View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So that Vulcan is a resurrected one right, and a version resurrected from before his Deadly Genesis “death” on Krakoa but with the power level of the later Vulcan. Xavier wouldn’t want Emperor Vulcan. He’s want a compliant Omega Level mutant.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    So that Vulcan is a resurrected one right, and a version resurrected from before his Deadly Genesis “death” on Krakoa but with the power level of the later Vulcan. Xavier wouldn’t want Emperor Vulcan. He’s want a compliant Omega Level mutant.
    Doesn't that feel a bit creepy?
    I mean cool, he is a good guy now but basically our mutnats basicaly created a desired version of what the summers wanted Vulcan to be, they didn't resurrect the person that he became (even if that was a bad person).
    It feels weird to be honest

Is there any reason as to why Wolverine has a seat in the summers house other then just as a little fun gag for the readers ?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I mean cool, he is a good guy now but basically our mutnats basicaly created a desired version of what the summers wanted Vulcan to be, they didn't resurrect the person that he became (even if that was a bad person).
    Would Xavier have Vulcan when he was off in space? What’s the range of Cerebro? We know it couldn’t reach the sun.

Or, with all of Moria's multiple lives and timelines she knew enough to tell Xavier not to do the stupid that led to Deadly Genesis in the first place. Evil Vulcan didn't get mindwiped, he got retconned IN STORY.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

It does feel weird but this isn't the first time we have seen this in comics. I was interested in what his pre-Deadly Genesis personality would be like and he is quite silly!

Seeing Scott and the Summers clan together as a family was something new. It felt grander than other stories showing the X-Men as a family unit. I felt genuine happiness for them. That could have easily had been Reed, Sue, and Johnny and that's what made it special.
    Last edited by The Jeeper 2.0; 10-16-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Pretty good issue. I liked the character interaction, had some good action, the family feel with the Summers clan and seeing Polaris get to some much needed panel time. I enjoyed Hickman's take on Storm. Despite the physical fatigue and being exhausted on the BS with the human extremists she had an ironclad will, determination and compassion, and that was refreshing to see. Not to mention the creative use of her abilities made sense for the story and is a nice break from lightning lass lol. This story reminded me of Storm and Cyclops working together as a duo in classic Uncanny #154.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-16-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Is there any reason as to why Wolverine has a seat in the summers house other then just as a little fun gag for the readers ?
    I assume he has a room in everyone’s house. Or there is a bunch of Wolverines now and they are like a common house pet for mutants.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This was a good read. Is there a word for something that interests you while making you feel uncomfortable? I like the adventure, the conflict, the characters, and the warm interactions. At the same time, I resolutely despise and renounce the very concept of genetic exceptionalism embraced by this book. I also dislike the reactionary tone the mutants adopt when speaking of humanity. They all sound like jilted lovers, eager to prove they've moved past mankind, and are better off without it, but they just can't stop looking back. "We're sooo much better. So much more evolved. It's ouuuur time. Hey, did humanity hear us say that? They did? Ohhhhhh, what did their face look like? Uh, not that I care."

Homo Superior? More like Homo Tsundere.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I assume he has a room in everyone’s house. Or there is a bunch of Wolverines now and they are like a common house pet for mutants.
    Every team has a Wolverine. Why not every mutant household?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

The real answer? The same reason Jean Grey has a seat: a white-knuckled grip on the deepest bits of nostalgia that would really signify change were it to slip. I say put Jean, Logan and a couple of affiliated others in a house on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Or, with all of Moria's multiple lives and timelines she knew enough to tell Xavier not to do the stupid that led to Deadly Genesis in the first place. Evil Vulcan didn't get mindwiped, he got retconned IN STORY.
    That will take down a lot of events, is better for the story that he resurrected a younger version of Vulcan and simply mindwipe him.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    That will take down a lot of events, is better for the story that he resurrected a younger version of Vulcan and simply mindwipe him.
    Why does Gabriel still talk like a Shi'ar ruler? He made it sound like giving Logan some under-cooked ribeye was akin to receiving an Emperor's boon.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Exactly.

There is a way to reinforce Orchis position. Their leader being some kind of Moira. Someone that is actually seeing the opposite of Moira, Mutants killing humanity and post-humanity being the salvation..
    Now that would be an interesting twist. An unseen battle between humanity and mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Look at the layout again. Notice the only three bedrooms that are connected to each other and don't even need doors to get from one to the other.