View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1591
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    OMD 2.0 .. Mephisto is out here still erasing people’s marriages.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He has his surgeon hands again (hooooot)
    He made a deal with mephisto to save the multiverse, so he had to erase the memory his ex-wife had of him. He still remembers Clea, but she has no idea who he is.
    That sounds sad but still better than love triangles. All this drama on the X-men makes me see the other drama on the Marvel universe so small. Marvel really has been savage on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Right~ my bad. I just meant ONS.
    I apologize to you, I feel that i just didn't took any of this well and may have been a bit rude these days.
    (not really my intention)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That sounds sad but still better than love triangles. All this drama on the X-men makes me see the other drama on the Marvel universe so small. Marvel really has been savage on here.
    The drama didn’t start yet though. It could be an entertaining one!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I apologize to you, I feel that i just didn't took any of this well and may have been a bit rude these days.
    (not really my intention)
    Issa cool. No hard feelings
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

I am hoping that Jean gets to be a bit independent in X-Force, even if she is casually dating Logan and Scott. The subtext of the rooms is funny, but it could be that everyone is just taking it slow to figure out where things go and they might be casually dating without any commitments right now. It's hard to figure out where Jean is at as a character at the moment until I get some more dialogue and action from her. So far I am not sure if she is herself, but I could be completely wrong and we find out that she is still the strong Jean she has always been. I guess we'll see in the upcoming issues.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm here for the Save-the-world-and-each-other heroics.
    The X-Family Dynamic/Interaction is integral and we got a beauty-full display of that in this X-Men 01 so definitely more of that, please.
    But...
    I can absolutely live without the romantic/sexual relationships that, if not done well and purposefully, drags the X-Men franchise down to Day-time soap-opera schlock levels and detracts from the overall story being told. (case in point...that single Krakoa Habitat diagram shown...to which I will add, I do hope HiX-Man keeps the Scott+Jean+Logan sitch as vague and speculative as possible).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-22-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He has his surgeon hands again (hooooot)
    He made a deal with mephisto to save the multiverse, so he had to erase the memory his ex-wife had of him. He still remembers Clea, but she has no idea who he is.
    Saving the universe is a much better reason to make a deal with the devil than saving someone from dying of old age. That second one is only a temporary reprieve anyways.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Saving the universe is a much better reason to make a deal with the devil than saving someone from dying of old age. That second one is only a temporary reprieve anyways.
    That was childish, that is why OMD is one of the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm here for the Save-the-world-and-each-other heroics.
    The X-Family Dynamic/Interaction is integral and we got a beauty-full display of that in this X-Men 01 so definitely more of that, please.
    But...
    I can absolutely live without the romantic/sexual relationships that, if not done well and purposefully, drags the X-Men franchise down to Day-time soap-opera schlock levels and detracts from the overall story being told. (case in point...that single Krakoa Habitat diagram shown...to which I will add, I do hope HiX-Man keeps the Scott+Jean+Logan sitch as vague and speculative as possible).
    Keep it as vague is just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am hoping that Jean gets to be a bit independent in X-Force, even if she is casually dating Logan and Scott. The subtext of the rooms is funny, but it could be that everyone is just taking it slow to figure out where things go and they might be casually dating without any commitments right now. It's hard to figure out where Jean is at as a character at the moment until I get some more dialogue and action from her. So far I am not sure if she is herself, but I could be completely wrong and we find out that she is still the strong Jean she has always been. I guess we'll see in the upcoming issues.
    Casually dating isn't Jean at all. It's been very clear what Jean wanted all this time. Now if a writer want to ignore that? it depends. Put her in doubt with Wolverine and and Scott, is completely contradicted by decades of canon.
    Go for Jean interested on other guy, owuld be more interested.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-22-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is a impossible convo to with you because you don't see that understand that X-men have been pushing a survival of the species from extinction theme for larger chunk of what I would guess is 15 to 20 years now.
    Oh, I am well aware of what the mutants went through during the last decade of publication. Thank you for assuming I didn't because I happen to not share your p.o.v., that's charming really.

What can supercede helping every "human" ? It is ensuring that your people survive to be able to help humans. Once again there is nothing more moral than ensuring that your people survive.
    You asked me the other day what was more moral than helping your people.
    I answered you yesterday: helping people even when they are not YOUR people.
    I realize you Don't like that answer, but you can rephrase your question as many times as you want, my answer will remain the same.

