View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This couldn't be made with Gambit and Rogue? seems more like their things
    I thought you said Marvel would never allow it? Or was that just some shallow excuse you came up with?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So Polaris' costume changed throughout the issue right? I'm not crazy

How nice that Jean's room in the Summer House is placed right between Scott & Logan

Why Logan even has a room there...yeah, odd.
    I had a "that's kind of strange" look on my face. But I did get a kick out of the Vulcan/Wolverine dialog

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I thought you said Marvel would never allow it? Or was that just some shallow excuse you came up with?
    I probably forgot to have a huge IF

anyway the hinting is annoying AF already.

This couldn't be hint with Gambit and Rogue? seems more like their things

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Scott probably offered Emma a room and she was like no thanks, I've got a castle.
    Just wait until issue #3.

They all creep me out, the way they talk. The X-Men are weirdos now.

Jean's sleeping with both Scott and Logan. There's an empty bedroom for Polaris when she wants to get back with Alex which is inevitable. Me likey.

1 Star, lol.

I liked the issue a lot. There were a couple of moments that were a bit off, but overall, It was solid.

The expository dialogue from Cyclops and Storm to start it off seemed pretty unnatural. I suppose I get it....this is a new issue 1, and maybe there are readers who didn't buy Hox/PoX, so some table setting is needed. But it was overly expository. Pretty minor complaint though.

Initially, both Vulcan and Cable kind of irked me. Their voices were just....I don't know. Annoying? But, taken as a whole, I kind of like how they fit into the scene. The idea that this collection of people and their bizarre connections to one another....it's all so removed from what would be a "typical" family. I've always found the Summers family stuff to just be a bit too much, really. But Hickman decided to just really lean into it, and make this the most dysfunctional family to have ever existed. And in that sense it works. It reinforces the idea that mutants are different from humans.

But.....even then, there's part of me that looks at this and thinks "this is not normal". And I'd probably shrug that off.....except for Polaris's look at Cyclops when she asks him if he actually believes what he just said.

That was great. I mean, a lot of what he said rang true. But some of what he said.....always looking forward to being a dad and stuff like that.....I don't know if it is true. I'm not one of those readers that holds characters past transgressions against them forever or anything....but Cyclops never really seemed like much of a family man back in the day. Kind of the opposite, really.

So these scenes, to me, can really be read two ways. Cyclops as the happy head of a family that consists of his space pirate father, slightly psychopathic brother, time displaced teenaged son, daughter from an alternate future, devoted wife, and her hairy side piece. Or they can be read as a guy who has convinced himself that this is all normal for an X-Man and that this is all what he wants, but really he's in denial and is a few minutes from snapping under the weight of it all.

It really does seem to work either way.

The placement of the rooms in the home is also interesting. Room for another Summers child and another Summers sibling. And then of course the adjoining rooms, and Wolverine living in the house at all, hint at a lot more. I wonder if they'll simply present it this way, as a kind of hidden easter egg type thing, or if it will actually become part of the story.

I was a little disappointed to see Orchis kind of go full on evil, though. I had kind of liked the less monolithic and purely racist portrayal in Hox/PoX, so having Devo show up as a pretty traditional supervillain was a bit of a letdown. But, he does seem interesting, and Dr. Gregor is still around, and the developments on that front are interesting.

I liked a lot of the exchanges in this issue.....the Magneto stuff was all well done. Scott and Lorna was interesting. Scott and Ororo....I like them as equals better than rivals, for sure. Devo and Karima's conversation was well done.

All in all, a good start, even if a bit odd in places. But it hinted at a lot of things to come, and to me that's always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    First of all I was completely right about Hickman’s story and the real big bad that mutants face is human nature itself. I’m going forego gloating about that. But are we seriously NOT about to talk Storm and Cece working in tandem. I loved it! Not only was Ororo monitoring the massive energy output of the two children, she was actively keeping their radiation in check. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssshhhhhhh!
    Right?? So many little bits here to please so many of the fans. Love how Storm said she was indeed tired but never too tired to lift up her own people. *tears*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Oh sure but its fine when Storm does it for years.
    well shes actually a goddess and was worshipped as one which magneto even acknowledges:

so my point still stands ole man is losing it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    First of all I was completely right about Hickman’s story and the real big bad that mutants face is human nature itself. I’m going forego gloating about that. But are we seriously NOT about to talk Storm and Cece working in tandem. I loved it! Not only was Ororo monitoring the massive energy output of the two children, she was actively keeping their radiation in check. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssshhhhhhh!
    yesssssssss I completely missed this. this issue was giving me all kinds of claremontian teas
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So do they all shower in the Krakoa ooze?!

That was married with a kid. Jean and scott aren't married anymore and the have kids.

That is Moira and Wolverine.
    Moira wasn't married last time I checked, her husband was killed by Proteus back in the 80s.

Jean and Scott certainly came across as an old married couple here with Teen Cable as the kid.

But you likely don't need to worry, I doubt it will go (much) beyond these subtle hints. Readers will likely be able to happily ignore it if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Moira wasn't married last time I checked, her husband was killed by Proteus back in the 80s.

Jean and Scott certainly came across as an old married couple here with Teen Cable as the kid.

But you likely don't need to worry, I doubt it will go (much) beyond these subtle hints. Readers will likely be able to happily ignore it if they want to.
    Moira and Xavier married with the dream of mutants survival. Their kid is krakoa.

Clearly there is something going on with Wolverine and Moira

also fans read whatever they want into anything
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-16-2019 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Emma has her own locale on the Krakoan mainland, the White Palace. Any time Scott wants to get down he can take the gateway right to her. No way she is coming up to Jean's place lol

That is Moira and Wolverine.
    I hope so, Moira x Wolverine sounds so cute.

Are there opening/closing quote pages like in HoX/PoX?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/