View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1591
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    No, it’s not the same. A drunk person is mentally incapable of consent, testify and drive. They are literally not in their right mind. A person with PTSD is capable of consent, sign a contract and drive. And unless Scott was diagnosed and was officially her patient calling it rape-y is not right either. I did say it’s unethical, not only was Scott depressed but also a married man but calling it rape is a stretch
    Oh, I don't think it was rape, just to clarify. I just said it's not that distant in the sense that both are unethical. I don't think it's the same as taking advantage of a drunk person too. Just saying that both are bad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don’t remember him asking Charles for therapy and Charles refusing. Scott cheating is your typical infidelity story,” I was depressed/mid-life crisis .. my wife didn’t pay me attention wah wah lemme go holla at that blonde chick. Oops, I love my wife. I’m sorry. Take me back. I’m more depressed now.”
    What book were you reading? The wife had mind bending powers. The side chick had mind bending powers. Shady **** was going down.

Morrison was tripping lmao.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Oh, I don't think it was rape, just to clarify. I just said it's not that distant in the sense that both are unethical. I don't think it's the same as taking advantage of a drunk person too. Just saying that both are bad.
    Yea, I agree. Bad but not a crime

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What book were you reading? The wife had mind bending powers. The side chick had mind bending powers. Shady **** was going down.

Morrison was tripping lmao.
    Scott knew he was cheating though, all of em knew.

Morrison is indeed a trip
    Last edited by BitParallel; 10-22-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Amazing Member

Under Morrison, Jean referred to Scott as "my best friend," "my favorite super hero" and in the end she told him to "LIVE (with Emma)" that she never saw him so free and happy. These are the words of someone who still loves someone but not necessarily "IN LOVE" with them. (I also dont think Jean was ever "in love" with Logan). Morrison told the story of childhood sweethearts who through no fault of their own had been changed. Scott moved on to Emma who represented something forbidden and exciting but without the pressure of trying to be perfect all the time.

This all felt real and natural and built upon the past. Having Scott and Logan now share Jean the same way they share who washes the dishes. (dont think that "Its my turn" was not meant to mean something), is a cheapening of the profound and deep relationship Jean and Scott had (whether romantic or as BFFs). It also turns Logan into a cheap boytoy, instead of a respected friend and comrade.

The romantic kiss at the end of UXM 22 was a mistake and would have been better as a strong hug. These are two people, forever bound but no longer the same people they were on the Dark Side of the Moon way back when.

The best, most realistic result for all three is for each of them to pair off with other people. Why doesnt Logan deserve his own house, his own Jean? Why doesnt Jean deserve someone other than someone who is basically her brother and another who never seemed all that INTO HER anyway?
    Last edited by Emesem; 10-22-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

That is just ignoring all the times after Morrison that Scott showed to love Jean, not just Uncanny #22.And all the times Jean also showed to love Scott after Morrison. They didn't on that story (although Jean did seem to love him there)
    I do believe this will end with everybody apart and that is why it is a waste of time.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-22-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Under Morrison, Jean referred to Scott as "my best friend" my "favorite super hero" and in the end she told him to "LIVE (with Emma)" that she never saw him so free and happy. These are the words of someone who still loves someone but not necessarily "IN LOVE". (I also dont think Jean was ever "in love" with Logan). Morrison told the story of childhood sweethearts who through no fault of their own had been changed. Scott moved on to Emma who represented something forbidden and exciting but without the pressure of trying to be perfect all the time.
    They weren't childhood sweethearts.
    Scott and Jean only got together when they were fully adult, married and raised a kid for 12 years.

Morrison wrote his own continuity ignoring all work writers put into the couple

This all felt real an natural and built upon the past. Having Scott and Logan now share Jean the same way they share who washes the dishes. (dont think that "Its my turn" was not meant to mean something), is a cheapening of the profound and deep relationship Jean and Scott had (whether romantic or as BFFs). It also turns Logan into a cheap boytoy, instead of a respected friend and comrade.
    What morrison built didn't felt real, only for people that accepted morrison own fiction.

This also doesn't feel real, but if people accept Hicman version of these characters it will be alright for them. I mean if people accepted Morriosn assassination of the couple, thisi sjust another step on that

The romantic kiss at the end of UXM 22 was a mistake and would have been better as a strong hug. These are two people, forever bound but no longer the same people they were on the Dark Side of the Moon way back when.
    I can agree with this. But Soctt recently was shown to love Jean and jean never stop loving her.

The best, most realistic result for all three is for each of them to pair off with other people. Why doesnt Logan deserve his own house, his own Jean? Why doesnt Jean deserve someone other than someone who is basically her brother and another who never seemed all that INTO HER anyway?
    Agree too.

Honestly, gods truth: I’m here for the story and the restructure, never cared about the characters or the ships.

I just sit back and enjoy the ride

Honestly, gods truth: I’m here for the story and the restructure, never cared about the characters or the ships.

I just sit back and enjoy the ride
    This seems like a nice and in this context wise take.
    I don't like this but there is nothing i can do to change it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They weren't childhood sweethearts.
    Scott and Jean only got together when they were fully adult, married and raised a kid for 12 years.

Morrison wrote his own continuity ignoring all work writers put into the couple

What morrison built didn't felt real, only for people that accepted morrison own fiction.

This also doesn't feel real, but if people accept Hicman version of these characters it will be alright for them. I mean if people accepted Morriosn assassination of the couple, thisi sjust another step on that

I can agree with this. But Soctt recently was shown to love Jean and jean never stop loving her.

Agree too.
    Girllll, all this time I thought you were a Jott fanatic. Now you saying Jean needs another boo?
    Last edited by BitParallel; 10-22-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This seems like a nice and in this context wise take.
    I don't like this but there is nothing i can do to change it
    How old are you? If you still young then you will live long enough to see Jott again on panel in the future.

if you old tho .. big yikes.

Girllll, all this time I thought you were a Jott shipper fanatic. Now you saying Jean needs another boo?
    Everyone knows that I'm not a Jott shipper. One of the things I wanted most for Jean is new love interest

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Everyone knows that I'm not a Jott shipper. One of the things I wanted most for Jean is new love interest
    My bad!

Jean needs a new love interest! I nominate Dr Strange

How old are you?
    I'm young.
    As a side noteI did a thread about ages on this forum and most people here seem to be between 20 and 40 years old.

I think sometimes what people want of the X-men depends a lot in what era they were introduced or how old are they.

I dislike the notion than the most important thing for Jean is hook up with someone, old or new, one or many.
    that just isn't what the character is about, or what should define her.
    not is such a dramatic development, it is just there.
    I like to thing she has more worth than just that. Because i feel sucking someone doesn't make her better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm young.
    As a side noteI did a thread about ages on this forum and most people here seem to be between 20 and 40 years old.

I think sometimes what people want of the X-men depends a lot in what era they were introduced or how old are they.

I’m 12 y/o