View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Oh Geezus women and men can't be friends.

if these were two women and two guys no one would be saying this
    I will say you are wrong Spirit, if this was Jean and Lorna, I would be jumping on that ship so fast I would make your head spin!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

This was GREAT I LOVED THE WHOLE BOOK.

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Cables dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Sinister Secret, if we interpret that it is Logan, Scott and Jean, implies that Scott has nothing against Logan and Jean going to bed because he has more "affairs" than Jean.
    It doesn't make sense whe the rooms have a doorway between then.

romantic relationships are about to get screwed by Hickman, a load of dumb stuff just for the sake of calling atention

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I will say you are wrong Spirit, if this was Jean and Lorna, I would be jumping on that ship so fast I would make your head spin!
    And everyone else would point they aren't gay and that would be right

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I thought it was a little funny though, I think Hickman just wanted to do a funny scene where Nathan is trying to buy a weapon, and Jean tells him to set the table and eat supper before he can buy and sell weapons.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

All this Scott being like Xavier's son has me thinking about where Legion will be.

He, Mister M and Monarch are implied that they are alive but they are next to Franklin the Omegas not affiliated with Krakoa.

(Which is funny considering that Monarch and Mister M were dead. Krakoa had to resurrect them so they would then say "Eh, thanks, but I'm fine by myself").

BANNED

Cable acting like a kid makes sense because he knows he'll have to go back to his future at some point and die as old Cable, so might as well make the most of the time he has bring a brat and having a family around.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Oh Geezus women and men can't be friends.

if these were two women and two guys no one would be saying this
    Agreed. Lorna's close friendships among the original X-Men pretty much died in the Silver Age. Rebuilding them would be great.

As for the idea of turning Lorna into the Summers brother girlfriend for the brothers to fight over? They did that in the Ultimate Universe having her date both and it rendered Lorna into not a character, but a pretty trophy for two men to lock horns over.

The scene between Scott and Lorna was well done, but I did feel the Lorna and Magneto scenes was quite strong as they were working together very well though nominally under Scott's leadership something they forgot at times.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-16-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Cable acting like a kid makes sense because he knows he'll have to go back to his future at some point and die as old Cable, so might as well make the most of the time he has bring a brat and having a family around.
    And now he is in the right year to play Fortnite.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it was cute. I mean yeah, he is literally a kid, what is wrong with acting like one?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this kiddie Cable still kept the memories of the original version. If that's the case, there's no reason he should be behaving this way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it was cute. I mean yeah, he is literally a kid, what is wrong with acting like one?
    It was not cute. It was most OOC of the issue.

Welp. It wasnt bad. But it was just kind of meh. I don't know what it was so I am going to read it again.

Everything just came off stiff and robotic. Maybe it's Hickman's writing or Leinul Yu's art. But something was off. Just can't put my finger on just what yet.

I'll have another go and come back.

I think it was mostly the art. But I also don't feel like individuals would be saying everything that Scott and Ororo said during there mission.

hmmm I dont know. Time for a re-read.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I like that, but it's a big jump, needs to be said in-story.

Cute issue, liked this Storm - art especially.

BANNED

I love Yu’s Raza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this kiddie Cable still kept the memories of the original version. If that's the case, there's no reason he should be behaving this way.
    I don't remember this happening, but having the memories doesn't change anything.

Cable was a relly kid dialogue, but not weirder than Vulcan. That "i grew up without male role model and that is why I'm this way" didn't worked as punchline