View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1591

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Random fanart by Vinnysaart on Deviantart for the haterz.
    Attachment 88550

A costume like this for Jean could work btw.
    lol I like this. I hope Jean's new costume will be better than what she has now.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though with what Hickman has changed with Moira at the end of this Marvel could just do another death of hers back into a reality that looks a lot like the one that existed before Hickman took over, just with the characters that were dead back...so imho they being Marvel have left themselves an out after Hickman leaves if they wanted to...
    What happens to the rest of the MU?

(Other, non-X-Books have already acknowledged the Krakoan Era.)

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post

Depends on the depth of the retcon - if most of the changes happened around the edges, leaving the broad strokes intact, then nothing really needs to happen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I really don't get how anybody still thinks this is all going to be undone.

Hickman just revealed their intentions to release a Moira series about putting all these retcons in place around the continuity we are familiar with. Why would they go through all that trouble just to undo it?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post

Nothing.

If the timeline is reset to Miora's 11th Life then...Krakoa may not exist (as Xavier/Magneto might not have formed Krakoa) and as such the rest of the MU would not be aware either way. Only Moira remembers her past lives...the rest of MU (X-Men/Mutant included) remains blissfully oblivious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

Hickman just revealed their intentions to release a Moira series about putting all these retcons in place around the continuity we are familiar with. Why would they go through all that trouble just to undo it?
    Status Quo is God. Like all the other stories that are filler now.

Hickman will eventually leave, and the next writer(s) will do whatever they want & ignore everything he did.

But can we trust Jonathan Hickman, who demonstrated for 7 years that he was a continuity nut even when making massive retcons?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I know right!?
    I'm guessing "Denile Syndrome". Some are fighting tooth and nail, blood and entrails, not to accept this.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Status Quo is God. Like all the other stories that are filler now.

Hickman will eventually leave, and the next writer(s) will do whatever they want & ignore everything he did.
    Basically this. Hickman gave him and marvel a out.

Nothing is forever

None of Hickman's retcons need to be undone to move the X-Men back to a traditional status quo. I think the X-Men will, of course, eventually return to something more classic. But they don't need to remove Hickman's stuff form canon to do that, and it seems absurd to believe they will.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Basically this. Hickman gave him and marvel a out.

Nothing is forever
    Yea, stories come and go. Hickman won't be the last great X-Men writer and that's a good thing. He along with the writers that come after him should be given the space to tell their stories without being strictly held to what came before. If a future writer wants to use Krakoa (depending on how this run goes), I'm down. If they want to downsize and start up something new, that's cool too (provided the transition is done well). I hope that the open-mindedness fans have towards Hickman's run is also given to future writers for the franchise.

That being said, even if Krakoa doesn't remain a UN recognized state by the end of this run I could see it displacing the mansion as a base of operations for the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

None of Hickman's retcons need to be undone to move the X-Men back to a traditional status quo. I think the X-Men will, of course, eventually return to something more classic. But they don't need to remove Hickman's stuff form canon to do that, and it seems absurd to believe they will.
    The second someone needs a jobber of the week, they'll bring back Crud (aka Creed lol).

When they don't want too many minorities, they'll kill off Synch & Skin again, and revert Bishop to a child murderer.. lol

Relationships will go back to being closed, etc.

Villains will revert to evil and reek havoc.

There's a good bit that can be undone and / or ignored. I can't wait for that last one. All these villains being perfect angels is eye-roll worthy. Omega Red, Sinister, Mystique, Emplate, and Selene need to be causing so trouble and soon.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-21-2019 at 02:10 PM.

I don't think it's absurd, per se. I don't think they'll retcon it from orbit unless it really goes south sales wise, but that is always a possibility in such a malleable medium.

Even if they do return to a pre-HoX status quo...The only major retcon he gave us was Moira is a Mutant.
    Everything else were minor tweaks/explanations to occurrences that already existed in the 616 XM history to "make sense of " and add "dimension to" this, her 10th Life.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Those people are going to be very disappointed in the mutant era of the MCU!

Meanwhile, here's a cool thing to read: Retailer Check-In: Shops Talk About the Successes and…Well, More Successes of House of X and Powers of X: https://sktchd.com/column/retailer-c...d-powers-of-x/