View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1591

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    None of Hickman's retcons need to be undone to move the X-Men back to a traditional status quo. I think the X-Men will, of course, eventually return to something more classic. But they don't need to remove Hickman's stuff form canon to do that, and it seems absurd to believe they will.
    The seeds are already there. What happens when the firmest believer in a vision becomes disillusioned? What happens if Mystique finds out why Destiny is staying dead, or even the threat of her finding out? What if someone other than Xavier gets too good a look at Moria's mind for whatever reason? What if any one of those three starts a domino effect that causes the other two?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sabretooth is a villian and one that should never be redeemed or turned to the side of good. I did like him in Bunn's run but that was specifically bc he was inverted and Bunn made that mean something. It was a good development for the character which I grew to like and hate that was thrown away. With that said, it was a spell put on him and his default is evil, in a way that most X-villians aren't. The recent X-Plain podcast put it well in that he has hurt many X-men in visceral and personal ways with no remorse and that makes him a villian bc he can and will do it again to the next one. I think where writers have gone wrong with him is that he isnt treated as the major threat he should be. He wont be the headliner of a major event like Magneto or Apocalypse but he should be treated as a serious threat in smaller settings, when instead he tends to get jobbed

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sabretooth is a villian and one that should never be redeemed or turned to the side of good. I did like him in Bunn's run but that was specifically bc he was inverted and Bunn made that mean something. It was a good development for the character which I grew to like and hate that was thrown away. With that said, it was a spell put on him and his default is evil, in a way that most X-villians aren't. The recent X-Plain podcast put it well in that he has hurt many X-men in visceral and personal ways with no remorse and that makes him a villian bc he can and will do it again to the next one. I think where writers have gone wrong with him is that he isnt treated as the major threat he should be. He wont be the headliner of a major event like Magneto or Apocalypse but he should be treated as a serious threat in smaller settings, when instead he tends to get jobbed
    So have Mystique & Sinister. But Hickman hasn't thrown them in the trash in his run. lol I agree on the last part though.

If the X-Office wants him as this evil villain who should never be trusted or around people, they need to quit jobbing him. If they wanna keep jobbing him, there's no point treating him as a serious villain because he's not. lol All of his worst crimes are in old stories that are no longer canon given his recent characterization.

In which case, this punishment in HOX was overkill & should have gone to someone more legitimately dangerous. Basically he receives all the bad punishment of a dangerous villain without any of the credible feats. He's blasting off again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-21-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I get that. We're both in agreement over Hickman throwing in some major Scogan "subtext", but Editorial most likely shut it down. What do you think will be the alternative that we'll see in published form? All I'm getting is "Emma, Emma, Emma". Just curious.

That's the whole point. We've got so little intel, it's basically impossible to shut down any theory as long as there's a "Jean isn't doing it" component to it.
    The alternative to not getting Scogan? I believe the intent, maybe before getting trimmed down to vague hints, would be Scott, Logan, Jean, and Emma having an open and interconnected relationship (except for maybe Logan and Emma) but now we’ll just get to see Jean/Scott, Logan/Jean, and Emma/Scott without any of the dramatics or jealousy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is basically just Jean and Scott cheating each other again but this time is okay.
    We already saw that on Morrison, Jean and Scott broke up more than a decade ago in a hard an ugly way, scott and emma broke up years ago and jean and logan have never been a thing. It really doens't matter who is with who but it feels rushed and unecessary to put everybody in that problem again. Which will probaly just end with everybody breaking up anyway.
    legit polyamory would be Emma also doing someone else, or Wolverine but nah, this is just Jean/Scott sucks all over again. If Marvel even shows something with them and not jsut logan and Emma.
    I don't even care about Jean and Scott anymore but it tastes bad to me to keep crapping all over it.
    Do scemma or Jogan or whatever but this drama just will not end well if everybody is there.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-21-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    So have Mystique & Sinister. But Hickman hasn't thrown them in the trash in his run. lol I agree on the last part though.

If the X-Office wants him as this evil villain who should never be trusted or around people, they need to quit jobbing him. If they wanna keep jobbing him, there's no point treating him as a serious villain because he's not. lol All of his worst crimes are in old stories that are no longer canon given his recent characterization.

In which case, this punishment in HOX was overkill & should have gone to someone more legitimately dangerous. Basically he receives all the bad punishment of a dangerous villain without any of the credible feats. He's blasting off again.
    Mystique and Sinister have never been redeemed IMO. Especially Mystique despite her numerous stints as an X-man or ally. There's never an actual change in her moral allignment the way you see when villians actually do reform.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is basically just Jean and Scott cheating each other again but this time is okay.
    We already saw that on Morrison, Jean and Scott broke up more than a decade ago in a hard an ugly way, scott and emma broke up years ago and jean and logan have never been a thing. It really doens't mater who is with who but it feels rushed and unecessary to put everybody in that problem again. Which will probaly just end with everybody breaking up anyway.
    legit polyamory would be Emma also doing someone else, or Wolverine but nah, this is just Jean/Scott sucks at over again. If Marvel even shows something with them
    It's like doubling down on the same thing but in a very dumb way;

I think that everyone got the memo that Jott is awful and blah blah

I just want Jean to move on, but seems like writers have to put Scott there somehow. I saw on Newsarama qhere they put that Scott allow Jean to have a relationship with Wolverine, it is just backwards

I *enjoyed* the issue, but House of X #1 was way more of the dawn of a new era than this issue was. For a flagship debut this was chummy, harmless filler that seemed better fit for an annual.

I'd give it a three star rating because it was all very serviceable down to the art (though I enjoyed the colors quite a bit).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's like doubling down on the same thing but in a very dumb way;

I think that everyone got the memo that Jott is awful and blah blah
    They don't even put Scott there. As a jott fan i wish they would even do that but they don't. They just don't care anymore.
    And at least to me if they aren't a thing at least Marvel could stop trashing it.
    if they touch it, it should be for something good not this love triangle/square that only make Jean and Scott fans feel cheated
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-21-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I *enjoyed* the issue, but House of X #1 was way more of the dawn of a new era than this issue was. For a flagship debut this was chummy, harmless filler that seemed better fit for an annual.

I'd give it a three star rating because it was all very serviceable down to the art (though I enjoyed the colors quite a bit).
    I agree. Nothing too special about this at all.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

this was a weird first issue. More of a hint to what is coming like the orchis possible new nimrod and then children of the vault

Get used to it. Apparently X-men will be these one and done story beats each issue.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Mystique and Sinister have never been redeemed IMO. Especially Mystique despite her numerous stints as an X-man or ally. There's never an actual change in her moral alignment the way you see when villians actually do reform.
    Apparently X-Office thinks Mystique doesn't need redeeming given are her pet-treatment.

But nevertheless, she & Sinister are sitting pretty on the council and showing up on Krakoa in following books. Not down in Hell with Creed, who apparently was the only one Hickman thought needed to be there. Despite being a harmless meathead. lol Very flawed story arc overall.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-21-2019 at 04:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I saw on Newsarama qhere they put that Scott allow Jean to have a relationship with Wolverine, it is just backwards
    Newsarama is just wrongly repeating the same wrong inference that everyone else is. Jean is not in any kind of relationship with Wolverine, unless you count friendship.

Get used to it. Apparently X-men will be these one and done story beats each issue.
    depends how much it advance the plot, because the x-men #1 seemed to do some effort to not advance the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Newsarama is just wrongly repeating the same wrong inference that everyone else is. Jean is not in any kind of relationship with Wolverine, unless you count friendship.
    To be fair they say that it was what seemed to be implied on the comic.