View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They have the power to create anything they want. Forge could have built something to make it or Alchemy (if resurrected) could have transformed another metal into it
    Orchis was the one who had the vibranium wall though. Forge and Alcheny wouldn't work for them

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    The Orchis wall.

Incidentally, while we’re all steamed up about the sinful room sharing, I looked up Orchis and it’s a kind of orchid, named after the Latin word for testicles.
    Oh my bad, you're right. It is suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    But the same person who started the Inhuman uprising is writing the mutants.

wait...

Dammit, Hickman!!!
    This keeps coming up but it is not accurate. Hickman was writing his Avengers books and he had left a number of Inhuman threads dangling from his Fantastic Four story that Fraction wanted to play with. Fraction did a load of work on it and consulted with Hickman on the Infinity book in order to set up his story.

Then Marvel threw a spanner in the works and started demanding a new direction for the Inhumans. Fraction kept adapting his work but there were clearly incompatibilities so Marvel took Inhumans away from Fraction. Fraction pointed out that he had spent months on the project at Marvel’s request and wanted to be paid for his time. Marvel said that unpublished work was not something they paid for and Fraction basically insisted which left a rift between him and Marvel.

Officially Marvel paid for the material and handed it on to future writers but how much of it was used is a secret. In other words we can say with near certainty that the direction established in Infinity bears very little resemblance to the travesty that Marvel were actually insisting upon and we ended up reading.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh my bad, you're right. It is suspect
    Especially with Wakanda currently a "non-treaty nation". Hickman is up to something.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    So yeah...let's talk about that vibranium wall...how did they get their hands on THAT much?

T'challa, sir...
    they could have mined it from a source in space. vibranium isnt native to earth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

With Jean, Wolverine and Cable on other teams in other parts of the world, I suspect that house will feel rather empty most of the time

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I must say Jean and cable were soooooo cute. they have a chance to get time with their son they originally had lost.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I must say Jean and cable were soooooo cute. they have a chance to get time with their son they originally had lost.
    Makes me wonder if Kid Cable was mandated to make the Summers family work better for this relaunch. I’m not sure the timing lines up for that to be the case though.

Jean can actually claim him this time as she and Scott had to keep their identities secret when they originally raised him. What we saw here was a new dynamic for them

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Especially with Wakanda currently a "non-treaty nation". Hickman is up to something.
    Maybe The Vanisher was actually a secret Wakandan agent with plausible deniability, and his smuggling to the criminal underworld was a front for an anti-mutant contingency operation.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

they could have mined it from a source in space. vibranium isnt native to earth.
    No, T'challa gave it to them

I just know it!
    He's jealous cause he knows 'Ro is getting some on Krakoa *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Makes me wonder if Kid Cable was mandated to make the Summers family work better for this relaunch. I’m not sure the timing lines up for that to be the case though.
    Could be, hickman is working on x-men books since the begining of the last year

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You guys, I'm so glad to see so many people enjoying this issue - it's a joy and a great time to be on this forum. Everyone is having fun! The characters sound fantastic and I believe Hickman heard people's notes about his past character work. Well done. I'm over the [blue side of the] moon!

Even you spirit2011, I know you're loving all of this. :-D That Krakoan essential oil diffusing in your room is working.

P.S. I didn't realize how much I love Scott. His tenderness to everyone was beautiful, especially Ororo. Ol' boy scout is acting boy scout-y again.
    i'm not lovin this, characters that I simply don't know anymore
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-16-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Are they just not gonna address Vulcan? Cause i feel of everything, you probably should address Vulcan.

Oh yeah, and the fact we’re going straight into Arakko next month, with the Orchis scenes apparently setting up future plots, is as super Claremontian as the mid-fight conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    No, T'challa gave it to them

I just know it!
    He's jealous cause he knows 'Ro is getting some on Krakoa *shrugs*
    Wakanda refused to have any bilateral trade agreements with Krakoa because they "don't need mutant drugs"