View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Seems there was a misinterpretation on my part. My apologies.
    it happens. i have a bad habit of taking things too literal myself sometimes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like happy endings so I kind of hope we find out that Karima is a double agent. It's not like Xavier hasn't used double agents before, he used Tessa/Sage as his agent inside the Hellfire Club for years.
    That was my very first thought, but it seems highly unlikely now the themes are more fully developed.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like happy endings so I kind of hope we find out that Karima is a double agent. It's not like Xavier hasn't used double agents before, he used Tessa/Sage as his agent inside the Hellfire Club for years.
    I thought about that as a possibility as well, but given what we've seen in Moira's previous lives and about Homo novissima, Karima's exclusion from the X-Men seems like a purposeful exile. Also there was that brief scene in HoX #3 about picking sides.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I thought about that as a possibility as well, but given what we've seen in Moira's previous lives and about Homo novissima, Karima's exclusion from the X-Men seems like a purposeful exile. Also there was that brief scene in HoX #3 about picking sides.
    Karima was really tight with Magneto and Xavier, so it would really sting if those two turned on her in some way.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Didn't she turn on them though? By being involved with Orchis and Mother Mold. I mean if she was really tight with Magento and Xavier shouldn't she have told them about Mother Mold?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

There are a number of things surrounding Karima that have felt off since House of X started. We don't know why after having the Omega Sentinel programming rendered inert it turned back on. We don't know how much Karima is in there vs the programming. I felt that Kurt's interaction with her at the Orchis station was written OOC as I would have expected him to reason with her or converse with her more. I'm fascinated by the road trip that Hickman is taking us on, I just feel like we need to know how we got in the car at some point and I hope flashbacks will do that for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Didn't she turn on them though? By being involved with Orchis and Mother Mold. I mean if she was really tight with Magento and Xavier shouldn't she have told them about Mother Mold?
    HOX #3 implied through the dialogue between Karima and Kurt that Karima had been turned away or set aside in some way by the X-men. My guess is that it was a combination of krakoa's 'mutants only' stance along with the controversy Karima's sentinel tech would cause among the population. If I remember correctly, Mystique hated her guts just for being a prime sentinel.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't have a problem with Karima relapsing into an Omega Sentinel but I'm surprised she went straight to Orchis instead of acting on her own.

Oh well, In Hickman I trust.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    There are a number of things surrounding Karima that have felt off since House of X started. We don't know why after having the Omega Sentinel programming rendered inert it turned back on. We don't know how much Karima is in there vs the programming. I felt that Kurt's interaction with her at the Orchis station was written OOC as I would have expected him to reason with her or converse with her more. I'm fascinated by the road trip that Hickman is taking us on, I just feel like we need to know how we got in the car at some point and I hope flashbacks will do that for us.
    Hickman has made it pretty clear the implied backstory will remain just that. We won’t see this kind of scene. It isn’t OOC it just implies that something has happened that makes the appropriate in-character response this one.

We will learn what has happened through normal interaction and standard storytelling.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Theres a third party involved that we dont know abt. In HoX #1 Karima's affiliation is "unkown" in the data pages. In HoX #4 she tells Gregor shes only on the Forge as an observer. Hinting that she must be reporting to someone. In XM #1 she calls Orchis an experiment. If shes the microscope observing them there has to be a doctor involved.

Even without the possibility of being pushed out as an excuse, Karima would have eventually gone heel. Think about it: She's died at least four times either because of or at the hands of a mutant, and every time she came back, there's canonically been less Karima and more Omega Sentinel. She barely has any memories of being human, and in fact can barely recall her time as an X-man. She's not Jean Grey, she's Beric Dondarian. Death lessens her.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Even without the possibility of being pushed out as an excuse, Karima would have eventually gone heel. Think about it: She's died at least four times either because of or at the hands of a mutant, and every time she came back, there's canonically been less Karima and more Omega Sentinel. She barely has any memories of being human, and in fact can barely recall her time as an X-man. She's not Jean Grey, she's Beric Dondarian. Death lessens her.
    Omegal sentinels go back to factory programming. Karima can't change her nature (even if artifitial)

we saw her in the future working with Nimrod to hunt mutants

Karima has ALWAYS betrayed the X-men. I dont get why anyone is surprised/disappointed, nor why they continue to give her multiple chances to try and kill them. I dont beleive there hasnt been a stint that hasnt ended that way. She may have been accepted into their ranks in the past but she is and always will be a sentinel and as such a natural enemy to mutantkind. I dont believe she can ever truly be reformed bc she is a machine who's programming is strong and easily susceptible to being corrupted back to its original directive

BANNED

Thats like saying Polaris betrayed the XMen when Malice possessed her or Storm betrayed the XMen when Emma switched their bodies.
    Karima is very much a victim in this situation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Theres a third party involved that we dont know abt. In HoX #1 Karima's affiliation is "unkown" in the data pages. In HoX #4 she tells Gregor shes only on the Forge as an observer. Hinting that she must be reporting to someone. In XM #1 she calls Orchis an experiment. If shes the microscope observing them there has to be a doctor involved.
    I agree. Karima did not at all participate in defending the Forge, when her superior firepower would have made all the difference and likely saved that Mother Mold