View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Why else would the hairy imp have a room with the couple though? What other possible connection to the Summers could justify his presence in their home with bedrooms next to theirs other than his historic creepy lust for 60s Red?

Maybe it is a reach, but that just means that Hickman is doing a good job.
    Not to mention the Sinister Secret from HoX/PoX that pretty much spelled it out... or at least made it hard to infer anything differently. Although it's Hickman so we won't know until he really wants us to know one way or the other.

I didn't want to get my hopes up before now but the Children of the Vault are actually back! That girl (who may have been Serafina? I still have my doubts) just needed to spout some random Spanish in her dialogue and it would have been perfect.

I loved how much focus Storm and Polaris got.

I actually enjoyed the Summers family dinner. Kid Cable was actually kinda funny asking Jean for permission to trade guns. And Vulcan and Wolverine's argument over rare or medium-rare steak was pretty good, Vulcan is clearly still evil if he's cooking steak any higher than medium-rare

Is the Summers House this flower building or the smaller one beside it?

Amazing Member

I dug it.

Wished the whole issue was the Summers' BBQ. Not a huge Scott fan, but always enjoy when the mutant fam just hangs out.

Only thing I didn't like was the expository rhetoric in the opening action sequence. That's the type of conversation you have over drinks. Not mid mission while people are trying to kill you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It's definitely the art and the writing. Like someone else said some scenes have too much dialogue we're it just doesnt seem to make sense.

Like going down hallways and sneaking around. Would they really be spouting all that stuff they were spouting.

You know that scene in HoX #6 of all the mutants having a good time?

That is what we should have felt during the Summers BBQ scene. And we did not get that at all.

They should have let Larraz do these first 4 issues. But anyways. Whats done is done.
    That about sums up how I feel. 3/5 for now with the hope next issue straightens out some things for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Could Debor Ahsummers be Shi’ar?
    What makes you think this

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Remember when X-Fans were claiming Marvel were trying to replace the mutants with the Inhumans? I wonder if Inhumans fans will now say the same of the X-Men because IMO opinion(if we just go by this issue alone), it certainly seems to be the case lol.
    They have totally become the Inhumans.

Royal Famil[ies]
    Blue Area of the Moon
    Portals = Lockjaw

Amazing Member

Ok I think I'm out until these books come up on Unlimited. HOX/POX left me cold and X-men #1 is more of the same unrecognizable characters and ham-handed dialog and plotting that requires too much suspension of disbelief. (the only good part was Lorna asking Cyclops if he really believed what he was saying. Again SOMETHING IS NOT QUITE RIGHT).

I gotta admit the final straw was the Logan - Jean - Scott adjoining rooms. Hickman is hopefully taking the piss but still irks me that he's even playing with the sex fan fiction fantasies of basement dwellers. Sad to see X-man fall down to this level of incel fueled perversions.

Also no one finds it weird that everyone is walking around in their costumes? Sigh....we're a long way from New X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    I gotta admit the final straw was the Logan - Jean - Scott adjoining rooms. Hickman is hopefully taking the piss but still irks me that he's even playing with the sex fan fiction fantasies of basement dwellers. Sad to see X-man fall down to this level of incel fueled perversions.
    Do you know what ‘incel’ means?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Scott probably offered Emma a room and she was like no thanks, I've got a castle.
    She was like nah, YOU come to ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I didn't want to get my hopes up before now but the Children of the Vault are actually back! That girl (who may have been Serafina? I still have my doubts) just needed to spout some random Spanish in her dialogue and it would have been perfect.

I loved how much focus Storm and Polaris got.

I actually enjoyed the Summers family dinner. Kid Cable was actually kinda funny asking Jean for permission to trade guns. And Vulcan and Wolverine's argument over rare or medium-rare steak was pretty good, Vulcan is clearly still evil if he's cooking steak any higher than medium-rare

Is the Summers House this flower building or the smaller one beside it?
    It seems Summers House is the bigger because the data page showed the hangar with the jet inside elevation level 5.
    I wanna see the gym!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They have totally become the Inhumans.

Royal Famil[ies]
    Blue Area of the Moon
    Portals = Lockjaw
    You forgot the most important parts. They have powers and not human. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Not to mention the Sinister Secret from HoX/PoX that pretty much spelled it out... or at least made it hard to infer anything differently. Although it's Hickman so we won't know until he really wants us to know one way or the other.
    I just love how Hickman is purposely getting people riled up by this. :-D
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, we have this too.

Interesting with the “Hyperstorm” reference.

Would be interesting to see him return in an X-book

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    It's a matter of opinion and perspective, really. If everyone involved is open and honest about it, it can work. The issues with it are a) that Scott is or will be clearly going beyond the limits, sleeping with more people than Jean, Emma and Logan (LOL), b) it's impossible to suspend disbelief that Logan and Scott would ever actually sit down and have a conversation about Jeansharing, and c) Jogan has always been treated as very one-sided, with one party's advances usually refused by the other, in several different occasions. This is all going to eventually implode, of course, but it's still too weird and fanfic-y.

In sum, the concept of polyamory is not a problem to me, it just feels too weird for this particular group of people. Which is probably what Hickman intended, but it still pulls me out of the story too much.
    if it is a open relationship why would someone care if Scott got out of the combined circle? it is open there isn't cheating on a open relationship
    b. of course logan/jean/scott would never happen. Years of dispute and then they all resolve to have threeways? dumb stuff.
    c. Jean was attracted to Logan, but that is how it was, it wasn't even a triangle. She was really ok with not having anything to do with Logan.

i'm not big on poliamory, specially on fiction that needs constant tension and character developments. It is even worse that it doesn't fit these characters

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    That was married with a kid. Jean and scott aren't married anymore and the have kids.

That is Moira and Wolverine.

Fantastic, the voices where all spot on and the Summer house gives that family feel I love about X-Men.

BANNED

We better get floor maps for everyone else’s homes as well (including who is sleeping where and which bedrooms have adjoining doors).