The X-men franchise is not practical with strategy and thought process people want to see with the narrative they have been pushing. What is happening now in the books had to happen mutants the X-men aren't moving away from anything they are adjusting to the constant theme of mutant extinction that has been pushed start with the legacy virus and real exploded with decimation and has been pushed every since. Xavier Dream doesn't make sense in a world where they just try to wipe out the mutant race/species/people with a cure in one of the most liberal countries in the world. Xavier's dream doesn't make sense where mutants are sterilized by Terrigen Mist. Xavier Dream doesn't make sense when US government agency ONE, not a rogue agency is going after mutants.
    You are saying Xavier's dream isn't adapted to the world the X-Men currently live in.
    Killerbee, it NEVER WAS adapted to their world in the first place.
    Progress in general is never easy nor at times, welcome by society.
    It's a fight.
    That's the Reason it Always has been a struggle to grow and protect Xavier's dream, a fight the X-Men were willing to spearhead because they believed in it wholeheartedly.
    Xavier's dream has ALWAYS been challenged, from day one.
    Facing obstacles, and controversy, and adversarial conditions, enemies both within and external to mutantkind…
    You'll find angry mobs, hunter robots and extremists just the same in early publications of the serie.
    Oh yes, they were goofier and more flamboyant than the "dark and edgy" versions they faced last decade, and the status quo is as dire as it can get.
    Still.
    It was hardship as well, yet the X-Men committed to achieve Xavier's dream all the same.
    Facing hardship and difficulties was never EVER a Reason for the X-Men to abandon Xavier's dream altogether, even during their darkest times.

They never lacked conviction.

You are trying to justify the abandonment ("they are adjusting") of said commitment by Calling it obsolete and inadapted in the face of "dark times". You are welcome to try, but I Don't have to smile and applaud over said abandonment just because you think that's the right path to walk for them. I really Don't.

What is happening is the logical progression of the story that has been going on years now which fans need to understand has to play out. Fans need to sit back and let the story play out.
    Also, fans are people with brains and tremendous commitment for this franchise.
    What they "need" is to be able to express themselves, express what they think even if it's not "mainstream", without people randomly telling them what they are or are not allowed to think from the events unfolding in this serie, mob-mentality style.

Hickman didn't put mutants on Island to isolate them. Hickman put mutants on an island because the fantasy world is so shitty that mutants need to create an effective stronghold from constantly being killed off in stories. Mutants also needed logical global agency in the story. Mutants are being slaughtered all over the world in X-men stories what kind of crap superheroes sit in the mansion then just run around help one or two mutants fight a supervillain here and there and leave everyone else to fend for themselves.
    Yeah no, first off no one is questionning the creation of yet another mutant nation in Krakoa, it's been done before multiple times and it will be done multiple times after this iteration.
    Second, as I said before, Xavier's dream has Always been at odds with the world around it, that's precisely why the X-Men have been fighting for it so hard from their inception.
    They were willing to bled for it, to lay their lives in its pursuit, to tremendous sacrifices.
    The mutants staying between themselves on an island forbidden to anyone that is not mutant is, de facto, isolation and segregation .
    It flies in the face of Xavier's dream of peaceful coexistence every step of the way.
    It's an insult to all the X-Men who bled and died for it all these years.

So f*** the old Xavier dream that let Genosha go unprotected, Terrigen mist m-pox fueled riots terrorize mutants, Mutants be terrorized certain countries with no agency. If you think mutants sit on an island "isolating" themselves instead Xavier's dream is sending a "bad message". Then an even worse message of the X-men running around as self-proclaimed heroes as mutants are killed over the world and they feel good about themselves when they can do more to help is even worse.
    Xavier's dream, his efforts and those of his X-Men didn't "let" any of those events happen.
    That's a twisted rewriting of history, of how these events unfolded and pretending they wouldn't have occured if a mutant nation like Krakoa had existed at the time is a logical fallacy.
    You seem to come from a place where you hold Xavier's dream responsible for anything bad that has happened to mutantkind, either directly or indirectly. That's just … no. I won't even say unfair - that's just flat out false.
    To say they didn't do enough to help makes little sense too.
    Of course they didn't do enough to help because, as long as Xavier's dream isn't achieved, what they do will NEVER be enough. That's par for the course as X-Men, for anyone setting goals they want to reach really. You can't hold that over their heads when, until Hickman, they've Always been shown fighting for it, that's absurd. Well, obviously you can since you are doing just that, begrudging them that, but that's pretty unfair IMO.

