View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    In this particular case how exactly is it insane hate? I understand that the X-men are the heroes and so on. But in some ways humans aren’t essentially fighting for their survival as well. The fear from the humans is understandable just like the more aggressive approach from the X-men is also understandable.
    What survival ?? humans sired mutants. They dont puff from the ground neither come from the space. The husband wanted kids, maybe some of this kids could be a mutant.

If it was truly survival everyone will be at Krakoa destroying everything, and from the begining the X-Men will always be antagonistic.

This doesnt happen because many heroes, probably, understand that this is a natural course.

Like Corsair, then, what Orchis had is either irrational hate or irrational fear.

It's insane hate and fear, irrational too.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    whatever, same difference. Point is, it aint on Earth
    they can just go thought the portals. but she it isn't safe and she is always with the other 4

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A younger version of Cable came to present day in Extermination and killed the old grumpy Cable. Since then he's settled in 616 and what you see here is a teenager before he becomes the older man we knew
    Ahhh ok. Thanks .

In this particular case how exactly is it insane hate? I understand that the X-men are the heroes and so on. But in some ways humans aren’t essentially fighting for their survival as well. The fear from the humans is understandable just like the more aggressive approach from the X-men is also understandable.
    The fear is based on willful ignorance of reality. Humanity isn’t being ‘replaced’. Mutants aren’t pod people, or robots, or aliens. They are humans with something extra, most often born to two human parents. Humanity is evolving. Even if the average human in the 616 has never heard of evolution and doesn’t understand the concepts, Orchis and others like it absolutely do. They are scientists. Hell, Gregor wrote PAPERS on the subject and STILL signed up to experiment on, torture, and murder children for the sin of...existing.

Let me repeat that: SCIENTISTS - people who KNOW better - are approaching mutation as if it were an alien invasion, and are perfectly happy to hurt as many children as they need to to make it stop. They are CHOOSING to be hateful, ignorant, and awful. And they are dragging the rest of humanity, the complacent, lazy, fickle ones who vacillate between hating and worshipping superheroes depending on the given day in the process.

No sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmnopqrstallion View Post
    I really enjoy your enthusiasm as I felt the same way. This was a great bday present I've been waiting for this issue for awhile ha
    Happy Birthday from all of us at Krakoa!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    100% this.

It’s metonymy. Linguistic shorthand for a more complex thought, expressed in a simplistic way. It’s like saying ‘suit’ when you mean ‘businessman or possibly a government official for whom their job is their life.’ You could certainly take the time to spell every nuance out, or...you could trust that people understand basic rhetorical concepts.
    Genuinely asking: does that also translate to when the group of mutants around Magneto were saying things like "Tell us how you defeated the humans!" and such? (Again, genuinely asking because, being autistic, I have a lot of trouble discerning this sometimes. As in, I think do struggle with rhetorical concepts?)

Okay but how is that fear translating into forced sterilization, murder, torture, experimentation, kidnapping, and sometimes forced deportation “understandable”?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    By the same token, the connected rooms don't actually mean anything. It's for the chuckles. Hickman and the gang are cracking themselves up right now.
    That’s a very....interesting take. So you’re telling me that the house with interconnecting rooms between Jean, her husband/ex-husband, and the guy who’s always wanted to get pegged by her means nothing? Logan isn’t even a Summers, why would that not mean anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Genuinely asking: does that also translate to when the group of mutants around Magneto were saying things like "Tell us how you defeated the humans!" and such? (Again, genuinely asking because, being autistic, I have a lot of trouble discerning this sometimes. As in, I think do struggle with rhetorical concepts?)
    Well, given that Magneto didn’t defeat every human on the planet, ‘humans’ in your example is metonymous for ‘the humans you recently fought, who were hurting our brothers and sisters’.

I totally get it, Domino. My nephew struggles with autism, too. He has a hard time with facial expressions and rhetorical concepts, so I have NO problem explaining stuff I take for granted, and I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay but how is that fear translating into forced sterilization, murder, torture, experimentation, kidnapping, and sometimes forced deportation “understandable”?
    Truth. Seeing the captured mutant children did it for me. The "humans are rightfully afraid" no longer stands with me. Orchis is a monster and needs to be handled with appropriately.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Well, given that Magneto didn’t defeat every human on the planet, ‘humans’ in your example is metonymous for ‘the humans you recently fought, who were hurting our brothers and sisters’.

I totally get it, Domino. My nephew struggles with autism, too. He has a hard time with facial expressions and rhetorical concepts, so I have NO problem explaining stuff I take for granted, and I hope this helps!
    Thankyou, so much; It really means so much to me that you've taken the time to help!

I'll admit, I'm still very, very wary of Magneto...and am concerned for Storm in how she seems to adopt a similar rhetoric, but I think I'm getting a clearer picture based on what you're saying. It still doesn't make 100% sense to me (because, like...why talk as if you mean everyone if you don't mean everyone?) but hopefully I'll come out of this with a better understanding of it!

That’s a very....interesting take. So you’re telling me that the house with interconnecting rooms between Jean, her husband/ex-husband, and the guy who’s always wanted to get pegged by her means nothing? Logan isn’t even a Summers, why would that not mean anything?

I don’t even like Wolverine, but I want the poly thing to be true for two reasons:

1) It’ll make certain people’s heads explode.
    2) It might help people understand the concept better and stop demonizing poly folks.

I have some very close friends who have been in a poly relationship for years, and it’s fine, they talk, they laugh, they go on dates, they watch TV, they are just...people. Not ‘freaks’, not ‘weirdos’, not ‘perverts’, not ‘gross’ (all words I have seen posters on these boards use to describe poly people ever since that Sinister Secret came out.)

No sympathy.
    Exactly.

There is a way to reinforce Orchis position. Their leader being some kind of Moira. Someone that is actually seeing the opposite of Moira, Mutants killing humanity and post-humanity being the salvation.

Still, they are killing kids, it is fucked up, they are not better than the Reavers or the Sapient League.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-16-2019 at 06:37 PM.

BANNED

It doesn't mean anything in the same way which wing of the mansion Jean slept in the night of X-Men #1 by Lee and Kirby didn't mean anything. The graph in this issue is just a fun sight-gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It doesn't mean anything in the same way which wing of the mansion Jean slept in the night of X-Men #1 by Lee and Kirby didn't mean anything. The graph in this issue is just a fun sight-gag.
    it got people talking, it is a call for sales.

i hope this isn't a test on twitter, because twitter has little to do with the actual people who buy books as NYCC showed that regular readers doesn't care about Glob

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Exactly.

There is a way to reinforce Orchis position. Their leader being some kind of Moira. Someone that is actually seeing the opposite of Moira, Mutants killing humanity and post-humanity being the salvation.

Still, they are killing kids, it is fucked up, they are not better than the Reavers or the Sapient League.
    They are testing on kids, there isn't excuse for that