View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Are they just not gonna address Vulcan? Cause i feel of everything, you probably should address Vulcan.
    yeah it was odd that this went ignored. Its easy enough to deduce what happened (Xavier brought him back, likely at a point before he was presumed dead by Krakoa) but Havok and especially Corsair and Hepzibah were too cool around him with no explanation. We should have seen Hepzibah attack him with Jean holding her back and Scott being used to narrate what happened for Corsair and the readers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wakanda refused to have any bilateral trade agreements with Krakoa because they "don't need mutant drugs"
    Right. Hickman was specific about that, as well as Wakanda's rejection leading to rejections from Azania, Canaan, and Kenya because each is a "Wakandan economic protectorate". It's been repeated a few times now that the creation of Orchis involved some of the "greatest human minds". Something. is. up.
    Last edited by JB; 10-16-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wakanda refused to have any bilateral trade agreements with Krakoa because they "don't need mutant drugs"
    And there’s other places that vibranium can be found like the Savage Land. Isn’t that how most villains get their vibranium anyway? I strongly doubt Wakanda is giving vibranium to organizations that torture and experiment on mutant children. That’s next level mischaracterization, even by Hickman standards.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    No, T'challa gave it to them

I just know it!
    He's jealous cause he knows 'Ro is getting some on Krakoa *shrugs*
    oh dahling lolol. ororo is not getting caught up in that polyamorous mess going on in the Summers quarters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean can actually claim him this time as she and Scott had to keep their identities secret when they originally raised him. What we saw here was a new dynamic for them
    oh that's good. I've not read all of their earlier interactions but I'm glad they can live as a real family would, minus all the xmen fighting evil mutants stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Makes me wonder if Kid Cable was mandated to make the Summers family work better for this relaunch. I’m not sure the timing lines up for that to be the case though.

it most definitely seems like it was . I know a lot of his fans miss the older version but this version is so cute so I'm a fan.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yeah it was odd that this went ignored. Its easy enough to deduce what happened (Xavier brought him back, likely at a point before he was presumed dead by Krakoa) but Havok and especially Corsair and Hepzibah were too cool around him with no explanation. We should have seen Hepzibah attack him with Jean holding her back and Scott being used to narrate what happened for Corsair and the readers
    I think we are suppossed to know that th etime jump was used for this

Mighty Member

This is the big thing.

People call Scott Hitler, but Vulcan was literally space hitler.

He's got a kill count that would make Thanos go "Hey, not bad kid."

What if Golden Age Claremont were writing with a modern writing style.
    This is how I would define this issue.
    Filosophical discussions between characters, daily life situations, family drama and a little bit kinky subtext. A 70-80s Claremont comic.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    What if Golden Age Claremont were writing with a modern writing style.
    This is how I would define this issue.
    Filosophical discussions between characters, daily life situations, family drama and a little bit kinky subtext. A 70-80s Claremont comic.
    there were elements that did feel very claremontian.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Right. Hickman was specific about that, as well as Wakanda's rejection leading to rejections from Azania, Canaan, and Kenya because each is a "Wakandan economic protectorate". It's been repeated a few times now that the creation of Orchis involved some of the "greatest human minds". Something. is. up.
    Yep, I'm sure we'll see it when all of the MU shows up on Krakoa's doorstep for no reason at all other than being haters

BANNED

Dont know if intentional but Yu drew Kid Gladiator among the abducted mutant kids.

Spectacular Member

gods this was shitty.. everyone sounded like brainwashed versions of themselves spouting nonsense...i need to go and bleach my eyes for having read this

BANNED

Cyclops is so full of **** "I remember the day my son was born" bitch was in Asgard while Maddie delivered the baby by herself on their house's floor.

Also its a random thought but I can see Magneto dying a martyr eventually.

Well, I liked it.

That said, considering that Scott, Jean, and Logan (as well as Emma) are characters that I can't bother to give half a s*** about, anymore, I would have loved it if it focused a little less on them. But that's just personal taste.

I just hate the authoritarian bs Xavier, Magneto, and Moira are pulling, but that's something I hate in-universe, while liking the story itself.
    Last edited by djoki96; 10-16-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Are they just not gonna address Vulcan? Cause i feel of everything, you probably should address Vulcan.
    Yeah, I was waiting on some apologies from them to Gabriel to happen, he deserves it.

Amazing Member

Its just a few us dude. I want to like this and made it through HOX/POX but shitty dialog and shitty art does not make great comics, regardless of who's ever BIG IDEAS!(tm) are behind it. I'd done buying issue by issue and I'll take another peak here and there once it all hits Unlimited but I dont think I need Clonebot Xeroxsex-men in my life right now.

BTW: How did did we get back to 70s style superheroes lounging around at home in their costumes again anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    gods this was shitty.. everyone sounded like brainwashed versions of themselves spouting nonsense...i need to go and bleach my eyes for having read this