In a world with multiple genocides attempts accidentally or on purpose and they literally pass laws that make it a crime to be yourself. Then a place that

A. Actually physical protecting millions of mutants because of strength in numbers and organization makes senses
    B. A Global power that can actually put pressure to make a political change for the betterment of mutants and makes every mutant alive literally under their protection makes sense. They are some crazy story flourish to drum up drama like villains living on the island or mutants can't die but the general set up makes sense with everything that has happened to the X-men over the last couple of years.
    A. Already been done multiple time before.
    B. Already been done multiple time before. Again.

The difference here is the craft put in the conception of the mutant nation, with an exceptionnnal world-Builder like Hickman at the helm. Just so you know.

I don't understand how X-fans can sit down read story after story of a large group of mutants being hunted and killed not understand why the X-men philosophy had to(has) change.
    You being a reader for so long yet unable to understand why the X-Men giving up on what makes them THEM is quite sad actually. If the X-Men giving up on Xavier's dream to grow comfortable with segregating themselves from sapiens on their island, with passive-agressive contempt or hatred in full display down to the kids on said island isn't a red flag to you, Nothing ever will be.
    Not that I'm particularly surprised given you consider "Magneto's dream" as "reasonable" (!!!) and just went on insulting Xavier's vision the last paragraph.

The world fiction keeps having them struggle for SURVIVAL not living in hate and fear but their very SURVIVAL against extinction and their species/race on whole LIVES are on the line. Pretending this the early X-men world where coexistence, as the X-men were trying to do before, could happen is huge lie. Marvel has become this world extinction of mutants is a real possibility and mass killing of mutants or forced assimilation/cultural genocide has happened on multiple occasions. Marvel 616 entire world is basically Modern Darfur and people are pretending that it is the current United States or even Jim Crow US. There is a vast difference between staying in a country that is systemically hating you with sporadic violence and staying in country that will let nearly 500,000 people die. Saying let's coexist together is a vastly different thing in the later.

Ah, yes. Marvel 616 entire world being Modern Darfur.
    You seem to deal in absolutes when it comes to sapiens and Believe it justified. With such extreme stance, I'm starting to think this convo is impossible Indeed.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 10-22-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Well said People of The Earth, cool, glad to hear from someone with the same reservations as me on HiX-Mens take on the X-Men.

Especially love this truth;

You asked me the other day what was more moral than helping your people.
    I answered you yesterday: helping people even when they are not YOUR people.
    I realize you Don't like that answer, but you can rephrase your question as many times as you want, my answer will remain the same.
    The X-Characters spouting "my people" sound off, insular, teen angsty, these aren't teenage mutant hero mutants anymore.

That “Mutants = Americans” sign is laughably bad. Maybe Hickman did the right thing when he canceled the entire ResurreXion line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    The X-Characters spouting "my people" sound off, insular, teen angsty, these aren't teenage mutant hero mutants anymore.
    In what way is using unifying language “teen angsty”???????!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That “Mutants = Americans” sign is laughably bad. Maybe Hickman did the right thing when he canceled the entire ResurreXion line.
    Well… the American mutants are American. In a US context, I suppose it's understandable.
    Edit: I don't recognize the red-haired women but the rest of the mutants are not American… that's true it's not accurate.
    Last edited by Zelena; 10-22-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Wasn't this during the arc with the senator trying to get all mutants deported?
    "Cable was right!"

Wow, Kurt lookin' kinda fresh, though...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Kurt looks so young. Sometimes it is difficult to know how old is he.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wasn't this during the arc with the senator trying to get all mutants deported?
    yeah and she also worked with agents of the American Government and an AI Sentinel to create a new version and deadlier version of the Legacy Virus to deploy across the entire Earth.

Then after all the X-Men disappeared from the world in Uncanny the United States passed a law where all mutants had to be detained and forcibly cured, and killed if they resisted being cured.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”