View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She was originally human and Sinister has a catalogue of everyone on the planet. Same way that they revive mutants, they can save her. It’s just a matter of if they’re willing to in order to help a victim.
    Let's see how it unfolds. We clearly have not seen the last of her and perhaps they will attempt to save her. I'm thinking it won't work but let's see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What exactly can they do to help Karima? Given the Omega Sentinel infographic presented in HoX/PoX?
    They could probably resurrect the original one in a new body but there's that "essence" nonsense to consider.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let's see how it unfolds. We clearly have not seen the last of her and perhaps they will attempt to save her. I'm thinking it won't work but let's see.
    Another take but an interesting thought, what if they did do the process on her and thus give her a new lease on life but due to her original body being an Omega Sentinel, it either self-repaired or was recovered and repaired and without her mind in it, the Omega Sentinel programming took over 100%, developing into its own AI in charge of her old body?

BANNED

Something could be done to help her with Forge/Box/Trinary tech expertise.
    Her story is extra tragic considering we've seen how she clearly cherished her humanity in Adjectiveless X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Looking forward to what he explores!
    ...and I wonder if he's inspired at all by the Netflix show "Sense8"? A group of a different strain of humans, all with something close to 'telepathic' powers (yeah, more complex but close), who have very interesting sexual relationships due to the expansion of their consciousness and awareness. Portrayed as wonderful and beautiful to the participants (albeit with an adjustment period) but a bit odd to 'normals' or 'offputting' to people who really don't like relationships other than the traditional kind.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Hickman tweeted a fanedit of Emma proclaiming "I **** redheads" when HoX #5 came out. He also said he was going to reinvent the way mutants experience love before HoXPoX started. Its barely subtext at this point.
    I know it's barely subtext, I just hate the development. I'm gonna live in denial until I see a page of the four of them stangled in the sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    I know it's barely subtext, I just hate the development. I'm gonna live in denial until I see a page of the four of them stangled in the sheets.
    So I think you are safe

...and I wonder if he's inspired at all by the Netflix show "Sense8"? A group of a different strain of humans, all with something close to 'telepathic' powers (yeah, more complex but close), who have very interesting sexual relationships due to the expansion of their consciousness and awareness. Portrayed as wonderful and beautiful to the participants (albeit with an adjustment period) but a bit odd to 'normals' or 'offputting' to people who really don't like relationships other than the traditional kind.
    Justa excuse to get people naked having sex meh

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Justa excuse to get people naked having sex meh
    Did you actually watch "Sense8" because it was a hell of a lot more than that, had some very innovative narrative structures, detailed plotting, and explored multiple themes and concepts. The ability for people to experience the physical expressions of love of multiple people, including their own, at once was an extension of the growth of increased understanding and empathy that was the main theme of the series.

ETA: I could see Hickman doing something similar with the telepaths involved. If Jean connects all 3 (or four) of them to where individually and collectively they experience the love, lust, play, etc. of everyone, even the areas of uncomfortability and the corrections to mitigate that... it could be a very interesting exploration of these themes.

Did you actually watch "Sense8" because it was a hell of a lot more than that, had some very innovative narrative structures, detailed plotting, and explored multiple themes and concepts. The ability for people to experience the physical expressions of love of multiple people, including their own, at once was an extension of the growth of increased understanding and empathy that was the main theme of the series.
    I didn't and seems like majority didn't watched it too

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But I think this is part of where the discomfort from this book comes from. The X-Men have abandoned Karima, humanity, precogs, all in the name of keeping themselves safe.
    You know what they say about those who value their security above all else... which is ironic given the circumstances here.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, they save their own. How noble of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Right. Corsair would understand Scotts pov a lot better if he bothered spending more then one evening every 4 years with him so he can put his discomfort in a box somewhere.
    Cyclops: you know.....you could always learn more about mutant cul-

Corsair: would you look at the time, I have to go do something far away from you and any of your brothers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    I hope they kill Gregor off quick. Her worthless husband killed himself, she needs to get over it.
    You're clearly very young.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They could probably resurrect the original one in a new body but there's that "essence" nonsense to consider.
    Honestly, I think how they decide to handle Karima will be very interesting. On top of that, very telling of their current morals.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

We are not sure that The Five's procedure can work with humans. Perhaps the eggs produced by Goldballs are only compatible with mutant DNA.