Rebirth.

Superman is ok, but it's again so writer dependent. Soule did a nice job on their joint title, but Tomasi took all of the fun out of Diana and made Superman so little boyish that it was just unpleasant to read.

Batman has been written as such a miserable inhuman for so long that no one should be his love interest.

I only remember a little about pre-crisis Keith Griggs - something about Wonder Woman being attracted to Steve but Diana Prince was attracted to Keith Griggs, because Steve largely ignored her until Diana tried to kill off the identity.

Those occasional betrayals - Mike Bailey, Tim Trench, some others I'm sure I'm forgetting (Jonah what's-his-face from Rucka's first run? Was he supposed to be a romantic interest or just someone who was in awe of her until he was revealed as an agent of Checkmate?) - who certainly don't count.

I think Tom Tresser could have been good, but again, what did we really learn about him? He was more of a comedic foil for Diana than a developed character. I liked the peach pit scene, though.

Trevor Barnes - well, it seems he never stood a chance with fandom. I think if the reasons Diana was attracted to him had been clearer than just "He's gorgeous" and "He's smart," than maybe. I don't know. I just wish DC had been willing to give him a chance beyond PJ's run. I do remember reading that Simonson was asked to jettison Barnes by the end of his story arc, but I don't know if that was editorial or a request from Rucka.

Maybe it's just that we've rarely seen Diana and romance written well, and since it's not the focus of the book and the writer's change every 6 months to 2 years, there's just never enough time to write a love interest who really seems to be "it." I just can't identify a "best" love interest.

All-New Member

Best: Steve Trevor

Worst of the worst: Superman. 'Nuff said.

I don't know if I think Diana's ever had a great love interest. Steve is solid, but gets rebooted too often to have the same iconic stature of Lois Lane.

The worst is Superman.