BANNED

Default Underrated heroes and villains?

Write here which ones and why, I donīt know villains to talk about, but heroes? Firestorm is extremely underrated, and it hurts me.

Here are some villains

Kestrel - This guy's claws can tear through reality....why isn't he used more often? Seems like a crazy threat

Johnny Sorrow - Look at his face and you die instantly....why isn't he a huge threat?

Vandal Savage - Immortal, centuries of knowledge, why is he not one of the smartest man on Earth is beyond me. He should be Dr.Doom level

King Kosmos - An over the top cosmic villain with powerful TP....where the heck is he?

Infinite Man - Can't be hurt, can manipulate time and space.....looks like DC just hates these super powerful villains huh

Vandal Savage - Immortal, centuries of knowledge, why is he not one of the smartest man on Earth is beyond me. He should be Dr.Doom level
    Living longer gives an opportunity to learn more and be more educated, but would not increase a person's native intelligence. I also think it would be a decreasing benefit in terms of knowledge because now so much is being generated each year (via research and such) that one person cannot read it all before new things are discovered.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    He should be but it seems like he is always used as a punching bag with poorly executed plans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Here are some villains

Kestrel - This guy's claws can tear through reality....why isn't he used more often? Seems like a crazy threat

Johnny Sorrow - Look at his face and you die instantly....why isn't he a huge threat?

King Kosmos - An over the top cosmic villain with powerful TP....where the heck is he?

Infinite Man - Can't be hurt, can manipulate time and space.....looks like DC just hates these super powerful villains huh
    kestrel is specifically create for hawk and dove and thus seldom used elsewhere. same with shadowstorm who jumped over to plague captain atom after the firestorm series ended

infinite man was simply way too powerful , last time i saw him was in a losh crisis crossover where they used the event to neutralise him.

johnny sorrow is tied to his extradimensional master - the king of tears. he's been used too many times that he's been rendered kind of ineffective nowadays like doomsday

don't know much about king kosmos but there's plenty of powerful one-shot villains who had encountered superman , another one would be Maaldor the darklord

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Write here which ones and why, I donīt know villains to talk about, but heroes? Firestorm is extremely underrated, and it hurts me.
    Professor Pyg
    Animal Man
    Manhunter
    Detective Chimp
    The Spirit
    Josie Mac

I find them excellent characters, but they aren't seen enough. They deserve a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Professor Pyg
    Animal Man
    Manhunter
    Detective Chimp
    The Spirit
    Josie Mac

I find them excellent characters, but they aren't seen enough. They deserve a lot more.
    I liked Detective Chimp in Batman Secret Files. I did look for more with him, but it was mostly Justice League Dark, which didn't sound like my genre (though I've heard it's good, just not to my taste).

I loved Detective Chimp in the Shadowpact series they did a few years back. After Infinite Crisis I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Vixen (Mari Jiwe McCabe) is an extremely underrated superheroine.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Mr. Terrific. The guy is interesting and has some interesting issues to delve into while also being a good foil for lots of characters, though I admit he needs Pieter Cross as his conflicting world view that is debated with mutual respect. More than any book DC puts out, I think Michael Holt's would provide good ground to actually discuss issues instead of strawmanning them out of laziness.

He's also perfect in gonzo team-up books. Versatile character, excellent design, works in a supportive or leading role and has just enough tools under the hood (widower, intellect, mature demeanor, dry sense of humor and a class act) to explore narratives without being overly bogged down with baggage due to retcons and the like.

The Spectre. His tendency to job like a sonuvagun outside his own stories really does make him seem like the biggest chump in comics despite, well, being able to take pretty much anyone's lunch money if he wants it. If he stopped being used as a jobber to establish antagonist threat levels, I think he'd become a lot more popular. He's the DCU's boogeyman. Even The Joker shouldn't want to cross him.

I don't even want him showing up in events. Just leave him out. He's more than fine serving up vengeance on a personal scale.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-17-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He should be but it seems like he is always used as a punching bag with poorly executed plans.
    His last big plan was the penultimate arc of New 52 Superman. He started to appear near the climax, Savage Dawn, I think, but... I think he orchestrated the whole year's event. At least from Superman's depowering. A lot of characters from Batfam to the Justice League are involved. I haven't actually read it so I don't know if it's a good plan or not.

Underrated Heroes

OG Doom Patrol:

Underrated Villains

Atrocitus & the Red Lantern Corps:

If Firestorm is underrated then you have to admit Deathstorm is as well.
    I wonder if there are any other Firestorm alternate Earth counterparts that have been developed enough to get their own name.